ViP.ShooTa
+6|6741
Hi,

I am one of the Generals within Global Assault.  Global Assault is a tournament that will be based off of the Battlefield 2 mod, Rising Conflicts (www.risingconflicts.com) and under the flag of My Internet Services (www.myinternetservices.com).  We have a partnership with the Rising Conflicts Development team (Salty Dog Productions) so we might have some beta tests coming up for our tournament members.  As the mod is not released yet, Global Assault uses vanilla Battlefield 2.

There are two armies who fight large-scale battles every Sunday on our 64-man server.  Each army is led by a General and his command staff.  Below the upper command staff are the different companies.  There are line-companies (the grunts, where all new recruits end up), Special Forces and Air Force (those are invite only and have try-outs).
At the end of each campaign the generals are replaced with new players, so there’s always a chance you will end up being the general at some point (if you are qualified to do so).

Communication between the companies and the upper command staff is done over TeamSpeak2. Each company has its own channel and the captain or acting CO of the company is in direct communication with the general and relays orders to the troops or relays any information he gets from his troops back to the general.

Global Assault is currently in Campaign 3 and still awaiting the release of Rising Conflicts. To suit the game to the sides we have created our own mod with custom skins and some name changes of the sides to reflect our battle theater. There are no code tweaks what so ever in the mod. In earlier campaigns we experimented with code tweaks for balance issues but in the end we found that it only complicates things more. Rather, we reverse the maps to create balance as we found the maps are the biggest balance issue in Battlefield 2. So each map is played 5 rounds and then the reverse version is loaded. After 5 rounds of the reversed version the regular map is loaded again and so on.

We hope you guys find our tournament interesting and will give it a try and sign up!
Our site: http://www.global-assault.com/
If you would like to contact me regarding questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Kind Regards,

[RTA]General.ShooTa of Global Assault.
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6741
bump
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6741
bumpagain
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

I hope your paying Chuy for your blatant advertising on his forums