POLSKA9000
+0|6752
Hi, i have a question about the commander badge.  I've been trying extremely hard to get the commander badge.  havent been getting tks, dropping a load of supplies by friendly troops uavs non stop, and scans occasionally.  Top score before 2x was 36.  Can any of you give me tips on how to get more points?  Thanks.
maltese_pidgeon
Bleeder
+2|6807|Sunnyvale, CA
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=542

this should help

edit: i just noticed this was in the wrong subforum  "DO SOMETHING" --Spaceballs

Last edited by maltese_pidgeon (2005-10-02 20:41:07)

Mike233
+0|6766
i feel the same way i try so hard and just cant do it, plus i saw that post befor and it dosnt help too much, it just explains how to use all the commanders stuff, i would appreciat some tips aswell on how to get lots of commander points.
BrightAsh
+1|6787
Play a 64 player map with only 20 or 30 people in it... that should give you enough time to get the 40 points you need
CrimsonFury
+1|6749
IMO the best way to get a high commander score is to fight as well as command. I see many people get mad at me when I fight as commander because they think you can't do both at once, I disagree (although I think commanders shouldn't pilot aircraft)

I tend to fight on foot or in ground vehilces where my team needs help the most, and place UAV\supplies\artillery using the squad menu short cuts instead of the command map (most of the time). That way I can command and fight at the same time.

I got the command badge + command ribbon that way.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

CrimsonFury wrote:

IMO the best way to get a high commander score is to fight as well as command. I see many people get mad at me when I fight as commander because they think you can't do both at once, I disagree (although I think commanders shouldn't pilot aircraft)

I tend to fight on foot or in ground vehilces where my team needs help the most, and place UAV\supplies\artillery using the squad menu short cuts instead of the command map (most of the time). That way I can command and fight at the same time.

I got the command badge + command ribbon that way.
I --hate-- commanders who take the -only- tank on the map and think they can command and tank at the same time.  They always get their ass blown up along with the biggest asset the team has: the tank.  It annoys me to no end.

did I mention I hate it?
MattCicioni
+1|6799|Arizona
The best way is to play on a large map, like 64, with only like 15-20 people, the round will go on for a long time, and you should be able to get it.  It helps to have a guy in a vehicle and drop supplies for him all over the map.... That's what I did.
-Matt

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
Remember, when you go all commando, you don't get points for capturing flags, kill, in fact anything.  So you might as well just stay in yer main and give it your full attention.
PermaG
+1|6816
^^ so true.

I tried and tried forever to get it on a filled up EA official server with 32 players, no luck. Then I found some random 64 player server with like 18 people in it. Round lasted like 45 mins and I lost the round yet still ended with like 70 commander point before the round ended.
fizz85
+1|6760|Voice of reason
Same thing here... It was Sharqi Penninsula for me. Got Staff ribbon on that one too.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5417
i think some of the patches changed this since then
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6327|the Great British Queendom :)
Have a good team! As the players get you points, communicate with SL that what to communicate and 1 good thing that I find is type reasons to do things into the "Team" chat think it's "N" by default but as usual I don't know! For instance "All Players Under UAV" - "1 man going to ________" and so on. As much information to your team as possible
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6453|P-way, NJ

Swan wrote:

Well your pretty damn smart the topic is 3 years old...srsly
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
Jesus Christ, Swan.  Bad bird.  Baaaaaaaaaaaaad.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5969|Aberdeen, Scotland
Worthy revive, I say...

Also, Kyle...it's you're
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Swan wrote:

Well your pretty damn smart the topic is 3 years old...srsly
I'll bet 1000 caps he knew that