한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

+karma 4 life for you cit
Thanks, im glad you had fun with it!
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6637|The Netherlands
are here army`s madeable that are not in the game like ally`s or something(bf1942)
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.

niekjejeje wrote:

are here army`s madeable that are not in the game like ally`s or something(bf1942)
I have no idea what you just said im afraid. Btw I updated the tut, hopfully now it is a lil easier to understand.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

Trasnlation: Can you make armies that are not already in game I.e. Armies from BF1942.

Now that wasn't too hard was it?

Can you do like, USMC V USMC btw?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.

polarbearz wrote:

Trasnlation: Can you make armies that are not already in game I.e. Armies from BF1942.

Now that wasn't too hard was it?

Can you do like, USMC V USMC btw?
Yeah you can, but you have to work it out, I wont be here for a while.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6663|pimelteror.de

niekjejeje wrote:

is it akso pasible to make the netherlands as team? vs german?
ty
this would be so boring for the german team...even in singleplayer against bots, you dutch guys would be pwned by germans ;o)

i donĀ“t know if this question already came along, but is it possible, to get a mi28-havoc into karkand single player (instead of the tank)? and where can i find the names of the bots, so i can change them to for example "Frank Rijkaard"?

EDIT: found it in ...Battlefield2\mods\bf2\AI\botnames.ai

;o))

(no flames please...just kidding - i love the netherlands)

+1karma for the tutorial so far

Last edited by [pt] KEIOS (2006-05-19 04:26:34)

xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6686

Citizen One wrote:

I am trying to find a way around the vechiles problem too, but I dont think its posible, I found the folder where the vechiles are spawned, but I havent botherd editing it yet, I dont think its gona work.
Actually, its quite simple.

1. Just go to this directory:

#DRIVE#:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\#MOD NAME HERE#\Levels\#LEVEL NAME HERE#

2. Then go to the, "server.zip" file.

3. Go to the GameModes folder in the server.zip file.

4. Go to the Gamemode you want to edit.

5. Select which size map to edit.

6. Go into that mapsize's GamePlayObjects.con file.

7. Now, search for a vehicle you want to change. For example, I want to change a Vodnik into a Humvee. I would find:

Code:

JEP_VODNIK
and replace it with the Humvee's coding:

Code:

USJEP_HMMWV
This is the part in whole you would have to edit:

Code:

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CPNAME_SK_64_gatehouse_ME_US_HeavyJeep]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CPNAME_SK_64_gatehouse_ME_US_HeavyJeep
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CPNAME_SK_64_gatehouse_ME_US_HeavyJeep
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser dgo
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 [edit me]JEP_VODNIK[/edit me]
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 [edit me]USJEP_HMMWV[/edit me]
The ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 is what spawns if the MEC has control of the point it spawns at, and ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 is what spawns if the USMC has control of the point it spawns at. You shouldn't edit anything else except the lines that say EDIT ME.

8. Save the file and place it into the .zip file.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-05-20 14:04:06)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany
Did anybody already look into the new files and found the vehicle drop code?Shouldn't be to hard to modify the vehicles you can drop if it's somewhat similar to the spawn points.
Should be funny if you could drop MiG29s and Cobras instead of humvees,eh?
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany

So,I did have a look myself.
I haven't tested this yet,just checked the code in the init.con,but it seems there's something new to modify:
Vehicle Drops
I guess you can drop virtually every vehicle that's in the game.
Here's the code of Karkand's vehicle drop,feel free to have fun with it:

Code:

gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 1 "jep_vodnik"
gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 2 "usjep_hmmwv"
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

So,I did have a look myself.
I haven't tested this yet,just checked the code in the init.con,but it seems there's something new to modify:
Vehicle Drops
I guess you can drop virtually every vehicle that's in the game.
Here's the code of Karkand's vehicle drop,feel free to have fun with it:

Code:

gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 1 "jep_vodnik"
gameLogic.setTeamDropVehicle 2 "usjep_hmmwv"
Yeah lol, its obviously possible because on Iron Gator you can drop boats, interesting this, I might be able to air drop the new vechiles from AF into Vanilla.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany

Citizen One wrote:

....I might be able to air drop the new vechiles from AF into Vanilla.
Hmm,when you modified your Karkand level there weren't any vehicles in it which aren't in SF....but you also used EU-soldiers,so it should probably be possible to use every vehicle that's in the game(including the boosterpacks,so AF too),as long as you don't use a SF-map.

I guess you have done this a few times already,just quickly modify a map so that you can drop Leopard-tanks,they are only in EF.
If it works with EU vehicles,spawning or dropping,it should probably work with the AF content as well.

Can you imagine Karkand at night with little birds?Can you say Black Hawk Down(at the end,you know)?Would be damn cool,the only question is if the nightvision would work properly...
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
The nightvision problem is anoying me, I tried countless times with Sharqi by porting Nightvision files over, but I got nothing.
l41e
+677|6658

Citizen One wrote:

The nightvision problem is anoying me, I tried countless times with Sharqi by porting Nightvision files over, but I got nothing.
What sky.con file did you use? I don't know about this, but maybe they just didn't code nightvision into Karkand. Or if worst comes to worst you can use BF2 Nights...

Sorry I can't be of much help, I'm a relative newb in these things...
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6375/screen1016dv.png
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6686
ROFL!

I am beginning to think you have to drop a vehicle that is already existing on the map. Like, for example, I cannot drop an MiG-29 in Karkand, it CTD's. But Citizen One proved that you could drop a plane.

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-05-27 05:29:09)

Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
Yeah thats the major downside to it, you cant drop vechiles that don't already exist somewhere on the map, so you can forget air dropping any European Or Armored Fury vechiles, shame. Mind you it is hilarious dropping tanks and team killing like 17 bots at once.
https://f5.putfile.com/5/14613554556-thumb.png
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6717|NL
Go girl, go girl, go hacker-girl!

That, ...that actually turns me on.

Jeez, I better turn the PC out now.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
Well I figured out how to get vechiles from other levels onto levels which aren't supposed to host them, that was fairly hard, but as for the euro vechiles, I have had no luck what so ever, I spent the last 8 hours ripping apart a level folder, putting stuff in it, taking it out etc etc, I did everything in my power, and two occasions came so close to figuring it out, but it just wouldn't work, and yes I tried absolutely everything and anything. So I am afraid no Armored Fury vechiles in Vanilla, also I am not even going to try this with the Special Forces vechiles, my head is ready to explode. Anyway I will post a walkthrough later, but now bed.
https://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1856/screen1297gm.png
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
Wait, what are they doing here?
https://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8770/screen1869fa.png
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany
Damn,that girl is quick....

I just had a look into the files myself.How did you manage to do this?

My idea is just to add vehicle-spawnpoints into the gameplayobjects.con,once they are in there I think it has to be possible to drop those vehicles as well...and if this doesn't work I'll just download a custom map like the Black Hawk Down Karkand map with Cobras on it and just have a look how they added new vehicles..

So,how did you do it?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.
It was really complicated, i had too add names to the static object files, make custom object folders for the Dalian Server and Client zips, then the obvious control point editing, which most know about, then adding the custom effects and vechiles into the init.con. As for the text strings, I kept going back to Operation Smoke Screen and stealing there static Object vechiles names etc etc. I am still not 100% with this method because I made the game crash a while ago while trying to put a Leopard Tank into Dalian, I was sure I did everything right, but I will have to look further into it for an accurate tutorial. The thing that boggles me most is that my friend who has AF, sent me the AF levels so I could steal the vechiles files, but too my amazement the AF levels did not have object folders in there Server and Client Zips, and apparently there not in the vehicle folder either, so Dice must have hidden them somewhere, meh, a small challenge I laugh in the face of and shall overcome shortly. Oh and also, I tried to port over the lightning sky from Operation Harvest into Dalian Plant, and it worked, then added the lightning file after, and loaded up Dalian again, saw the lightning strike once, then it crashed to desktop...bummer.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6723|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Citizen One wrote:

The thing that boggles me most is that my friend who has AF
how did he do that, is it out then?
NZWAR
+9|6606
good work people, must try some of these
Stealth Clobber
+0|6829
Citizen One, please help me. I dont know what went wrong.

Ok so I did everything you told me to. I messed around with Strike at Karkand, making it MEC vs France (the US with all White people and French as the language), and called it Strike at Karkand 2008. I zipped it all back up into the server.zip, and didnt touch the MD5 Hash, client.zip or Info folder. I copied the SAK2008 folder into my BF2 levels, to get a kick out of it, and I couldnt find it! I put in the Project Reality mod levels, and still couldnt find it! GAHHH! WTF is wrong with it?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6659|South Korea.

Stealth Clobber wrote:

Citizen One, please help me. I don't know what went wrong.

OK so I did everything you told me to. I messed around with Strike at Karkand, making it MEC vs France (the US with all White people and French as the language), and called it Strike at Karkand 2008. I zipped it all back up into the server.zip, and didn't touch the MD5 Hash, client.zip or Info folder. I copied the SAK2008 folder into my BF2 levels, to get a kick out of it, and I couldn't find it! I put in the Project Reality mod levels, and still couldn't find it! GAHHH! WTF is wrong with it?
You CAN NOT rename the level. It's that simple really, you have to keep the original level name. Why? Because there are about 1,000,000 text strings that say what the level is called. Do not change the level name.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard