M2412%12% - 61
M9515%15% - 75
L96a158%58% - 276
Type885%5% - 26
Svd7%7% - 33
Total: 471
henkus_
+1|6719
just some data to use, your scope's have dotts, divide the space between the dotts in 10 pieces,
and you have a milldott:
L96 has its dots at 5 parts, so divide by 5 when using the L96

if a target is standing and is 180 mtrs away he is 10 milldotts tall on your scope! ( 1 dott )

10 milldotts = 180 mtrs
9 milldotts = 200 mtrs
8 milldotts = 225 mtrs
7 milldotts = 257 mtrs
6 milldotts = 300 mtrs
5 milldotts = 360 mtrs
4 milldotts = 450 mtrs
3,5 milldots = 514 mtrs
3 milldotts = 600 mtrs
2,5 milldotts = 720 mtrs
2 milldotts = 900 mtrs
1,5 milldotts = 1200 mtrs

yes this is not a linear calculation it is a curve and yes its on a 5x scope as used in bf2
if you can do the math better, please post.

making a headshot when a person is smaller than 4 milldotts is not impossible but i rarely make a headshot on that distance.
3 milldotts, never done that,

i know my english and my stats suck, you dont have to tell me

Henkus

Last edited by henkus_ (2006-04-11 11:49:12)

Sorrenart
+0|6598
Personally, I love the M95 because of its consistent damage. No matter the kit, it will always bring your target down to two bars on a hit and thus take one pistol shot afterwards to kill if they're close enough. Other guns suffer against armored kits (L96 and M24 are still two shots though, but you can't pull ou the pistol for close range encounters as readily). It's got a couple of problems though: it's loud as hell and the crosshairs are rather thick.

On most maps now I pick the L96. If there are going to be helicopters (say Sharqi) I'll probably go with the M95 for the off chance that I can pick out the pilot.

I've never noticed differing damage from an L96. The only time I take less damage from a sniper shot as a sniper is when I'm hit with the SVD/Type 88, but I may go and try it with my roommate later today.
alpinestar
+304|6585|New York City baby.
M95 is the best though it has one flaw scope line beeing too thick making it obsolete for distance headshots not saying it can't be done but it is really annoying to get accustomed to it
??
+32|6587
ty all for voting the resultsdidnt surprise me but im good with the M24 now and M95 since i use them alot on the server i play on ( Frontline Formation ) good server since i have 167Hours to my next rank considering i get 2 spm cause im at 30,500 now i guess ill have to get used to the L96 then cause each sniper is different(i mean like when you lead your shots which i master with the M24)

one time i was on Kubra Dam and i got a guy running he was 300m all the sudden BOOOMHEADSHOT dropped him in one w00t M24 PWNAGE  HAPPY SNIPINGS ALL AND GOOD LUCK:P

https://www.jaxsemperfidelis.org/photopost/data/549/1sniper.jpg

Last edited by ?? (2006-04-11 12:33:21)

LemonChicken61
+0|6706|Minneapolis, MN USA
())))))))))))))))
=============================                    =========
                                 #===============================
                                 #                |||| (    )  )====  (   )==========
                                 #                ||||                =====           =====
                                  #                                        =====       ===== 
                                   #
                                    #
                                   ==

Need I say more?
LemonChicken61
+0|6706|Minneapolis, MN USA
Ahhhh poo....my scope got messed up.     (
??
+32|6587
L96 nice i wish i had acsii character so i could make a good one
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6826
I love the L96A1's wafer thin cross hairs, it's really nice.  Too bad I am such a crappy sniper.
Akmad_Alzir
+6|6585
Even though I voted for the M95 because it ignores body armor and can shoot through heli glass (that is SO satisfying!), I usually use the L96. It's just so fun to shoot I can't help myself.

My longest shot would probably be from Sharqi TV station to Construction...anyone know how far that is?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
The best rifles period are the MEC/PLA SVD Type88 due to the simple fact that you don't lose the target between re-loading rounds.

1 Head Shot kill would be the L96 hands down. EA should be ashamed of the M95 in this game. Pure garbage.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6637|South Korea.
I would like to say, even though I voted the L96A1, I wish to change it to the M95, now I have masterd it, I find it superior. After learning the simple tactic of aiming just above the head, I have discoverd I am now unstopable. Plus you can stop pilots!

This is me destroying a Pilot and the gunner, ignore the near empty, clip, I dont reload until im out.

https://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1184/screen3000db.png

A good hiding place and using the aim above head technique, I got my best round score so far.
https://img328.imageshack.us/img328/5119/screen3082pj.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA
Question- How is it the M95....the "most powerful" rifle in the game has the most bullet drop?

If it has superior power, the l96, SVD etc etc should have the bullet drop the M95 has and the M95 should be a straight shot kill will its propulsion power advantage over the others.

That make stoo much sense? Or none?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6826

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Question- How is it the M95....the "most powerful" rifle in the game has the most bullet drop?

If it has superior power, the l96, SVD etc etc should have the bullet drop the M95 has and the M95 should be a straight shot kill will its propulsion power advantage over the others.

That make stoo much sense? Or none?
Play balancing.

I like how the SVD, one of the most feared sniper rifles in the world at it's heyday, is a piece of junk in the game.
dont_be_ss
+312|6582|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
i disagree i use the type 88 which is similar and i have 2.4 kd ratio with it.
Akmad_Alzir
+6|6585
Nevermind about the TV to construction, it's only ~200 meters after all. The fog must make it seem farther than it is.

From the bridge above the northwest PLA spawn (I think it's called the village or something?) on Wake to the US artillery island is ~500 meters. Same with the carrier to the arty island.
gunpiss
+19|6670
I vote for M24. I seemed can't get L96 working for me:(
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6658|Everett, WA, US
Since the L69A1 came out, I have used that for all my sniping needs.  However, I wasnt very good at it.  Yesterday I was sniping from a smoke tower and was not hitting spit.  Both me and my buddy were out of ammo, so I killed myself and went support and spawned on him.  I rearmed him and put down another bag for me, and picked up what I THOUGHT was my old kit.  It had an M95, so it was his kit (he took mine).  But when I used that rifle, I got three or four headshots in a row, including on from about 340 yards/meters/feet/centimeters (whatever it is).
R0lyP0ly
+161|6642|USA
Yes, i wish to change my vote to the M95. ask Books_DCDF about our Kubra round, in which i nailed 4 choppers (aka killing pilot and / or gunner). I love M95.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6642|USA

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

The best rifles period are the MEC/PLA SVD Type88 due to the simple fact that you don't lose the target between re-loading rounds.

1 Head Shot kill would be the L96 hands down. EA should be ashamed of the M95 in this game. Pure garbage.
Are you kidding me? ALL of the sniper rifles are one head shot one kill. If you kill them in one shot like you should, you dont need to know where he went. M95=L96, but M95 kill pilots , which, by the way, I have a knack for (heheBooks)
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

R0lyP0ly wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Are you kidding me? ALL of the sniper rifles are one head shot one kill. If you kill them in one shot like you should, you dont need to know where he went. M95=L96, but M95 kill pilots , which, by the way, I have a knack for (heheBooks)
Sorry...Im not kidding...

The ability to keep shooting the target without pulling from the sight is a dominant trait in the sniper rifles.

FACT...by simple logic.

M95 sucks due to bullet drop and the FAT AZZ crosshair on the scope. L96 has the most accurate site making it the EASIEST to make a head shot with.

I know you guys never do anything but headshots..../cough/cough....

But logically....I am right.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6722|Singapore
The m95 is really irritating. I got killed 5 times in a row when i got in a jet.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6642|USA

Ayumiz wrote:

The m95 is really irritating. I got killed 5 times in a row when i got in a jet.
lolz
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6648|SoCal

Ayumiz wrote:

The F-15 is really irritating. I got killed 5 times in a row when i got in a tank.
Chillin&killin
+27|6663|Manchester,England
mid range sniping (100-150m) svd is the best can hit targets frequently. sometimes with bolt action rifles you have to settle with a kill damage assist but i do preffer the m24
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6727|Pakistan/England
i love moments like these where i get 3, 4, or even 5 swift kills with my L96A1

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/TahaDar/screen091.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard