Lucractius
+5|6612
can the folks down under get a little of the love ???

im usualy not the most action / gung ho of players when im spending the majority of my time at home my 9250 SE just barely cuts it so im not in the thick of it too often. wouldnt mind babysitting the AU server if you cant find anyone yould preffer .. assuming one happens at all...

come on... who wants to share the fun round down here

Last edited by Lucractius (2006-04-10 02:29:47)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

this has obviously been the topic of some discussion among the admin/mods and members from Oceania. I have no idea wether any of them approached chuy and asked for permission to request sponsorship for such a server, i.e. chuy's permission to allow a possible server sponsor from that region to place an ad on the site.

If this is something you want to make happen I suggest you PM chuy about it.

There is of course a chance that you might find a server sponsor who wouldn't want anything in return ( some rich guy, for example ), but think those chances are slim....
Lucractius
+5|6612
lol im already a BF2S and BF2 shill but hrm not a bad idea to ask Chuy himself ... wonder if he ego searches the forums for his name and would answer without being pmed lol
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6671|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
i would vbe interested about an Australian bf2s server "cos i live in Aus
Lucractius
+5|6612
anyone else on teh forumzzz that lives down under ! ? wants to get in on the BF2S server fun? not realy much point asking for one unless a fair few people are interested
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
it should be located in west aus, that way most of the asian guys here will get ok ping.
Lucractius
+5|6612
couldnt agree more specialy as a west aus local myself
i live on east coast but i can play on WA servers becuase ping isnt a problem

it should start off as a 32 player server
maybe 4 rounds per map
karkand, sharqui, wake, maybe some more

Last edited by li_a_m (2006-04-10 14:44:20)

Lucractius
+5|6612
not a bad rotation, long as an admins round to occasionaly throw a different map in to keep things interesting, with a 4 rounds per map setup some would get impatient with each dragging out so long

well i know 3 that would be into it, 4 with myself... but 6 people a ranked server does not make... so we need a bit more interest i think... few more people need to stick their heads up and say "hey id play on it"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

guys, I suggest you get a server first and then start thinking about the rotation and admins....

We have a Mod from the region, maybe he would want to lead the charge if you want to approach chuy about this.
Lucractius
+5|6612
yah you do have a good point

though it does look like theres a lot of aussies n others from the area have to see if the mod wants to help or if im gonna have to spearhead it on my own.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6836|A Small Isle in the Tropics

If I may suggest, start a poll first, just to get a feel of how many actually are keen to play on a BF2S server for Oceania. There is no shortage of servers in Oz and Nz, so I don't know for sure if it will get populated or fade into oblivion especially with BF2142 coming up in a matter of months..

Last edited by mikeshw (2006-04-11 02:50:31)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01
yeah make a poll to see the kind of response the server may get.
i would join in for sure though i'm not in aust, i play a lot on gamearena. pings between 90-150, so its ok by me.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6740

B.Schuss wrote:

guys, I suggest you get a server first and then start thinking about the rotation and admins....

We have a Mod from the region, maybe he would want to lead the charge if you want to approach chuy about this.
Yeah. id also be Glad to go on the bf2s server, and maybe even be an admin........
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6733|cairns australia
sounds like a good idea to me.will help in anyway i can
Lucractius
+5|6612
Link to the Poll on the subject
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=20699

if you are interested in getting an AU server ... head over and vote
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6719|The Netherlands

li_a_m wrote:

it should start off as a 32 player server
maybe 4 rounds per map
karkand, sharqui, wake, maybe some more
32 and 64 player servers all need 10 players for the game to start so if you got a choice, i d go for a 64 player server guys, thats is if chuy says its okay to go find a sponsor off course.

Anyways its cool to see there's several guys excited by the idea of an australian bf2s server.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-11 09:43:51)

Echo
WOoKie
Whats the status on this project, did it die a horrible death allready?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01
i'm afraid it might have.... not much support
noooooooooooo!
Echo
WOoKie
Allright, lets me test my 1337 topic reviving skillz. *takes out me magicforumpaddles -  clear!*

Did anyone take the time to ask chuy about it? Maybe heart attack can give you guys a hand with that? 

Next problem would be, how to find a sponsor. Maybe schuss can say something about that cause he found the sponsor for the european server. I guess any large company which rents gameserver in australia would love a small ad on the homepage of a high traffic website as this one.
THA
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra

General-Echo wrote:

Allright, lets me test my 1337 topic reviving skillz. *takes out me magicforumpaddles -  clear!*

Did anyone take the time to ask chuy about it? Maybe heart attack can give you guys a hand with that? 

Next problem would be, how to find a sponsor. Maybe schuss can say something about that cause he found the sponsor for the european server. I guess any large company which rents gameserver in australia would love a small ad on the homepage of a high traffic website as this one.
its back in the fight!

id be happy to help try to get this going.

there is alot of guys here, nz and in the closer asian countries to make it worthwhile i think.

but as i stated i think in west aus would be best but we might find it hard to get one there.

most guys like tthf and mikeshw can play on the east coast servers but other guys like polarbear have ping spikes with them, thats why west aus would be best for all.
Echo
WOoKie
Cool, right nuff time spent thinking about it.

Are you gonna ask chuy if its okay to find a sponsor to provide the aussies and the other guys from that region with with an australian 64 player ranked game server or am i?

If chuy says its okay, then we need names and email adresses of austalian companies who rent bf2 game servers and who would posibly like their name on the homepage of bf2s.com. Any idea's guys?

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-29 08:08:54)

THA
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra

General-Echo wrote:

Cool, right nuff time spent thinking about it.

Are you gonna ask chuy if its okay to find a sponsor to provide the aussies and the other guys from that reagion with with an australian 64 player ranked game server or am i?

If chuy says its okay, then we need names and email adresses of austalian companies who rent bf2 game servers and who would like their name on the homepage of bf2s.com. Any idea's guys?
ill pm him now.
Echo
WOoKie
Hey my magicforumpaddles actually work woohoo!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard