BudRell
+2|6838|Home
If the makers of BF2 would have bothered to check some basics they would have discovered that these light armoured vehicles do not resist machine gun fire. Not even rifle fire very long.
Why have they made those stronger than they really are ? Especially if you attack those with a chopper, the gun turret would normally be enough.
THEY ARE NOT TANKS ! THEY ARE MANUFACTURED FOR TRANSPORTATION PURPOSES ! THEY ARE NOT ATTACK TANKS !
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6708|NL
i agree with the point that they are too strong and are ment for transport, like buggys/jeeps.

but you did post this in the wrong section. this is the bf2s(ssssss!) section and not the bf2 section.

peace!
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6752
balance. they did so for balance purposes.

the US equiv (ingame) to the BTR is the LAV-3 "Stryker" which is an advanced ideal of the IFV. It is designed to protect against (sustained) 12.5mm/.50cal fire. Admitted, a single shot from a bradley, or even a direct hit with a SMAW should devastate it, and anybody else inside, but as i said.

Game balance. would it really improve the game to nerf the shit out of APC's? I think they are fine how they are.

(I do think they should upgrade the SMAW tho, right now it is an annoyance for a MBT, unless there are like, 4 anti-tank kits running amok. )
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

(I do think they should upgrade the SMAW tho, right now it is an annoyance for a MBT, unless there are like, 4 anti-tank kits running amok. )
Yeah as soon as they nerf the AT kit so it just has the launcher. You can kill people with the rocket and on top of that you're given a choice of decent shortrange firepower. Overpowered imo.
iceman785
+93|6673|Alaska, mother fucker.
ummm, most choppers are covered in kevlar and have bullet proof metal under that guys.....
arnica
+18|6680|Sydney
I reckon we should be able to chuck nades into the gun ports on the sides of the APCs.
CackNBallz
+45|6743|Toronto, Canada
The reason the chopper's guns can destroy an APC is because the rounds are explosive.  Heck I even killed a few APCs in Shonghua Stalemate with the Blackhawk before they nerfed the miniguns. But it seemed to take about 30 seconds of sustained fire to destroy it.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

PRiMACORD wrote:

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

Yeah as soon as they nerf the AT kit so it just has the launcher. You can kill people with the rocket and on top of that you're given a choice of decent shortrange firepower. Overpowered imo.
bwahaha you try killing someone at medium range with the DAO, not gonna happen. in close range its a beast, past that its trash (now i have killed at medium range with it but its rare and uses the whole mag.)

oh and the AT kit can take out the tanks fairly quickly.... my buddy and i play AT alot and we can take one out pretty quick

Last edited by krazed (2006-04-07 18:01:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard