Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN
Is it just me, or does the Blackhawk minigun do absolutely zero damage now? here's my speil:

So I'm playing on my Oman server and hop in a BH with one of my buddies. my pilot stops completely and hovers by rock fort because there's a sniper trying to cap it. I see the sniper point directly at him from less than 10m away and start raining bullets on him. He's not moving, just standing there happily capping our base. I continue firing at him until the gun overheats and not a single bullet seems to have bothered him, in fact I didn't even hit the hit marks on my redicule. He snipes my pilot out of his seat and we crash and burn.
I rinse and repeat this process a few more times. Same result.
What the fuck?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
It does damage but you gotta be aiming RIGHT at your target.... ya, they really nerfed it.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6816|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Yeah, you'd be better off going commander and landing a supply crate on his head as use the BH.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6629

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Yeah, you'd be better off going commander and landing a supply crate on his head as use the BH.
I have only done it like once both seem to be equal i agree
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
It would be more effective sitting in the passanger seat of the BH and throwing stones at him than use the minigun.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA
ANother example of EA going too far trying to adjust something...
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6731|Oregon
i think they should have left the BH alone but change the MEC/CHIN choppers to have miniguns as well...it is a game, not RL after all...
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA
or just make the guns in the MEC/Chinese choppers do more damage.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6753|Vienna- Austria
yeah was like WTF when treid it first. AA twice as powerful.. BH less than 50% armour as before and than even the guns of it are nerfed.. making the AA 300% usefull vs a BH as before.. hah.. i mean really u nearly get mowed down in seconds when flying one of these now
servo
+7|6650
I noticed it last night as well.   I put what HAD to be 1,000 bullets on a guy, from probably 50 yards away, and I saw ONE "X" that signified a hit.  Needless to say he was in an AA nest, and he shot us down quickly.
Helmet1
+0|6634|Utah
I swim or take my chances in the boats before i risk the blackhawk now.  I seem to live longer that way.  I have landed the black hawk, switched to gunner, and still missed a guy at probably 25 yards.  He throws a couple grenades, my chopper explodes.  Nice.

Last edited by Helmet1 (2006-04-06 23:27:39)

deject
Got His War On
+37|6783|Golden, CO
LOL, they really just took away the rediculous spash damage.  The minigun could kill people through walls that APCs couldn't shoot through.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6755

deject wrote:

LOL, they really just took away the rediculous spash damage.  The minigun could kill people through walls that APCs couldn't shoot through.
http://media.putfile.com/mini--gun
[SSG]Hjultomten
+1|6664|Örebro, Sweden

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

[url]http://media.putfile.com/mini--gun[/url]
Rofl!
Way to own everyone complaining it did too much damage, cause thats what its for... Doing REDICILOUS ammounts of damage

Bring back the old Miniguns
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6816|Orlando, FL - Age 43

[SSG]Hjultomten wrote:

Rofl!
Way to own everyone complaining it did too much damage, cause thats what its for... Doing REDICILOUS ammounts of damage

Exactly.

Good post Zenmaster
khmer
+86|6687|Central California
Did they mention the nerfing of the black hawk in the list of changes? I don't remember reading about it. Or did they just do it by accident?
Rizen_Ji
+41|6745|200m out and smiling at you.
i think they did it for balance. and they couldn't up the power on the PLA and MEC transports because, that very same gun is mounted on the FAV's, DPV's, and on top of the tanks. Meaning they would up the power on those guns too, making it so that you'd have a bunch of n00bs going around one manning transports and pwning entire bases. so they only had the option of nerfing the minigun, since the Blackhawk was the only vehicle to use that weapon....

so stfu, cry about how you can't go in a blackhawk and pwn everything in site. they did it for B A L A N C E.
Viper38
+118|6679

Darth_Fleder wrote:

[SSG]Hjultomten wrote:

Rofl!

Exactly.

Good post Zenmaster
AMEN - Awesome video by the way.  My life will never be complete until I have fired one of those
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6853|Bryan/College Station, TX
It's typical Dice thinking. Instead of trying to figure out a good balance for all they just nerf one thing and call it a day. Could have easily increased the damage of the MEC/PLA MGs slightly per bullet and then decrease the damag. per bullet for the BH. Everything else gets retained including splash damg. You just get less of it instead of NONE that it does currently. I've never seen a mini-gun so ineffective against infantry. While I still like the BH I have to agree that unless you are flying absolutely still and stationary the BH gunners really have trouble killing anything even if they are good.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
MightyMet
+2|6688|Tacoma, WA
Awesome video.  The amazing thing about that is those tracer rounds are only like every 12 rounds so imagine 12 rounds between each tracer.  That is just a monster gun and it is completely nerfed.  As you can see by the video the old splash damage wasn't really ridiculous.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6745|200m out and smiling at you.

Rizen_Ji wrote:

i think they did it for balance. and they couldn't up the power on the PLA and MEC transports because, that very same gun is mounted on the FAV's, DPV's, and on top of the tanks. Meaning they would up the power on those guns too, making it so that you'd have a bunch of n00bs going around one manning transports and pwning entire bases. so they only had the option of nerfing the minigun, since the Blackhawk was the only vehicle to use that weapon....

so stfu, cry about how you can't go in a blackhawk and pwn everything in site. they did it for B A L A N C E.
Think about what I said kilroy...
NickN
+1|6603
Awww.... poor stat whores are sad that they can't hop in a blackhawk and get 132856892136498213469732657813465789314659871645 kills....

K, go cry in the corner or something.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6853|Bryan/College Station, TX

Rizen_Ji wrote:

Rizen_Ji wrote:

Think about what I said kilroy...
I understand where you are coming from and I do believe they can still make an exception for the MGs on the helicopters. Due to their usage as flying platforms the ability to hit infantry accurately while in flight is much less than a stationary or slow moving FAV/Humvee,Vodnik etc.  Because of this highly inaccurate fire and also due to the rather large target that the Transport helicopters present I believe that upping the damg. on those specific MG will not unbalance the game but instead make transport choppers more used as the platforms they should be used for which is infantry transport and, and infantry ground fire support while taking areas. Other wise why even have the MGs on the heli? Honestly at this point you could remove them and they would be used in basically the same way.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Vic42
+2|6732|Sacramento, California
EA went too far improving the previously weak Support guns and backed that off a little in the next patch.

I hope they hear us about  the Blackhawk, because they clearly went too far nerfing it. It can easily be readjusted with makeing any other changes.

Can't we all provide opinion and feedback for EA without the name calling? If you disagree with someone's post, please be adult and respectful in your responses; then find their server and hunt them down and kill them. 

Last edited by Vic42 (2006-04-08 22:58:40)

deject
Got His War On
+37|6783|Golden, CO

deject wrote:

You do realize that isn't any effect of spash damage right?  The Minigun fires regular 7.62mm rounds, it just fires them at 3000 rounds per minute.  There is no splash damage from 7.62mm bullets.  The stuff flying off are ricochets.  It was pretty rediculous to be killed by regular 7.62 rounds that don't even hit you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard