whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6763|MA, USA
The flip side of my earlier post is that, for the Christians to try to prove the Bible with Science is kind of lame too.  There's a lot more science out there which is going to debunk the Bible, than there is science to support it.  Stick to the 'God is all powerful' argument.  It suits the topic better, and it's impossible to prove or disprove.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
but if they find noahs ark 15,000 feet up this summer its proven
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6763|MA, USA

JaMDuDe wrote:

That's like saying Pyramids prove there are Aliens.  Bloody Christians.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Now if they somehow trigger an old holy spell of dimensional expansion (for the benefit of the massive hordes of paired animals), I'll believe it's the ark...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6842

whittsend wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

That's like saying Pyramids prove there are Aliens.  Bloody Christians.
If it proves to be a " Barge like "  Structure

and it is proven it once held a shit load of animals

Thousands of years ago,

It will be time for some deep thought on the subject I will give you that.

I am not sure why but it kinda scares me.
I like things the way they are.
I am hoping we won't meet intellegent life from space in my life time.
I realize how this makes me look.
Please Realize it is just a deep gut feeling I have.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
whittsend theres a detailed book on how it got there and where its supposed to be and how big it is, now they have a picture of a boat the right size in the right place. Thats not like sayin the pyramids prove aliens AT ALL.
siciliano732
+202|6654|New York

JaMDuDe wrote:

its around 15,000 feet up...hows that a local flood?
LOL! so true....i highly doubt something of that "local" can put a boat of that magnitude 15,000+ feet up ontop of a mountain....that is a flood of supernatural proportions....

fyi...its in the Bible
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6763|MA, USA
People have said for years that the Egyptians didn't have the technology to build the pyramids.  Saying that an ark on Mt. Ararat PROVES the flood, and couldn't have been built on the side of a mountain for purposes of propaganda, or some other mundane answer, is EXACTLY like saying that Aliens must have helped build the pyramids because humans could not have.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6783

whittsend wrote:

People have said for years that the Egyptians didn't have the technology to build the pyramids.  Saying that an ark on Mt. Ararat PROVES the flood, and couldn't have been built on the side of a mountain for purposes of propaganda, or some other mundane answer, is EXACTLY like saying that Aliens must have helped build the pyramids because humans could not have.
But it has been proven through demonstration that ramps could enable Egyptians and their slaves to accomplish the task.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783
its half buried in snow and u need to be a proffesional climber to get where it is... i dont think someone would have built a 450 foot long boat entirely out of wood 15,000 feet up and not tell anyone where it is

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-04-07 13:00:55)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6763|MA, USA

JaMDuDe wrote:

its half buried in snow and u need to be a proffesional climber to get where it is... i dont think someone would have built a 450 foot long boat entirely out of wood 15,000 feet up and not tell anyone where it is
"They didn't have the tools to make measurements that precisely.  The proportions are so precise, there is no way the ancient Egyptians could have built it!"

The presence of an ark there only proves that there is an ark there.

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

But it has been proven through demonstration that ramps could enable Egyptians and their slaves to accomplish the task.
And perhaps some day it will be proven that a bunch of drunken, self-flagellating Jesuits pulled the lumber up the mountain to "prove" that there was a flood.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-04-07 13:17:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

I think the funniest scenario would be if God created the world "old" just to confuse the shit out of scientists and their carbon-dating devices.
herrr_smity
+156|6633|space command ur anus

JaMDuDe wrote:

http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c007.html

Red blood cells and hemoglobin have been found in some (unfossilized!) dinosaur bone. But these could not last more than a few thousand years -- certainly not the 65 Ma since the last dinosaurs lived, according to evolutionists
stop using that piece of shit page, its not informative its just stupid. and i'm wondering what background has the authors.
JaMDuDe
+69|6783

"Also, the Genesis flood would have greatly upset the carbon balance."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

JaMDuDe wrote:

I am a Christian myself, but that link has some pretty moronic stuff...

If, for the sake of argument, God exists, who's to say that a being like that counts time by human standards? To God, a 'week' could have been as long as it usually takes to create a universe and get this planet ready for life.

Also, from this site:

"Clearly, such huge time periods cannot be fitted into the Bible without compromising what the Bible says about the goodness of God and the origin of sin, death and suffering -- the reason Jesus came into the world..."

What? That makes absolutely no sense.

Well, if you haven't guessed by now, I suppose I'm one of those Christians who refuses to shun things like Harry Potter as the devil's witchery...and having a level 66 necromancer on Diablo II doesn't hurt, either.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-07 13:44:20)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6783

whittsend wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

"They didn't have the tools to make measurements that precisely.  The proportions are so precise, there is no way the ancient Egyptians could have built it!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_calendar

So, were these civilizations too dumb to build/develop an accurate astronomical structure/calendar?  Astronomy played a much bigger role back then than today.  You don't need tools to measure when you can use the stars and math.  Did you ever use trig in your history classes?

Why are we 'dumber' than our ancestors?

A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria  Search for fire.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6783

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

If, for the sake of argument, God exists, who's to say that a being like that counts time by human standards? To God, a 'week' could have been as long as it usually takes to create a universe and get this planet ready for life.
So why would God rest on the 7 day and then say the sabbath will be the 7th day when it could actually be a couple of weeks according to your logic?  Again with your logic, did Jesus rise on the 3rd day or the 18th?  He's also God... does it take 4.59999 billion years to create the universe and get it ready for life because He's so omnipotent?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6706

So, when we 'evolved' how many humans evolved at the same time?  Did all the sudden 3 females and 3 males evolve?  Would be very coincidental for these humans to evolve from land animals into several humans at once and then turned around and populated the earth.
You act like one day a human just popped into existence where there used to be a bunch of monkies. Evolution is a very, very gradual process, and I don't actually know what happened because I wasn't there, but I imagine there were lots and lots of 'humans' that evolved at the same time. If there had been just two humans (or human precursors) then the same thing I mentioned would apply, the inbreeding and genetic similiarity would have been a problem. Go ask a biology professor to tell you about it. Oh wait, all professors are liberal atheists and will lie to you to further their God-hating agenda. I forgot...

Would a land bridge help?
Yes, it would. I guess every land body on Earth must have been interconnected just a few thousand years ago. Even all those little islands in the Pacific.

How about an Ice Age?  How about a warm period that would melt the ice to form what we now know as modern earth?
I believe the last Ice Age was a pretty long time ago. And I also believe the people that were around at the time probably weren't interested in writing parts of the bible down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
How many of these did we have?
This is asinine. The sequence of events you're trying to describe is ridiculous. So first the entire Earth floods, then ice forms and interconnects every body of land on Earth, stays there long enough for even slow moving land animals to migrate thousands and thousands of miles, then it all melts. Good thinking there.

Do you not think someone else would have thought of this already?  Say the sea's waters tripled due to a global flood... could freshwater fish survive in water that's a not as salty as the current sea and vice versa?  What would an Ice Age due to the amount of salt in the sea?  And take salmon for an example.  Salmon can survive in both salt water and fresh water.
People have thought of it already. In fact, www.Ilovegod.com... errrr, excuse me, www.answersingenesis.org has a page devoted to it. More 'hard scientific fact' for you to digest (I cant even type that with a straight face):
http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar … fish14.asp
and a somewhat more reasonable page: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH541.html

What would land ice do when melting and retreating back to colder climates?  Maybe bodies of fresh water?
Yes, ice melting could form inland water bodies. You seem to have missed the point completely however. If saltwater covered every land body on Earth, some of it would have been trapped inland when the water receded, and there doesnt seem to be any of it around. I guess every land body must have been dome shaped, so that every last bit of saltwater flowed back out to sea?

Jamesdude wrote:

the salt in the sea proves evolution wrong too... theres not enough of it for millions and millions of years to have gone by. same thing for sediment on the sea floor, it shows the earth to be only a few million years old and the flood could have brought down most of it
Disproves evolution?!?! Holy shit! I cant believe the entire scientific community has overlooked this for decades. Quick, you better go tell them, but make sure to wear a tin foil hat so they take you seriously!
herrr_smity
+156|6633|space command ur anus

JaMDuDe wrote:

and heres one for you http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ … tones.html
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

So why would God rest on the 7 day and then say the sabbath will be the 7th day when it could actually be a couple of weeks according to your logic?  Again with your logic, did Jesus rise on the 3rd day or the 18th?  He's also God... does it take 4.59999 billion years to create the universe and get it ready for life because He's so omnipotent?
Again, assuming God exists, our 'day of sabbath' could just be representative of a deity's phenomenally long vacation. Said deity would be intelligent enough to know the average lifespan and daily requirements of a human, and come to the conclusion that we'd need a truncated 'day of rest and worship,' as opposed to said deity's standards.

The act of creating a universe is omnipotent compared to our own scientific achievement. As for time, of what significance is the measurement of travel intervals made spinning ball of dirt (Earth) to a being that has supposedly existed indefinately?

To bring it down an astronomical notch, there are people who think techs just magically 'will' computers together, but I assure you that isn't the case.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-07 14:58:50)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS

Jamesdude wrote:

the salt in the sea proves evolution wrong too... theres not enough of it for millions and millions of years to have gone by. same thing for sediment on the sea floor, it shows the earth to be only a few million years old and the flood could have brought down most of it
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a problem that has been scrutinised, pondered and answered by science. Again, please do some research before making bold conclusions.

Here's the answer.

How it works is that saltwater is absorbed by the crust, filtered, and clean water blown out the vents.

More info

Last edited by Spark (2006-04-08 04:31:50)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6783

Skruples wrote:

So, when we 'evolved' how many humans evolved at the same time?  Did all the sudden 3 females and 3 males evolve?  Would be very coincidental for these humans to evolve from land animals into several humans at once and then turned around and populated the earth.
You act like one day a human just popped into existence where there used to be a bunch of monkies. Evolution is a very, very gradual process, and I don't actually know what happened because I wasn't there, but I imagine there were lots and lots of 'humans' that evolved at the same time. If there had been just two humans (or human precursors) then the same thing I mentioned would apply, the inbreeding and genetic similiarity would have been a problem. Go ask a biology professor to tell you about it. Oh wait, all professors are liberal atheists and will lie to you to further their God-hating agenda. I forgot...
I remember looking at skeletons of all the different species of humans that we evolved from... oh wait!  There aren't any...  But I guess those liberals forgot to tell you that.  But you again misrepresent what I said... most are liberals that don't believe in the Christian God.  But then again, the truth is not what you're after... you'd make a good professor.

Skruples wrote:

Would a land bridge help?
Yes, it would. I guess every land body on Earth must have been interconnected just a few thousand years ago. Even all those little islands in the Pacific.
How did darwin explain how species get to those little islands in the pacific?

Skruples wrote:

How about an Ice Age?  How about a warm period that would melt the ice to form what we now know as modern earth?
I believe the last Ice Age was a pretty long time ago. And I also believe the people that were around at the time probably weren't interested in writing parts of the bible down.
I guess if 350 years ago is a 'long time ago' then yes you are correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_ice_age

Skruples wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
How many of these did we have?
This is asinine. The sequence of events you're trying to describe is ridiculous. So first the entire Earth floods, then ice forms and interconnects every body of land on Earth, stays there long enough for even slow moving land animals to migrate thousands and thousands of miles, then it all melts. Good thinking there.
The science is there bud.

Skruples wrote:

Do you not think someone else would have thought of this already?  Say the sea's waters tripled due to a global flood... could freshwater fish survive in water that's a not as salty as the current sea and vice versa?  What would an Ice Age due to the amount of salt in the sea?  And take salmon for an example.  Salmon can survive in both salt water and fresh water.
People have thought of it already. In fact, www.Ilovegod.com... errrr, excuse me, www.answersingenesis.org has a page devoted to it. More 'hard scientific fact' for you to digest (I cant even type that with a straight face):
http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar … fish14.asp
and a somewhat more reasonable page: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH541.html
So, the position of those opposing your view is laughable but the site that you have found is reasonable?  And Christians are called hypocrites... ??  I'm amazed at the fact that you avoid facts on the opposite side and claim you're honest.

Skruples wrote:

What would land ice do when melting and retreating back to colder climates?  Maybe bodies of fresh water?
Yes, ice melting could form inland water bodies. You seem to have missed the point completely however. If saltwater covered every land body on Earth, some of it would have been trapped inland when the water receded, and there doesnt seem to be any of it around. I guess every land body must have been dome shaped, so that every last bit of saltwater flowed back out to sea?
For salt to remain it would have to be replenished.  Water flows to the lowest point.  Rivers (eventually) flow into the ocean... the lowest point.  Amazing how science works.
http://www.abc.net.au/learn/silentflood/faqs.htm
This talks about salt on land in Australia vs New Zealand.  Very interesting.

And one from Spark - http://www.oceansonline.com/salts.htm which would explain it even better.

Last edited by wannabe_tank_whore (2006-04-10 06:59:36)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6763|MA, USA

So, were these civilizations too dumb to build/develop an accurate astronomical structure/calendar?  Astronomy played a much bigger role back then than today.  You don't need tools to measure when you can use the stars and math.  Did you ever use trig in your history classes?
Not sure how this affects the topic.  We were talking about Engineering, not Astronomy.

Moot point anyway.  As I said, an Ark on the mountainside only proves that an Ark, somehow, ended up on the mountainside.  It is a leap of faith to go from that to a flood, or God.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

JaMDuDe wrote:

its around 15,000 feet up...hows that a local flood?
LMAO!!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

Marconius wrote:

I'd question the source of this story as well...Fox News?  Seriously...
Yes we all know the only place to get the REAL story is AL Jazerra ,huh??  Marconius lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard