-101-InvaderZim
+42|6842|Waikato, Aotearoa
I got a Q about the Vet. Badges....
Is total hour requirement like Global Hour?? ie do u have to get the required hours as that kit and then get the IAR requirement??

Vet Medic
    *  IAR: 20 kills while a Medic
    * 250h Total time played while Medic
Vet 1st Aid
    *  IAR: 10 Heal points
    * 500h Total time played while Medic
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6845|Australia
Im pretty sure thats a yes?
Medic combat you need 250 medic play time hours - need before you can do the IAR part.
then you need to jump in a server and kill 20 people while a medic in one round?

is that what you mean?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6838|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
yeah people were going nuts with that problem with the vet/expert knife & pistol badges because they just figured  they got to 50 or 500 kills and whammo, but they got slapped.
Mike233
+0|6794
i think its way to hard to get all the badges and medals to be honest.. acually maybe even impossible unless you completely devot your life to this game..
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6846|San Francisco

For EVERY badge/medal/ribbon/award in the game you MUST complete the global requirements before completeing the IAR stuff.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

Mike233 wrote:

i think its way to hard to get all the badges and medals to be honest.. acually maybe even impossible unless you completely devot your life to this game..
yeah, some are easier for some people and others have an easy time with some other award, but over all, i'd say that everyone has trouble with something. for most players, there are a few items that are desired but difficult to obtain.

what i want in order of priority: Valorous Unit Ribbon, Basic Explosives Ordinance Badge, Basic Knife Badge, Helicopter Service Ribbon, Veteran Command Badge, Air-Defense Ribbon, Far East Service Ribbon, Good Conduct Ribbon, Legion of Merit Ribbon, War College Ribbon, Navy Cross Medal, Veteran Special Forces Badge, Veteran Armor Badge, Distinguished Service Medal.

see... i have a huge list of crap to earn... i better get to it.
WormGuts
+17|6792|Dayton, Ohio
my list is relatively short...i want my air service ribbon (unlikely since i don't fly well at all, and i won't sit in a plane as a CO long enough to roll up the 19 kills)...after that...my good conduct ribbon (should be easy for me to attain once i meet the global hours required (250)...i greatly desire the war college ribbon, but i'll probably never meet the 3:1 global win:loss ratio required.

as for the badges.  i think that the basic should be easily attained (and i think they are with some effort and devotion).  the veteran badges should be difficult.  you should be forced to dedicate alot of time to mastering each kit indiviually before you are allowed to get the shiny item for it. 

i personally like to get my shiny little items.  i've worked hard to attain the ones i have.  i've earned every single one honestly (and yes that means NO knife/pistol only maps). 

i first thought that the hours required for veteran badges was a bit extreme.  however i've come to the realization that it's best like it is since you will find people specializing in kits thus forming better teamwork and squad work hopefully.
WormGuts
+17|6792|Dayton, Ohio
oh forgot to mention that i covet my veteran armor, ground defense (gonna be along time on that one) and anti air badges...the vet. armor should be fairly easy to get...as should vet. helo for those who spend loads of time flying around capping flags in helo's (jerks)
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6783|PA, USA
I think that 250 hours (100 in the case of the vehicles) for a veteran badge is OBSCENE. The basic badges I can obtain in less than 10 minutes, whereas for the next step up you need 250 hours? And what about expert? I'm with WormGuts on thinking the veteran badges should take more dedication to the class/vehicle, but 250/100 hours is just INSANE. I think it should be more like 75/25, you're still showing you're dedicated, and there's still Expert to get after that. 1,000/750 hours!?!?!?! You'd have to have your whole life on this game!!!! Those I think should be cut down to 250/150, showing that you excel in those classes. You shouldn't have to play like a zombie to reach the higher level awards. At these current reqs very few people will even acquire ONE expert badge (besides pistol and knife). My very opinionated 2 cents.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
Strayfire: Have you looked at requirements for real-life awards. The idea is that they are somewhat close in the sense that it takes a great deal of dedication to qualify for the top awards and to become "veteran" at anything, you need significant experience.

So what do you think about the reqs. for the Distinguished Service Medal?
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6783|PA, USA

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

Strayfire: Have you looked at requirements for real-life awards.
But this isn't real life, it's a game, where I think the average player should be able to get at least 1 veteran class badge. The average player will have to play for months before they get a vet badge, which I know is much less than in the military, but EA still seems to be going too much for realism. I don't want to play a game that seems like an exact simulation of the life of a Marine. The point of the game is fun, screw realism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard