Long time done.
theDude5B wrote:is there not a setting in TS that allows you to assign different buttons to chat with different channels?
So the commander could be in one channel but still able to talk to the other channel. Also everyone in one channel could if they wanted to, speak to the other channel by pressing a different button?
This quote is from the member section and was at first thought not possible, but it is.
So for commanders and squad leader that want to talk to other channel u can access this quite easily.
1. You have to know that you which channels you will be switching forth and back to.
That means you always have to set one key for forth and one to get back.
2. Klick Settings -> Key Settings
3. Click Add
and then select Switch to
and selct the channel you want to switched to.
4. Remember with this given command you switched with a keyboard bind to the selected channel but still have to get back to the channel you came from.
5. You have now set up two bindings for switching to one channel and to get back.
You also have to set this option for switching to the other channel since those keybindings only make sense if you have more than one squad you want to give orders to.
I found a better way I think...
Say you have 3 channels: squad 1, squad 2, Commander
The commander can bind a key (lets say -) and talk to the whole squad 1. He can then set a key (lets say +) to talk to Squad 2. He can then set * to make him talk to everyone on the BF2s part of the TS server. If he wants, he can set / to be the push-to-talk button for the channel commander (preferably SL) in one or both of the channels. The Squad members could then asign a button to talk to their commander and one to talk to their SL.How to do this:
1. Join your own commander squad.
2. Go to Settings => Keybindings => Add
3. set your key combination (in this case -)
4. set the action to: Wisper to => Channel list => USMC Alpha (if this is the 1st squad)
Do the same thing again, just change the key combination and change the channel to USMC Bravo or whatever. To talk to everyone on the BF2s TS server (-aka- both squads), set the channel to BF2s Eu Ranked Server. To only talk to the Squadleaders (they have to be asigned by an admin I think), set it to Chan Commanders => All (I think). Squad members/leaders can probably figure out the rest Scenario
Say Dude is SL for squad 1, Goldman for squad 2 and Mike is the Commander.
Mike can give orders to either:
- both squads
- 1 squad only
- the 2 SLs only
The SLs (Dude and Goldman) can talk to:
- Both squads and the commander
- His own squad only
- The other squadleader and the commander only
The Squad members can talk to:
- Both squads (though not always a good thing) and the commander
- his own squad only
- The SLs and commander (good for requesting supplies etc)
You can also talk to the other team using this (regarding team-switching/kicking/banning)
I, personaly think this would be a good Idea...PS - sorry if I explained in a confusing way.. feel free to ask questions
Last edited by Jenspm (2006-10-09 06:48:52)