pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6639
Well we all started our online battles somewhere, my first online game was delta force 2 where i was
mantis(MGS). what was your first names and games?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

My first was Warcraft III, on my Mac. My first online FPS was BF1942.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6769|UK
DF:Land Warrior
DF:Black Hawk Down
Operation Flashpoint
Joint Operations (& shit expansion).

This is my first BF game and it r0x!
xaven
+25|6726|Berlin
Unreal Tournament 2004
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6613|the side hatch
online...i first played a hilarious little game called Xenimus...then counter-strike and everquest pretty soon after

although my first fps was team fortress, if anyone out there would like to play some team fortress classic let me know, i would love to...sentry guns ftw
apone
+3|6639|US west coast
Here they are in order I believe,
Tachyon
Red Faction
Ravenshield
Halo
Call of duty
BF2
megaboost
+14|6676|Englandshire
BF2 is my first one - used to play UT 2004 over a LAN years ago and various racing games in the same environment but it's taken me this long to finally have a decent 'net connection and a suitable PC at the same time.

That's why I suck
Jakethe8lf
+13|6633|Victoria, Australia
My first online game? Deus Ex. It still rocks, to this day.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6733|England
half-life counterstrike
Line of Sight Vietnam
Vietcong
BF1942 - DC
call of duty (+ SWAT Mod)
Battlefield Vietnam (+ POE mod)
BF2

always been wooly-back-jack
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6731|The Hague, Netherlands

Medal of Honor Allied Assault
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
TRODPINT
Banned
+2|6595|Afghanistan
Joint Ops
Ghosty
+3|6665|Leicester,UK
Red Alert 2 and CnC series. Then AVP2 then moved on to 1942 and the BF series so here i am at BF2.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6639

Jakethe8lf wrote:

My first online game? Deus Ex. It still rocks, to this day.
without a doubt
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6733|England
lol I remember trying Deus EX online, I think I could only find an Asian server... I remember it being really confusing.
I can remember opening a door and seeing someone pointing some rocket launcher in my face at point blank range so I just let rip with my flame thrower. guy was running around on fire and I was loling away until he collapsed to the ground and I realised it was a team-mate
Chao2
+8|6708|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Zero hour then moved into Cs and finally got to BF2 =0
E^9.Guarnere
+1|6682
first game- diablo 2and my name was MooCowLust but my first fps was the best ww2 fps of its time MOHAA name was Jackson
E|W4v0r
+8|6656|New York
CSS since I ahd AOL from 96- late last year
I started late
HeimdalX
+37|6643
FPS, in order:

Doom II
Quake I
Quake Fortress
Quake II
Half-Life
Quake III(Urban Terror, quake 3 fortress) Favorite game of all time.
Counter Strike
Day of Defeat
Half-Life 2
DoD:S
CS:S
BF2
Throw in some random Unreal, Unreal tournament, and UT2k4 in there somewhere.

Others:

CNC tiberian sun, renegade
Starcraft
Diablo II
Warcraft I and III
etc

Last edited by HeimdalX (2006-04-01 06:53:32)

1927(h)
Medal of Honour and then Joint Op's. I found that jump between those two games huge. However, I compare Joint Op's to BF2 and see that jump in quality to be bigger.

I've never committed this much money or time to a game before so I needn't ask myself if it's the best game I've ever played.

Strange seeing as all the faults it has.
Ratman12
+1|6663|TC Michigan
the original Counter Strike, for me. But mainly, the awesome Battletech sims Megamek and TotalTech. Spent way more time on those than all my BF2 accounts combined.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6644
First game I played on a network was Doom. (first one)

First game I played on the intarwebs was also Doom, played a port on the Amiga with a dialup modem. I believe it was either DoomAttack or ADoom, DoomAttack had a faster engine (it played with a higher fps on my 68030) but wasn't that stable. ADoom had all the cool features and was stable but didn't have as high a framerate as DoomAttack.

EDIT: The first one to say i'm old DIES.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-04-01 07:17:09)

XBurnerX
+5|6597|MS - US
Wow, some of you kids are just getting started.  I've been playing since Duke Nukem 3D way back when.  I really got heavy into online play when Tribes came out.  I got to 7th in the world, and then I got a life.  I would goof around on Wolfenstein ET and America's Army, but I never really played much after Tribes.  Hell, I only get to play BF2 a few hours a week.  Some of us have jobs you know!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6644

XBurnerX wrote:

Wow, some of you kids are just getting started.  I've been playing since Duke Nukem 3D way back when.  I really got heavy into online play when Tribes came out.  I got to 7th in the world, and then I got a life.  I would goof around on Wolfenstein ET and America's Army, but I never really played much after Tribes.  Hell, I only get to play BF2 a few hours a week.  Some of us have jobs you know!
Ha!

Call them kids?!

Duke Nukem 3D?!

HA! Ha, I say!

First computer I ever had was a C= 64. (not counting consoles, my first was an Atari something.. was so young I can't remember what it was.. played pong on it)
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6626|England
Doom
Unreal Tournament
Medal of Honor Allied Assualt
Red Faction
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre
Vietcong
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Return to Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Call of Duty
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6762|New York
My friend had DoD, and i stole it from him and installed it on my comp.  He figured out in a few days that i took it, so I went out to the store and looked for another cool FPS game, and i found CS.  I went from CS to 1942, to DC, and when I joined my clan last year, we moved over to BF2, but we still play DC as a clan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard