RoyWereForUniMare
+0|6751|Holland/Netherlands
I've heard (only heard, nothing more) that with the M95 Sniper Rifle (the unlockable one) that you can shoot through windshields (stated in this link: http://ubar.bf2s.com/unlocks.php ), but I've also heard that with the M95 you could also damage tanks or tankdrivers (the source wasn't clearly enough to know) by hitting a surtain spot on tanks and since I don't see windshields I was wondering if it was true, also I've tried it myself several times on none moving manned tanks (on different tanks and multiple places of the tanks)  but without result.

So is this just false information or am I just a horrible hitter???

((Oh and is this topic also the correct place to post tips that you'd think would be usefull or is there a other topic for that I haven't found yet?))
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i don't believe that the m95 can shoot through or damage tanks enough to matter, but any winshield is breakable. and yes, this is in the right subforum for the content of the post since it's a bf2 question.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

blue is right. (windshields don't actually break, but that's not the point.)

AFAIK, I've never seen my M95 scratch a tank, not that I haven't tired out of frustration
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808
You should be able to kill the drivers in a BMP though.  The Isrealis do that with the M82A1 made by the same company as the M95.

As far as killing drivers or commanders in a tank, they look at the world through prisms so a bullet at best would blind them by knocking out the view ports.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

But to knock out the driver in tanks/apcs you don't HAVE to punch through the metal, you hit him through the slot?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
LOL well ive never tried but i find it hard to believe.
In apcs you can shoot the passangers in the back tho threw the windows, but not the driver.
Tanks you can only shoot the gunner in the top.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

of course you can hit the gunner on top =P that's the first thing i aim for in a tank v tank fight. 1 free kill immed haha. So no hitting drivers in armored vehicles @ all?
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
sounds like a test for mort's movie? 
Dnamaster
+0|6781|Canada
in tanks and APC, and a lot of other armored vehicles (but not all) the driver doesn’t have a 'view port' they look through a series of mirrors, so to actually hurt the driver, you would have to shoot through the amour.

Last edited by Dnamaster (2005-10-04 17:17:28)

Double-0-Kills
+1|6813
I've taken helos from full health to smoking  with shots to helo engins with my M95, I also have done MANY kills through glass - guys trying to run me over are the best   they think they've got me, then they're gone   Never put a bullet through armor - but I did put a cobra from smoking to exploding with my M95 once, was kinda shocked.
RoyWereForUniMare
+0|6751|Holland/Netherlands
Ahhh well, thank you all for replying and my own appology for not been able to reply inmediatly and for having flaws in my English.
And I will keep trying to see if I can find weak spots in tank with a M95, but I doubt now that it will have effect.
Darn it for being stubborn as hell lol!

edit: And what I meant on my first post about if this is the correct topic to post, I was talking about that if I have tips for others, should I post them here in the Help! aswell?.

Last edited by RoyWereForUniMare (2005-10-05 18:36:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard