aLeX
.?
+160|6331|:D

surgeon_bond reviving another one of fancy_pollux's threads.

I win at Karkand. This thread is pointless now.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6483|P-way, NJ
I've played Karkand a lot because thats what our clan has always ran. But, I do play karkand here and there but I'm starting to like ghost and warlord a lot better.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6695|UK

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

I've played Karkand a lot because thats what our clan has always ran. But, I do play karkand here and there but I'm starting to like ghost and warlord a lot better.
lol
G.I.Dude(CAN)
+3|6260|Vancouver, B.C.
Most people play infantry karkand and the reasons are: easy points, no vehicle whoring, and IMO most teamwork (depends on other players actually). But really, what other map has more teamwork than karkand IO?
The reason I play IO karkand is because of teamwork and it's the only way I don't CTD and have no lag.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274
Mods please dont close this. I know some people want to say something aswell.

I like kark for 2 reasons. Points, And easy knife/explosives/heal badges.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6570|United States
Karkand is by far my least favorite map. But, I enjoy playing this game with my clanmates, and the majority of the time they're playing on Karkand or some other urban map, so I have to suck it up.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...
i hate Karkand tbh.
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6220|Turkey
i love karkand for easy points
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
It's good for glitching into the square building.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US
whats karkland?
motherdear
+25|6651|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i got it as my favorite map just above wake island, but i only play it because i am in a clan and by some weird accident we always end up on a server not playing karkland and then we play 10 sec and it shiftes. it's like every second map on servers is karkland.
simmy.uk
+117|6438
The day when people will tire of karkand is the day when lord of weed retakes no.1 position.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6214
When i was starting out i only played karkand, and usually IO. It`s the easiest map to learn easy to get high points.
After getting in to the fun of using choppers, tanks etc. i`m seldom at a Karkand server and consequently shy away from IO servers.
BF2 is full of great maps. Kubra dam, Dalian plant, dragon valley, ghost town and road rage are my new favorites.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

simmy.uk wrote:

The day when people will tire of karkand is the day when lord of weed retakes no.1 position.
ya know, i wouldn't doubt that he'd do that
Burks
+2|6643
When I quit playing BF2, yes I was getting tired of it.

Now that I haven't played BF2 or Karkand for many months........I'm starting to get the Karkand itch again.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
ROFL! Very funny Pollux.
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6161
Its the hawt zone for medics! I love it.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6282|Pennsyltucky

I've been playing Karkand a lot recently.  So much so that it has become my most played map, although SAS remains my favorite theatre of operations according to my stats.

I started playing it more because I was going for Sgt Major and where better to go for point-whoring.  That and the fact that a LOT of the people I play with go there.  Add in the fact that it is probably our most popular server where I admin and there's another reason to hang there more often, to keep an eye on things.

I really like Warlord & Ghost Town and the last time I checked I had tons more hours played in SF than vanilla.  We recently added a 24/7 air map server with rotating maps and I'm going to try and play that more.

What strikes me is the 2 different "types" of Strike at Karkand on our IO server.  In the mornings when we get it started there are probably 6-8 of us on a 64 player map.  Fair amount of combat, lots of flag hopping and everyone usually ends up with a lot of points.  That usually lasts for 2 rounds totaling about 90 minutes. 

Then the server starts to fill.  That's when it turns into a grenade-fest and bloodbath.  Lately that's when I leave and try to get the Air Maps server populated.

DO I get tired of Karkand?  Yes.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
I play Karkand a heap because all the other maps are as slow as shit if you're not in a jet. Karkand is easy, as its within 3 sprinting distances to the flag, compared to FuShe Pass, where you need a helicopter and a ton of luck to get one flag. Plus, I think its a heap more fun (apart from spawncampers, arty, nades, claymores etc etc (that wasnt sarcastic, really))

So really, I play for fun, and majority of maps are not fun at all.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Evil_Apu
+40|6583|Denmark
Good for medics, good for support.. good for every class expect.. no one actually..

especialy at infantry mod.

and if the map changes, i gotta load the new map for like 4 minutes, and then there's like 200 tickets left of the round..
link52787
+29|6521
I got tired of Karkand a year ago.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6442|SoCal

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

never heard of karkland before
Pretty much.

Is it down the street from kirkland?
Freaking hilarious.  Everyone I f'n know says Karkland or Kirkland, as though they've never even read the word that appears each and every time they play.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Daily_Tasks
+5|6288|Las Vegas, Nevada
no
+3|6484|UK, wots up wiv my karma? O
Warlord Ftw
Madiz
is back
+26|6756
Actually i play this map cause its the only desert map, i know gulf is too but gulf is too big. I like desert maps thats why i play karkand this is the only reason.
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard