mporlier
+42|6637|Montreal, Canada
Look what I picked up in a forum:

"When in-game bring up the console and type the following command.
"SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.1"
Of course the 0.1 means 100ms. So, press tab, look at your ping and replace the 0.1 with a more accurate figure eg. "0.04" (for a ping of 40ms). Remember when typing the command, don't include the quotes ("").

Now I've noticed that after I altered this to better match my ping about 99% of m95 bugginess and innaccuracy had dissapeared. No matter what distance 10m-300m it now appears to be fully accurate when laying prone, also it feels like I don't need to apply leading on targets."

I have to try this!

http://bf2tracker.com/thread.php?threadid=10250
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6713|Riva, MD
Doesn't this count as hacking?
Chowley
+1|6682|Ireland
It seems to me like its on par with changing your connection setting from dsl 256 to t1 or whatever. Like changing rates in CS or Quake/COD. I really dont see an issue with it. Ask Indian Scout or someone else from BF2RS if you have an issue i guess. Optimising your connection is not hacking no matter what they say though lets be a bit sane about it.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6749
Why cant people for ones play this game as it mend to be?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6650
Why wouldn't the game do it automatically?! 

I reckon by the way the setting is called GSDefaultLatencyCompensation that this doesn't affect anything in game, other than perhaps an initial value which would be different within a couple of ping updates anyway.  I can't even be bothered to test it as I get about 16 ms ping on most of my favourite servers and I'm not really playing as a sniper much at the moment.  These guys suggest setting it to 0.0 and seeing if you can no longer hit moving targets:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle … id=1690498

_j5689_: Even if it worked, I don't think tuning network latency compensation settings from within the console would count as hacking, per se.
mporlier

_j5689_ wrote:

What about someone turning off shadows. That is an in game setting quite close to cheating. The fact is those settings are for someone suffering from hardware issues.
graag
+7|6672
It's not hacking. The client variables (CVARS as in Q3 engine games) that could be misused are protected by Punkbuster anyway. If you set the value out of acceptable range you are warned first and then kicked from server.

And delta4bravo, not everyone uses the same hardware/internet connection. Would you be happy if BF2 was meant to play on Very-Ultra-Jiga-High graphic settings and a gigabit net connection?
irok100
+114|6646
tried this today on my all sniper account... and thanks a bundle...it is a noticable difference. + i agree, this can't be considered hacking... it simply allows things to look smother under scope... so u know where ur target it for sure... it seems to get rid of the glitchness of people's movement, and how can that be cheating???
Chowley
+1|6682|Ireland

mporlier wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

What about someone turning off shadows. That is an in game setting quite close to cheating. The fact is those settings are for someone suffering from hardware issues.
How is that in any way cheating? Its a choice you make, you want full immersion of high quality graphics or you want to be as competitive as you can and do without the immersion?  A choice you and everyone else can make, as it is provided to you. It is in no way anything like cheating. People stop accusing everything you dont like of being a cheat or exploit.
mporlier

Chowley wrote:

mporlier wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

How is that in any way cheating? Its a choice you make, you want full immersion of high quality graphics or you want to be as competitive as you can and do without the immersion?  A choice you and everyone else can make, as it is provided to you. It is in no way anything like cheating. People stop accusing everything you dont like of being a cheat or exploit.
I am sorry my post was missinterpreted. I do not consider this cheating. I for one turns shadows off. I actualy learned the hard way until someone explained to me I was ABSOLUTLY visible in that "shadowy place" lol
Chowley
+1|6682|Ireland
ok . Im one of the idiots who play with shadows on high along with everything else :p.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6790|South Cybertown, Texas
It's no cheat!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

I have discovered an even better way to improve my accuracy.. 203..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mporlier

Kmarion wrote:

???
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6757
1. So the only negative effect of this is your graphics get a little worse?

2. What number do we set it to, exactly?

Last edited by Talon (2006-04-04 13:59:47)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

It depends on your ping. If it's around 40, then set it to .04. If it's around 80, set it to .08. I think.
banndontv
+-1|6744
seems to have smoothed things out for me, i was getting some terrible jitters with this patch.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

I set mine to 0.11 for where I play at. It seems to have worked except you get periods of bad jitter, but whether that is a result of this or the patch as it has always been is unknown to me. At the very least, this did not hurt so you may as well try it.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6661
Does it stay for more than one round?
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6772|EUR
I dont get it, how can this effect your graphics and does it stay forever or it resets after you leave the server?

Last edited by MuseSeeker (2006-04-04 15:30:30)

MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6618|Japan

MuseSeeker wrote:

I dont get it, how can this effect your graphics and does it stay forever or it resets after you leave the server?
What he said
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

mporlier wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

???
I think he is on about the M203, basic US 'nade launcher.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
graag
+7|6672
Turning shadows off makes your graphics different, changing DefaultLatencyCompensation doesn't.
Schw3nk3r
+3|6625|Candy Land
do you mean whule your commanding or what?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

MuseSeeker wrote:

It doesn't change your graphics... it essentially changes the rate at which the server gives you info on where everybody is and what everyone is doing. If you are getting more info on the guy you're trying to kill with your sniper rifle, the less jittery he will be, but it also requires a higher bandwidth connection.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard