Meldince
+0|6337

Riddick51PB wrote:

gah, ok something isn't working right.

i've made my changes to the English.UTXT file and saved the contents.

however, in-game must be using a cache of that file, because it doesn't reflect the updated contents of the English.UTXT file.

anyone know how to fix this?
I have this same problem! What's going on? Any ideas?
unknown_human
+0|6322
What are the codes for the other colors?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

RedTwizzler wrote:

Also, does anyone know where the code is for "Enemy Asset Destroyed"? I need a specific line, or something I can search for, since I can't find it myself.
Its in the "English_Patch.utxt" file.
This is what I have for it:

HUD_HUD_DESTROY_STRATEGIC     You destroyed a commander asset (§C1001+1§C1001)

To clarify:

EU & AF codes are in english_mappacks.utxt (as is Jalalabad if you really want to change something on it)
Vanilla codes are in English.utxt
SF codes are in XPEnglish.utxt
Assets are in English_Patch.utxt (as is Wake if you really want to change something on it)
Fredline
+13|6621|Seattle, WA

unknown_human wrote:

Yeah, how about Red or Green? Anyone?!? Bueller?!?
FragdaddyXL
+9|6303
Check out my Localization files. If your too lazy to change yours yourself, I have a Tutorial on how to download my Files and how to add them to yours.   
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=68063
They are pretty funny, but it might take some time to learn what each weapon is because I changed some of the names.  Just go to BFHQ and look at the weapons on the first page.  I also have a question.  If I change the Localization files in Special Forces, will it show up on the normal BF2?  Like if I changed the "F 2000" to "a cat", will "a cat" show up in normal BF2 instead of "F 2000"?
Shiffdaddy
+73|6335

Fredline wrote:

unknown_human wrote:

This has been asked a few times, and nobody ever knows.  Ive tried with diff codes, but have never had any luck.  I dont really know if its possible.  If you figure it out, please tell us all.  I'll give karma to the first who can figure out the code for green or blue.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada
Wow, this is still around, and its even stickied, lol! This is so old I haven't even played battlefield 2 for ages!
MihaR
+0|6204|Lincoln / UK
OK.....I have backed up the file and know how to edit the file, but whenever I open the file with note pad, as you should, it does not say English.utxt in the top left hand corner....mine just says English, so when I have edited it and saved it, it changes to a new type of file and screws up my whole text in my game.

Do i need a new type of notepad to do this editing or a type of program

Hope someone can help

cheers
Riddick51PB
+21|6510|Lincoln.ne.us

MihaR wrote:

OK.....I have backed up the file and know how to edit the file, but whenever I open the file with note pad, as you should, it does not say English.utxt in the top left hand corner....mine just says English, so when I have edited it and saved it, it changes to a new type of file and screws up my whole text in my game.

Hope someone can help

cheers
you need microsoft excel to open it
MihaR
+0|6204|Lincoln / UK

Riddick51PB wrote:

MihaR wrote:

Hope someone can help

cheers
I have excel 2003, but how does that work? i thought it had to be notepad.

Can you explain a little cheers
ic|shiney
+17|6555|leeds.England

Riddick51PB wrote:

MihaR wrote:

Hope someone can help

cheers
i havnt got excel and i modded mine thru note pad
MihaR
+0|6204|Lincoln / UK

ic|shiney wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

MihaR wrote:

Hope someone can help

cheers
i havnt got excel and i modded mine thru note pad
Can you explain how, as when i open the file with note pad it just says English in top left corner NOT English.utxt, so when I have moded the file it saves as a completly new type of file and screws up all the ingame lettering........
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK

Fredline wrote:

unknown_human wrote:

The only color that you can use when modding your localization files is ORANGE.

Other people have said that the other colors are server side, ie green is for squad, etc. which means you can't use them.
1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6202|in the woods of maine
I Liked Saladforks Wish I Could Find Them Again
chirag2fast4u
+1|6142
does the file work with the new 1.41 patch?
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6628|The Netherlands

chirag2fast4u wrote:

does the file work with the new 1.41 patch?
yes the patch only make changes in maps and some lokal files, b4 patching make a backup of your changed files so you know what you done and thern copy and paste it(not over new things)
=[MI5]= benjybee33
+0|6110

PunkX wrote:

xaven wrote:

1. these changes are only client side, so only you can see it.
2. it's no mod and no change in any core game file, so on a LAN you can use it for sure.
3. I would call it "pimp my kill string"
yeppers!

the thing you have to remmeber is that ONLY YOU can see these, noeone else against you can! So you DO NOT have to worry about being called a cheater or anything, this is 100% safe!
i dont see it cheating cause you havent got an unfair advantage all you've done is customize ur HUD
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
Sorry to bring this thread back from a very deep grave, but I'm getting AVG sensing a virus on Opera, and this is the only open tab.
Just a warning.
HaxyQ
+2|6189|Tromsø, Norway
I dont understand this.

The "code" in the config file is "§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§0#WEAPON#§1] #PLAYERNAME2#" for the message in the upper left corner (Who kills who). But what is the "code" for the kill message (You killed NAME) ?
metian
+0|6640
How can i get this.. I mean those sharp font. Better then i got now.. :S

[img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/157/lawllawl3mf.png[/img]
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

If your resolution is set too high, your graphics card may make the text look a bit fuzzy.
vilig
+1|5858
What about black color in the localizations ?

[url=http://shrani.si/?45/2x/3USNKdHK/screen007.jpg][img]http://shrani.si/t/45/2x/3USNKdHK/screen007.jpg[/img][/url]

HUD_TEXT_MENU_YOU_ARE_IN_MAN_DOWNHUDO SI RANJENČ

The letter which make it black is  Č   !!THE LETTERS AFTER č WILL NOT BE SEEN!! (so Č should be the last letter)

My localizations are in Slovenian language of course, so there is HUDO SI RANJEN where it should be YOU ARE CRITICALLY WOUNDED, so your line will be :

HUD_TEXT_MENU_YOU_ARE_IN_MAN_DOWNYOU ARE CRITICALLY WOUNDEDČ

if you don't have letter Č on your keyboard, you should copy/paste from here:    Č
Zoeff
+5|5803|The Netherlands

Meldince wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

gah, ok something isn't working right.

i've made my changes to the English.UTXT file and saved the contents.

however, in-game must be using a cache of that file, because it doesn't reflect the updated contents of the English.UTXT file.

anyone know how to fix this?
I have this same problem! What's going on? Any ideas?
Bah... has anyone found a fix for this problem yet?
PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada
Get ready for an update on this very soon! An update over a year in the making, lol.

Not really, i just havn't played in ages.
\A*D/ David12King
+2|5432
Bump.

I don't know if it has been discussed yet or not, but how do you make "You killed (person)" big?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard