ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6805|Sheffield, UK
How long will it take you guys to update the UBAR section with the new requirements for ranks,medals,ribbons and badges ?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Well, I was thinking of letting it sit for a few months.

Seriously though, duh. How about once I get the new data. Perhaps that won't happen till the patch is actually out. Remember, none of this is Official data (hence the U in UBAR), so I have to snipe this info from other places and various sources.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6751|Alabama Coast, USA
It'd be nice if they did release it officially...  seems to me kind of silly and sadistic not to...  without resources like this (thanks guys), you'd keep trying and trying for some medal, thinking you're not getting it because of a bug, or because of some obscure requirement, pulling your hair out trying to figure it out because they have some severe hour-played requirements to meet first (1,500 hours for expert aircraft...  that's more than 4h a day in a jet on BF2 every day for a year).
pinky_81
+1|6760|Denmark
Perhaps they don't want you to collect medals, but earn them "on the fly" as bonus for good play... not just for the trophy??
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria

pinky_81 wrote:

Perhaps they don't want you to collect medals, but earn them "on the fly" as bonus for good play... not just for the trophy??
that's the best way to earn stuff!
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

It'd be nice if they did release it officially...  seems to me kind of silly and sadistic not to...  without resources like this (thanks guys), you'd keep trying and trying for some medal, thinking you're not getting it because of a bug, or because of some obscure requirement, pulling your hair out trying to figure it out because they have some severe hour-played requirements to meet first (1,500 hours for expert aircraft...  that's more than 4h a day in a jet on BF2 every day for a year).
Or you wouldn't even know they existed so it wouldn't really matter ;P
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

I imagine that, yes, the intent was to keep the medal reqs a secret and just have them pop up once in a while and people go, "oh hey, neat. I guess there is something cool for spending my entire life in a jet...yay, I can die happy now"
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6805|Sheffield, UK
Well how is it you found out the requirements for before the patch? You must know of someway using the files or what not to find it out now.

Unless someone from EA or DICE told you them. Which I doubt.
Bloody Sky
+2|6815|Texas
I don't know if you want this or not, guys. But This is what info I got on the new ranking system. Seems pretty legit, to me.
Private - Start to 100 GP
Private First Class -100GP - 250GP
Lance Corporal - 250GP - 500GP
Sergeant - 500GP - 3,500GP
Staff Sergeant - 3,500GP - 10,000GP
Gunnery Sergeant - 10,000GP - 15,000GP
Master Sergeant - 15,000GP - 25,000GP
First Sergeant - 25,000GP & Basic Knife, Pistol, Assault, Anti-tank, Sniper, Spec Ops, Support, Engineer, Medic Badges
Master Gunnery Sergreant - ??? (They still say 25,000GP) Have to check more into this.
Sergreant Major - 25,000GP - 50,000GP
Sergeant Major of the Crops. - 50,000GP - 75,000GP & All Basic Bagdes. Only awarded to one person per month.

Ummm I don't know weather or not to believe the last few. It seems like they just started pulling numbers out their ass after about the First Sergeant rank.
Did they change the requiremtns to get awards too? I'm still busy trying to DL the patch. I just got home.
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
Cant be right. I have about 16700 points and I am Gunnery Sergeant.
Faith +1
+1|6784|Arizona
lol so instead of being stuck at LC - youll be stuck at Ssgt for what seems for many to be an eternity... then we will have a lot of Gunnery and Master Sergeants....

Whatever. 

I should have tried harder to get my Corporal rank last night.  I guess I could still if I dont update my patch so my stats say the right thing - take a SS and keep a good memory of it haha.
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6750|Hamburg

Bloody Sky wrote:

I don't know if you want this or not, guys. But This is what info I got on the new ranking system. Seems pretty legit, to me.
Private - Start to 100 GP
Private First Class -100GP - 250GP
Lance Corporal - 250GP - 500GP
Sergeant - 500GP - 3,500GP
Staff Sergeant - 3,500GP - 10,000GP
Gunnery Sergeant - 10,000GP - 20,000GP 
  <--- Thats alomst for sure....compared a lot of stats the last 2h
Master Sergeant - 20,000GP - ???GP
          <--- see above
First Sergeant - 20,000GP & Basic Knife, Pistol, Assault, Anti-tank, Sniper, Spec Ops, Support, Engineer, Medic Badges

Last edited by Slowpinger-GER- (2005-10-04 13:50:31)

$had0w
+0|6750
is it jsut me, or was there no Corporal rank in that list in red?
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6805|Sheffield, UK
It does look as if master sergeant is 20000.
Ravlen
+0|6750
Here's my roommate's stats, as well as my stats:

Player Name TipsyMcSwaggart
Player ID 44662417
Current Rank Sergeant
Next Rank Staff Sergeant
Global Score 4777

Player Name Ravlen
Player ID 11910565
Current Rank Staff Sergeant
Next Rank Gunnery Sergeant
Global Score 5711

Odds are Staff Sergeant is ~5000-5500+

Ravlen

Last edited by Ravlen (2005-10-04 14:17:48)

Bloody Sky
+2|6815|Texas

$had0w wrote:

is it jsut me, or was there no Corporal rank in that list in red?
Whoops. Looks to me like you are right. Must of missed up somewhere.
Eh, oh well. You get the general idea. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually update the UBAR with that stuff anyways.
We will all find out soon enough anyways..... I hope.
General Zod
+0|6763|Behind my rifle
I had around 35,300, and I went from Sergeant, to SSgt, to GySgt, and finally Master Sergeant. I thought I would have gotten First Sergeant instead.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6784|englewood FL.
can someone change bloody's letters to like a pastel please...my eyes water trying to read that
lowyaukee
+2|6805

US|dirtysouth wrote:

can someone change bloody's letters to like a pastel please...my eyes water trying to read that
Just highlight the red lines.  You will find the difference.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Updated...
lowyaukee
+2|6805

chuyskywalker wrote:

Updated...
WOW.... you are crazy..... and are a genius!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Second time around was much easier than the first.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6784|englewood FL.

lowyaukee wrote:

US|dirtysouth wrote:

Just highlight the red lines.  You will find the difference.
ahhhhhh..thank u sir!!
^ISK^Chainsaw
+0|6814
Sweet man thanks!
jnick
+22|6752
Is it me, or did they lower everything BUT the medals? Which in all honesty, is what REALLY needed to be lowered. I mean 4500 hours of play time . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard