Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5164|Germany
Long time done.
-----

theDude5B wrote:

is there not a setting in TS that allows you to assign different buttons to chat with different channels?

So the commander could be in one channel but still able to talk to the other channel. Also everyone in one channel could if they wanted to, speak to the other channel by pressing a different button?
This quote is from the member section and was at first thought not possible, but it is.

So for commanders and squad leader that want to talk to other channel u can access this quite easily.
Quick guide:
1. You have to know that you which channels you will be switching forth and back to.
That means you always have to set one key for forth and one to get back.
2. Klick Settings -> Key Settings
3. Click Add and then select Switch to and selct the channel you want to switched to.
4. Remember with this given command you switched with a keyboard bind to the selected channel but still have to get back to the channel you came from.
5. You have now set up two bindings for switching to one channel and to get back.
You also have to set this option for switching to the other channel since those keybindings only make sense if you have more than one squad you want to give orders to.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|5177|Germany

Hm, and what about Voip? is it working constantly now?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5164|Germany

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Hm, and what about Voip? is it working constantly now?
I don't know since i never was interested in VOIP and still got no interst in it.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-08-10 09:34:52)

l41e
Member
+677|5097

IMO Teamspeak's better than the in-game VoIP, seeing as squad members can talk to the commander and other squads...
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|5293|Germany / Saxony
And as far as I know the VoIP is disabled when you are dead. So you can´t tell your squadmate:
"OMFG, there are three hax0res with PKM´s round the corner! Don´t go there!" (or something like that )
So VoIP sucks, I have disabled it complete in the options.
For me it requires also very different MIC-settings than TS, so that it mixes up my TS-Settings...
So: Teamspeak FTW!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Echo
WOoKie
+383|5169|The Netherlands

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Hm, and what about Voip? Is it working constantly now?
Voip is buggy and it rarely seem to work. We tried everything to get it to work. Teamspeak is much better anyways. You can talk to everyone, also guys on the other team. If you cant get on our server cause its full, we can make some room for you etc. You can set it to voice activation so you wont have to press a button to talk. Use a high setting for a voice activation level tho, otherwise we ll hear every little cough or how you re chewing your gum, when you talk on the phone to order a pizza etc.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,134|5187|The Hague, Netherlands

played one round which i can remember (not long ago, maybe one week) and VoIP worked great then

Last edited by ^*AlphA*^ (2006-08-10 09:47:06)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|5010|Southampton, UK

Same here, was on EU server. But then after one hour it just stopped?
Very scary indeed.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|5182|Oslo, Norway
One question, I have activated push to talk, is there a way to have two keys that let you talk. I want to put one on my joystick
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|4976|Belgium

is it just me, or is the TS channel down a lot lately? (like right now).
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|5199
i was on it earlier. maybe just you!
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5181|St. Andrews / Oslo

De_Jappe wrote:

is it just me, or is the TS channel down a lot lately? (like right now).
Yeah, it has happened a lot to me too
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5181|St. Andrews / Oslo

bmb|danCer wrote:

Long time done.
-----

theDude5B wrote:

is there not a setting in TS that allows you to assign different buttons to chat with different channels?

So the commander could be in one channel but still able to talk to the other channel. Also everyone in one channel could if they wanted to, speak to the other channel by pressing a different button?
This quote is from the member section and was at first thought not possible, but it is.

So for commanders and squad leader that want to talk to other channel u can access this quite easily.
Quick guide:
1. You have to know that you which channels you will be switching forth and back to.
That means you always have to set one key for forth and one to get back.
2. Klick Settings -> Key Settings
3. Click Add and then select Switch to and selct the channel you want to switched to.
4. Remember with this given command you switched with a keyboard bind to the selected channel but still have to get back to the channel you came from.
5. You have now set up two bindings for switching to one channel and to get back.
You also have to set this option for switching to the other channel since those keybindings only make sense if you have more than one squad you want to give orders to.
I found a better way I think...

Say you have 3 channels: squad 1, squad 2, Commander

The commander can bind a key (lets say -) and talk to the whole squad 1. He can then set a key (lets say +) to talk to Squad 2. He can then set * to make him talk to everyone on the BF2s part of the TS server. If he wants, he can set / to be the push-to-talk button for the channel commander (preferably SL) in one or both of the channels. The Squad members could then asign a button to talk to their commander and one to talk to their SL.

How to do this:

Commander:

1. Join your own commander squad.
2. Go to Settings => Keybindings => Add
3. set your key combination (in this case -)
4. set the action to: Wisper to => Channel list => USMC Alpha (if this is the 1st squad)

Do the same thing again, just change the key combination and change the channel to USMC Bravo or whatever. To talk to everyone on the BF2s TS server (-aka- both squads), set the channel to BF2s Eu Ranked Server. To only talk to the Squadleaders (they have to be asigned by an admin I think), set it to Chan Commanders => All (I think). Squad members/leaders can probably figure out the rest



Scenario

Say Dude is SL for squad 1, Goldman for squad 2 and Mike is the Commander.

Mike can give orders to either:
- both squads
- 1 squad only
- the 2 SLs only

The SLs (Dude and Goldman) can talk to:
- Both squads and the commander
- His own squad only
- The other squadleader and the commander only

The Squad members can talk to:
- Both squads (though not always a good thing) and the commander
- his own squad only
- The SLs and commander (good for requesting supplies etc)

You can also talk to the other team using this (regarding team-switching/kicking/banning)


I, personaly think this would be a good Idea...

PS - sorry if I explained in a confusing way.. feel free to ask questions

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-10-09 06:48:52)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|5111|The Netherlands
Good idea Jens !  (I really miss VOIP for tactics)

Although I would prefer this:

Commander
- 1 Squadleader                              Giving 1 squad a specific order
- Both Squadleaders                        Telling both SL what the plan is.. etc.

Squadleaders
- Commander                                 Requests
- Other Squadleader                        Coordinating combined attack/defense
- Own Squadmembers                     Give orders / Squadtalk

Squadmember
- Own squadmembers (=also SL)      Requests / Squadtalk

Could we achieve this ? (84 mb .wmv video !)
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5181|St. Andrews / Oslo

Lt.Goldman wrote:

Good idea Jens !  (I really miss VOIP for tactics)

Although I would prefer this:

Commander
- 1 Squadleader                              Giving 1 squad a specific order
- Both Squadleaders                        Telling both SL what the plan is.. etc.

Squadleaders
- Commander                                 Requests
- Other Squadleader                        Coordinating combined attack/defense
- Own Squadmembers                     Give orders / Squadtalk

Squadmember
- Own squadmembers (=also SL)      Requests / Squadtalk

Could we achieve this ? (84 mb .wmv video !)
Commander to 1 SL would be hard, but still possible... You would have to change it every day.

go to whisper to => PLayer List => choose the name of the SL in the drop down box.

Same goes for SL to Commander, SL to other SL

PS - I've seen that movie. Yes, it is possible!

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-10-09 11:10:35)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|5181|St. Andrews / Oslo

Take back what I just said... It IS possible, Goldman

To get this to work, we would need a different Channel Setup:

-Commander
-1st Squad
    -Squad Leader
-2nd Squad
    -Squad Leader

I sendt a PM to Slayer, and he said he would ask DanCer, so I'm crossing my fingers!

PS - Is anyone against this? If so, speak up!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|5118

Echo wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Hm, and what about Voip? Is it working constantly now?
Voip is buggy and it rarely seem to work. We tried everything to get it to work. Teamspeak is much better anyways. You can talk to everyone, also guys on the other team. If you cant get on our server cause its full, we can make some room for you etc. You can set it to voice activation so you wont have to press a button to talk. Use a high setting for a voice activation level tho, otherwise we ll hear every little cough or how you re chewing your gum, when you talk on the phone to order a pizza etc.
Heh, heh...

This kinda reminds me, you know. Way back, when I was playing and all, we were on Teamspeak and I was capturing Factory on Karkand (all on my own) in an APC. Well, some of you on Teamspeak spotted me (as I was on the other team), and were coordinating an arty strike on me. And then were amusingly shocked when I dodged. I distinctly recall the,

"What the... how did he dodge that?!" moment.

There's always a downside.
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|5118
I might be somewhat behind the curve, here, but I just noticed that there's software out there that overlays the users currently online in the teamspeak channel you're on over your HUD in any DirecttX game. I'll be testing it out tonight, so if you're unsure, feel free to wait til after I've tried it - I'll post again tomorrow with my views etc. (Assuming you don't all roll your eyes and wonder where the hell I've been for the last X <time units>, that is!)

Anyway, if you're feeling adventurous and haven't heard of this software, it can be found at http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/ . As I said, I've no idea whether it's any good or not, as I haven't tested it (although if you want to help out, I'm on the EU server right now :p)...

But might be useful.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|4794|Cali
What is the TS ip?
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|5010|Southampton, UK

IP: 80.190.246.226:2458
Password: Zocken
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5164|Germany
I'm sorry to inform you that my clan is canceling the contract with the TS² provider due to whatever reasons.
I don't know the excact date when it will be turned off but you better start now looking for a new Ts² provider/donater. If I know more about the termination date, I'll let you guys know.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|5169|The Netherlands
Thanks dancer. Maybe we can use ts on the gibson.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|5072|EU

Echo wrote:

Thanks dancer. Maybe we can use ts on the gibson.
I say we move from TS and go spam Liquis Ventrilo!!! Even if KNTL members are on server we have no clue what are they thinking, talking ... bla bla, now we could be all together and maybe it would be easier to admin server...  Though the question is if they really want us there... and would be great to have some separate slots as it was on TS.

danCer, we are gratefull that we could use your TS.
l41e
Member
+677|5097

Kicked everyone out of TS to get the idiots with spambots to stop.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|5076|UK

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

Echo wrote:

Thanks dancer. Maybe we can use ts on the gibson.
I say we move from TS and go spam Liquis Ventrilo!!! Even if KNTL members are on server we have no clue what are they thinking, talking ... bla bla, now we could be all together and maybe it would be easier to admin server...  Though the question is if they really want us there... and would be great to have some separate slots as it was on TS.

danCer, we are gratefull that we could use your TS.
You are welcome there. It's 32 slot and only a max of 10 are used at one time. I can set up channels and server admins etc.

Though, there's nothing wrong with your TS. Everyone knows it, everyone uses it, everyone knows how to use it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard