Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6794|The Hague, Holland
Since this is the section "Praise",
I would like to declare my love for the Crane in Sharqi Penisula (did I spelled that right?).
You can defend 3 flags up in there! Well..Not if there is any Armor ofcourse.
Ive gotten up to 35 kills up in there! And many "Flag Defends".
Notice the red barrels with the "Flamable" sticker on it?
I always wait till a enemy is close to the barrel, then one shot on the barrel and Boom goes the MEC Soldier .
Usually some players try hiding behind these barrels..I mean come on...
All of this just by one player up a crane

Therefor I say :

Crane, I <3 You..
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6820|Lake Constanze, Germany
Hehe, ok it's Sharqi Peninsula.....
Anyway, the crane is the first point, i check for u guys......
The barrels: i try a)to avoid em, b)use em like u do, or c)just blow em up.

Greetz,
Agent
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6808|Eastern PA
If you're perched on any crane, you're just a target for my PKM.

It's always good for a laugh to watch snipers hanging like a pinata by one leg on a ladder . . .
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6798

indeed... the crane is the most obvious place for snipers... and i -always- check it when ever im in range. always.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
Yeah I check for cranes/rooftops to. I do my best not to go to obvious places like that but still, thats a gold spot.
McCullough
+7|6850
One time  i was in squad with nothing but snipers and all where up in the crane. and we changed the squadleader so we always spawned at the top. We where a target to everyone at the map. But still we owned that round. Damn fun it was.
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6806|Oklahoma
I used to go on the crane occaionally, but i dont really give it a second look anymore.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6853|Missoula, MT
That's for sure...crane was really cool with the demo.  But now, it's where everyone looks first.  I think everyone realizes that "crane=you die soon!" 

I revise this.  Since I spent 3 rounds in a crane last night racking up many kills and a vet sniper badge, I think it may be a good place again.  People around just didn't seem to have a clue we (my squad) were up there.  They tried to get us, but only got a few.  It was a winning tactic for a change.  I like the crane yet again.

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-10-05 04:11:56)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6852|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i disagree. you see, i never used to use cranes, but then everyone stopped using them and so nobody payed attention to them anymore thus i've used them sporadically ever since. yippie, high places to jump off/ throw shit off of.
dshak
+4|6825
still the first place I look, always... I have almost 1400 or so sniper rifle kills, I bet 7-900 of them were other snipers sitting in cranes. And I'm not even good!

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-03 21:12:53)

Duskwolf
+0|6792
True sniper tactics suggest that high points (trees, cranes .. other.) are bad for hiding, due to Silohetting. (spelling is wrong i know.) it works in game too.. best place for a sniper to be is the last place you'll want to find him.. under your feet.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

Duskwolf wrote:

True sniper tactics suggest that high points (trees, cranes .. other.) are bad for hiding, due to Silohetting. (spelling is wrong i know.) it works in game too.. best place for a sniper to be is the last place you'll want to find him.. under your feet.
Absolutly true, I never saw a sniper on the ground. So thats a perfect spot eh ?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6858|Australia
I find that hiding in them little half tree looking things works well, ive had enemy all around me and i just lay there and they ended up running off
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6850|A Small Isle in the Tropics

CMDR_Dave wrote:

That's for sure...crane was really cool with the demo.  But now, it's where everyone looks first.  I think everyone realizes that "crane=you die soon!" 

I revise this.  Since I spent 3 rounds in a crane last night racking up many kills and a vet sniper badge, I think it may be a good place again.  People around just didn't seem to have a clue we (my squad) were up there.  They tried to get us, but only got a few.  It was a winning tactic for a change.  I like the crane yet again.
try not to use the same spots in the subsequent rounds, especially sniper-badge-hungry snipers like me will know where to look you up..

saw 5 players up on top of the central crane at Sharqi Penin one time. everyone including me, was lining up to take pot shots at them.. L85A1s, M95s, ERYX, and just about everything that fires a projectile..and i still couldnt get my badge dangit! i know..i suck
Gabriel
+0|6797

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

I find that hiding in them little half tree looking things works well, ive had enemy all around me and i just lay there and they ended up running off
this is a wonderful tactic. works very effectively. i too find it very gratifying when they run right by me.
Defensor Ursa
+1|6791

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Therefor I say :

Crane, I <3 You..
I believe you mean:

Crane, I > 3 You..
Miakei
+1|6835|Los Angeles, CA
It's a good spot, good vantage point, but it is also the most obvious *as many have said* I was playing once, and got tagged by a sniper on the crane a few times. I spawned as a sniper, and hit the dirt behind some tree cover...I racked up 31 sniper kills that round. It was great, they had a medic up there with them and everything...just free points! They were looking for me, but foliage is my friend.

Note: the medic got frustrated, and parachuted off the crane after about 13 minutes of this. There were 3 snipers up there as well...and whaddaya know, next round, crane was empty.

Honestly, read the sniper guide that they have on here....or is it Gamefaqs? Either way, it gives some good ground rules for being a sniper.

Last edited by Miakei (2005-10-05 17:34:23)

Duskwolf
+0|6792
Yea.. or you can take the approach i took.. which is definitely the hard way, and become a sniper
haha.

3 things to remember..
* Silhoetting gives you away, you wanna be low and hidden
* Snipers don't stay in the same spot all the time, they move to make sure no one figures out where the shots are coming from
* The less you are seen, the more shooting you do, and the less being shot that happens.

I think the sniper guide your talking about is Gamefaqs..
SilentAssassin03
+0|6793|California
I sniped plenty of guys on the crane. I bet I can out snipe anyone here.
Defensor Ursa
+1|6791

SilentAssassin03 wrote:

I sniped plenty of guys on the crane. I bet I can out snipe anyone here.
Not at 39% accuracy! Start hitting around 48%+ then start talking
dshak
+4|6825
I love those... bet I'm better that you... comments. I haven't checked in a while but I used to be right around 48% accuracy and I've STILL come across plenty of snipers who were way out of my league!

I do like it however when I pluck a guy once or twice so he decides in his head "I'll spawn as a sniper and get that SOB." Mind you these usually aren't people who play sniper a lot and so A) aren't that effective with the weapon, and B) usually go to high ground or try to stick their heads around a building. When I get them again I just know they have to be going crazy... tip to those guys...

If you really get it in your head you want to 'counter snipe' me don't spawn at the same location I just whacked you at, I'm fixed on it and there about a zero percent chance I won't see you run off and look for a hiding place to sit in while you search for me. I always, ALWAYS kill other snipers first because next to command artillery, they are the only legit threat to me most of the time.

I don't consider myself a GREAT sniper by any means, but I seem to whack a lot of other snipers I assume aren't real familiar with the role. Once I killed a guy with a name like "Bettersniperthanyou" or something like 5 times in one round. Thats was quite satisfying.

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-11 00:03:07)

JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6786|Dallas, Tx
Lol.....christ.  Why would anyone say they are better than everyone here?  It's not like we have World Championships or something that you could actually prove it.  More than likely, you will just have people write your name down and keep an eye out for you.  To prove you very, very, wrong.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6799|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
Silent, once again....I'll be your Huckleberry

..when/where.
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6754

Defensor Ursa wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Therefor I say :

Crane, I <3 You..
I believe you mean:

Crane, I > 3 You..
no, he means exactly that (i hope you're j/k)

Crane, I <3 You  (that's a heart, but im' hoping you're ... j/k)

I > 3 doesn't make sense
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6783|Atlanta, GA USA

Boomer1120 wrote:

Defensor Ursa wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Therefor I say :

Crane, I <3 You..
I believe you mean:

Crane, I > 3 You..
no, he means exactly that (i hope you're j/k)

Crane, I <3 You  (that's a heart, but im' hoping you're ... j/k)

I > 3 doesn't make sense
It's an equation.  I is greater than 3. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard