R0lyP0ly
+161|6654|USA

senor_fulff wrote:

M95 is powerful but is inaccurate and noisy.
Noisy? Last time i checked, ALL of the rifles were noisy. M95 is accurate, just not so much as t3h others. T88 / SVD can kill you with one shot to the head as well. They are good for t3h most l337 sn1p3rs - aka one shot kill, but they got 9 more rounds to deal with, plus the clips

EDIT : B4 the flaming, i didnt say i was one of the l337 snipers

Last edited by R0lyP0ly (2006-04-10 20:34:59)

mbolton2005
+0|6721|Wherever I may roam
Looks like some good info, Nyte.  Thanks for taking the time to post it...  I can personally use any advice I can get on being a sniper.
Defensor Ursa
+1|6780

Nyte wrote:

This is a sniper guide.

Common rules that are WRONG:

RULE 1: Always use M24/L96A1. Don't use M95/SVD/Type88
This is the dumbest rule-of-thumb I ever heard.  The M95 has the capability to bring ANY classes health down to TWO bars, switch to the uber accurate pistol and pop him off.
Uber pistol??? I'm killing people with a sniper rifle from 280m+, I've yet to see a pistol that accurate!

Work on your K/D ratio as a sniper. At  1.78, I'm not impressed.

Compared to [GDC]SinnFein  who has 2.30!!!

Last edited by Defensor Ursa (2006-04-14 10:34:18)

CackNBallz
+45|6744|Toronto, Canada
He's an aggressive sniper and not a pussy camper, so shut it.
Torin
+52|6693
It's always amazing how full of himself Nyte is.

I guess when you're not remotely good at anything but 1 thing, you have to pump yourself up about something.

Nyte, any half-ass sniper knows what you know, you're not the bible of sniping. Thanks for the lecture on applying common sense though.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6647
lol nyte your my hero. although i wud kik ur ass ina  sniper battle
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
You guys need to stop flaming Nyte.
He probably had a lot of trial and error in the beginning of his playing of BF2. K/D ratio counts from when you just started to play. Anyone can create new account and have good stats.
Nyte is one of the good snipers out there and I respect good snipers since it is so hard to gain points since BF2 comunity hates snipers.
Anyhow, I do belive some of his comments are a little cocky but I agree with most tactics that he has listed.
see-pie
+1|6677|Denmark

The Buzz wrote:

Guide is not very good but Nyte thinks he is good... lmfao
lol...and that comes from the guy who has 450hours as sniper but doesnt have expert sniper lMao...
see-pie
+1|6677|Denmark

pure_beef_69 wrote:

lol nyte your my hero. although i wud kik ur ass ina  sniper battle
wow im amazed by your sniper skills......Not.......through all the sniper guide posts ive read...ive Never ever seen one made by u...so before u flame ppl trying to help...why dont u try and make ur own guide to help the 'noobs' instead of feeding ur ego making it even bigger....o wait..u did make a sniper guide...the one wer ppl dissed u to the max...let me quote...

dshak wrote:

with regards to #8 on your list... you're joking right???

Nobody with less than 1.00 K/D ratio with a sniper rifle should ever... ever... ever say anything like that. You're quite bad at it, so ease up on the bravado.

you have 43% accuract and a K/D of 0.8 with a sniper rifle, why don't you leave the "guide writing" to someone who is qualified.
theres more....but cant be bothered to quote them all...

But theres is ONE more quote i have to quote...actually told by you...and pretty funny and which everyone laughed at...

pure_beef_69 wrote:

im better sniper than every1, i beat off all competition you just cant see it
Rest my case...
dont_be_ss
+312|6595|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
nyte might have alot of kills but his k/d sucks!
a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands
not reading more then half of the first page......

LMAO!!! siruesly, do you think you are god????? each sniper has his good points, if you dont master all snipers(like me) you are not the sniper you claim to be.   and 1.58/1 ratio with sniper rifle....

This means you pop someones head, get owned, do it again, and between that time make a claymore kill???? dude, you play more then 260 hours as sniper and have that and make a guide on how to snipe??? i know how trust worthy this info is, you just want to hear how good you are dont you (i always do, i reconise it).

And cant you snipe headshots???? you dont need the pistol then, in olmost any level its to easy to headshot cause people wont move while shooting at you (the way you sayd you play you go and attack be in front lines so they will shoot). i hope ill play against you sometime, but ill problebly forget your name before that happens........ (and some might wonder if i think im so good, no im not, but thats not the point)

And the wait 1 secs rule is indeed to long, but i personely wait for the tag to show, then i know who ill shoot, and to make sure its a headshot.

and im no hopeless to writing in this topic pretending to be a good sniper
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6753|Toronto, ON
I've hit more side-moving targets/chopper pilots/vehicle drivers than you people can count.
Alpha as fuck.
SL600-M3RC
+0|6588
Some interesting points of view, and a couple of appropiate guides and corrections.......but seriously it IS a game not the 'field'. If you are intending to tag the enemy, be the enemy but think.........outwit, outdare ....OUTLAST!!!!!!
YEP its time to tag'n'bag.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6650|South Korea.
Dear Nyte, I followed your guide and in some cases it works, however when I snipe someone  in a chopper, and another ones gets in, and I kill him, they get the picture and then start turning there chopper 180o to avoid me, what should I do? Its hell when they accend, turn round and randomly shoot the tower in Ghost Town. And wtf can I do against the damn linebackers that splash damage whore?
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6739|Pakistan/England

Defensor Ursa wrote:

Nyte wrote:

This is a sniper guide.

This is the dumbest rule-of-thumb I ever heard.  The M95 has the capability to bring ANY classes health down to TWO bars, switch to the uber accurate pistol and pop him off.
Uber pistol??? I'm killing people with a sniper rifle from 280m+, I've yet to see a pistol that accurate!

a few weeks back i joined a N. american server from here in england to watch him snipe, and I saw him own a nearly full vodnik as it tried to run him over. incidents like that cant be good for the K/D ratio. his true ratio without this kinda agressive sniping, according to him, is around 4, which is quite believable.

Sinny's ratio is very good, but Books_DCDF has a 6+ k/d ratio with the sniper rifle!

Last edited by tahadar (2006-04-19 10:40:30)

tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6739|Pakistan/England

Citizen One wrote:

Dear Nyte, I followed your guide and in some cases it works, however when I snipe someone  in a chopper, and another ones gets in, and I kill him, they get the picture and then start turning there chopper 180o to avoid me, what should I do? Its hell when they accend, turn round and randomly shoot the tower in Ghost Town. And wtf can I do against the damn linebackers that splash damage whore?
lol stop whoring that tower! if the linebackers know you're there, then its about time you sniped from elsewhere!
Doctuh
+6|6647
I disagree with almost everything Nyte says about being a Sniper, but that is mostly play style, if you are into that play style then I guess it is a good guide. A front line sniper is just a ticket drain, (i.e. poor k:d ratio), might as well go medic and save some tickets when you take some. Snipers belong far back where their long distance accuracy / slow draw is an asset not a liability.

Not the hugest fan of one trick ponies in a game with so much diversity.  I sniped, got the expert and stopped. There is a lot more to do on the battlefield, if you get into a "I am just a sniper" rut you harm your team in the long run. The best sniper in the game still cant kill a tank
meowmix4jo
+5|6585
actually the M95 only does 95% damage in SF, in normal BF2 it does a little less but still much stronger than M24 or SVD, but i preffer the SVD over any rifles because it can be used for CQB or long range, i love running up to engies and emptying a clip in their direction from like 2 feet, then starfe in front of them so i dont even get hurt and finish em with a pistol lol, best sniping maps tho karkand,ghost,warlord, ive got over 60 kills on all with SVD/M95 but the ratio is much better with SVD like 60/10 with M95 i get like 60/27 because once i get seen i cant pump like 50 rounds in them and move :p...my fave spot tho is in warlord, go to the roof of the tower where everyone expects yhe snipers and put clays all over the stairs, and once your on the roof zipline to the roof to the north and sit under the sign or jump to the other roof and now you can cover 2 CPs, and everyone will be looking for you in the wrong spot , in karkand if your MEC and USMC has hotel spawn in the middle and get on the roof next to where the vodnik spawns and you wont get seen for a while snce pple thend to look on the roof or the roof behind the one your on, and you can see everyone comin from hotel and the spawn (forgot whats its called ), main rule tho stay from where pple expect you and instead look over those spots so when they come looking for you there looking away
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Nice guide with a few errors.

My dear Nyte, sorry to tell u this but there are several ways to play as sniper, u have a lot of good points written down but u think way to good about yourself, be a tad more modest - it will make u feel better bout yourself.

RULE 2: Finding a good hidingspot is sometimes very useful overlooking a popular flag with good protection, almost every map has such a location but you already know that right ?

RULE 3: Your shoot and hide tactic is crap - its just a waste of bullets and it gives your position to more than one , better to actually aim - take a breath - shoot, and nobody knows where the shoot came from.

To capture flags i totally agree with u, and protecting them with claymores - thats why u got claymores.

The rest of your post is actually pretty useful :-)

PS: Making a guide is not telling us how good u are but to contribute to the forum your experiences as a sniper and what works/dont work - what traps not to fall into and how to be mindful about your play.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany

Defensor Ursa wrote:

Nyte wrote:

This is a sniper guide.

The pistol is very,very accurate,maybe not on 280 meters but this "switching to pistol"-technique works really well.

Hmm,and I don't give a damn about K/D-ratios,hasn't got to do anything with respecting someone's opinion.

And just to make you happy,here are my sniper K/D-ratios:
Sniper Rifles 2.08
Sniper 2.34
The Buzz
Hired to kill... you... and you...and you
+8|6732|Québec, Canada

see-pie wrote:

The Buzz wrote:

Guide is not very good but Nyte thinks he is good... lmfao
lol...and that comes from the guy who has 450hours as sniper but doesnt have expert sniper lMao...
LOL you are so right I should do like most others and jump in a heli or tank to get that badge... I keep thinking I will get it with the rifle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard