Flanker
+3|6571
I've noticed that multiple accounts can use the same cd-key at the same time on different servers, but does anything happen when two accounts using the same cd-key join the same server?
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
I'm pretty sure there will be a "CD Key In Use" error if you go online.  If you play in a LAN that may be a different story.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
I was under the impression that a cd-key could only be used by one person at a time, regardless of whether the person tried to play on different servers or not.
Chaos81
+5|6659
You can't play on the same server, at the same time,with the same cd-key. You can however, play on different servers at the same time, with the same key.
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6619|Land of =KBK=
Ok.. what about this then.

5 names, different hash keys, same IP.

Is that possible to do?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Chaos81 wrote:

You can't play on the same server, at the same time,with the same cd-key. You can however, play on different servers at the same time, with the same key.
No.

Bahiti wrote:

Is that possible to do?
Yes.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Bahiti wrote:

Is that possible to do?
yes
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6515|Sverige (SWE)
You can play on same Internet up link if you are 2 or moor
pippin_death
Devon Dweller
+36|6558|Devon, England
LANS Work
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6619|Land of =KBK=
K thanks guys.  It just looked real suspicious as only one of them were actually in the game while the other four were in free camera.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6598|Warlord

Flanker wrote:

...does anything happen when two accounts using the same cd-key join the same server?
The second account can't connect, at least on some servers (no idea if it's a server-side option).

Bahiti wrote:

Is that possible to do?
Well I don't know if you'd have the exact same IP but my brother and I have played on the same server through the same hub at the same time.

We've also played with the mate who introduced me to BF2 so that was three people through one connection.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard