JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6812|Canada, Ont
I have to agree with the original poster of this as I have always known this about that game. People feel the need to 'feel' special. Special Ops...SpecOps...get it?. Its a kit that is good in almost all situations. And its over used, you go into any server and for both teams, 60% of the server spawns Spec Ops. Your not safe anywhere you park your tank as you know that the odds are against you that your going to be bum rushed by C4. I think Spec Ops should only get 3 C4 instead of 5. Every kit has its ups, and alot have their downs. But the majority of people play as Medic and Spec Ops. As all of my kills for kits are around 4000 - 5000 because I play them all, I look at my Global Ranking for all of them and Medic and Spec ops are the Lowest Ranked MEANING, that more people have played them and spent alot of time playing them, 150+ Hours in just one kit.

Anti-Tank vs. Players is very annoying. If they find out where you are and have the Anti-Tank Rocket out, you can't challange them as the Missle will be on you before you can kill them, or if you do kill them its to late to get out of the way of the oncomming missle. 1 Anti-Tank Rocket does not kill a Transport in 1 hit, it does on FAV's and DPV's but it only just puts other Transports on Fire UNLESS they are damaged a little. It should take 95% of its life away. 3 Missles kills a Tank (Unless the x2 Damage Bug Occures). If they made the Speed that the Rocket travels through the air a bit slower and perhaps made its range not as insane it would be more fair.

Example... You all know Dalian Plant right? ...well someone of you dont because some of you noobs only play Karkand, BUT. From the Island with the Artillery on it near the USMC Carrier, I can take shots on the Essex with the Anti-Tank Rocket from there and get Easy Kills. It takes 7 Seconds for the Missle to get there...and thats Almost if not more then 150m - 200m away.

Werd, The Cat Knows To Much.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6794
Spec Ops: the real Anti-tank class.

When I want to fend of APC's and Mobile AA, I pick up Anti-Tank.

When I want to use the best shotgun in the game, I pick up Anti-Tank.

When I want to blow up a tank that has been killing me and/or my team?

Fk this Sht I pick up Spec Ops.

G36C - most accurate gun in vanilla after the second shot. I have countersniped with it *many* times. I have sniped with it. Shots on the hotel flag from the top of the hotel building in Oman, and longer shots too.

The Eryx/SMAW should work like it does in real life. It flies over the tank, and detonates down into the top. 2 shot kill. Then, perhaps when the tank takes an AT rocket, it will do more than just go "oh, shucks".

Because when I am in a tank, and i take a rocket, i stop, turn, and go kill the twit. works 80% of the time, and when it doesnt, its because there are 2-3 of them, or there is another tank, or heli, or jet.

Name one other class that takes two people to be able to accomplish its primary goal? Looking at it that way, AT class is 1/2 a class.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6702|H3ITWP

PRiMACORD wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Only 2 shots to the front treads?or the back??bullshit.
every time i go to kill a tank it takes more than 5 shots no matter where it is.
the amount of shots needed to kill a tank should be changed. You think its easy to calculate where the weak spots in the tank when its hunting you down knowing your hiding nearby?bullshit.
Man you really don't know what you're doing if it takes you more then 5 shots to kill a tank.
i do know what im doing.i just decided not to play as an AT after i would waste entire rounds trying to kill tanks. i dont calculate all this 'sweet spot' crap in a game i just try to kill stuff.
Dragon X
+0|6639
First of all dont ever say spec ops is better the anti tank ur jus not skilled in anti tank to know how to use it. besides killing ppl from far range wit anti tank missile is easy u jus guide it by keepign zoomed and holding on to the fire button. as well if u go to http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/ they show u exactly the best spots to hit a tank, apc and even a helo. once u master anti tank u can hit anything from any range no matter how its moving. i take out helos all the time wit 2 AT shots sometimes one. tanks if u know where to hit them u can take them out in 2 shots or 1 (depending on damage for 1). if u hit a tank right in the front part of the tread it takes away 3/4 of its health. as well if u hit right under the barrel its an instant kill using a tank or a AT. besides only skilled spec ops players can take down an apc or tank. but u have to predict where there going and where there not going to look.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6816|Golden, CO
The only reason I don't like using SpecOps to take out tanks is that it requres you to get right up next to the tank.  If the enemy is smart and is following the tank with foot soldiers or APCs, getting up to the tank is very tough.  I like the ability to pop out from behind a building and hitting the tank in the tracks.  By the time the tank figures out that he's being shot at, I can relocate and nail him again and he'll never know where I got him from.
PRiMACORD
+190|6667|Home of the Escalade Herds

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

every time i go to kill a tank it takes more than 5 shots no matter where it is.
the amount of shots needed to kill a tank should be changed. You think its easy to calculate where the weak spots in the tank when its hunting you down knowing your hiding nearby?bullshit.
Man you really don't know what you're doing if it takes you more then 5 shots to kill a tank.
i do know what im doing.i just decided not to play as an AT after i would waste entire rounds trying to kill tanks. i dont calculate all this 'sweet spot' crap in a game i just try to kill stuff.
Well when i have to take out an annoying tank i switch to AT and usually can get them done with in 2 shots. If you don't want to put in the effort you should cry somewhere else.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6688

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

Whats so hard about FRONT TREAD and BACK OF TANK?
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6702|H3ITWP

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

ExquisiteDeth86 wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Whats so hard about FRONT TREAD and BACK OF TANK?
whats so hard?whats hard is most of the time you cant get a shot off at the sweet spots.
your right im not good with it but if ur coming out of an alleyway and the special spots arent facing you theres really no time manuver around to get there
somehow the tanks always know your there lol
Elaith
+0|6629
I humbly agree with all of your points Pyrocity.
Rumfuddle
+14|6760
The main issue with AT is that it has probably the steepest learning curves of all the kits.  When I first started playing I couldn't do AT without stepping on my own dick half the time.  My k/d ratio was something dismal like .30.  I gave up on the kit for the longest time until I burnt myself out on other kits.  With practice I got so much better, I'm up to like 1.20 after starting in a huge hole.  Sniping with SRAW is fine art.  Hell if I'm playing MEC or Spetsnaz I look forward to taking the default SMG because I've gotten so much better with it.   

When I'm armor whoring I have much greater fear of 2 AT guys than 2 spec ops.  2 in-sync AT can take down armor amazingly fast, and can do so at range, which the spec ops can't (at least now that they can't chuck c4).
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6802
I agree its bloody easy as Spec Ops. As an experiment, I tried tank busting with both on Smoke Screen.

Spec Ops - Ended up with about 30 points. That map is so open, yet has lots of little hills and things, so sticking a couple of C4 to a FAV is easy. You accelerate to full speed, head for a tank, jump out and detonate. Then you still have 3 C4 remaining, enough to kill another tank. Especially when defending, its very easy to jump onto the tank where it cant see/shoot you, drop two C4, jump, so the tank drives away form you, and detonate.

Anti-Tank - About 12 points. Even when shooting from behind/the side, the trail of the rocket instantly allows everyone to see where you are, even if the tank doesnt get you. Suddenly I find myself a target for snipers and spec ops. Close range shots dont do enough damage compared with the C4, and take too long to reload.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6822|Great Brown North
im pretty much always paired up with my friend who is nearly always AT, we can mangle armour in a very short time
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6831|Singapore

Ok my 2 cents.

I play AT a lot. And I realize its mostly common sense if you want to take down a tank. Not so much so choosing your spot, but knowing how to GTFO and pick a new spot to shoot from. You don't have the luxury of the time to aim for the front treads or shit (yes you CAN hit his ass if he's going away from you) but 90% of the time I just release my missile into him and the main thing in my head is getting the hell out of there.

IMHO Assault is the more useless class.

Nothing else to add but a silly smoke grenade or flashbang.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard