Poll

Should EA include female player models.

Yes69%69% - 181
No30%30% - 78
Total: 259
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6681
Yea, i think there should be female models but keep it realistic. I don't think there would be too many femals using a pkm or the rpg in special forces. but, i guess they could be included for other kits.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Funny thing about the male psyche.  I've been playing Oblivion for a few days now, and have battled quite a few female opponents.  When faced with a male opponent, I have no hesitation to battle full bore and forget the kill soon afterwards.  But at first, when up against a female opponent, something in my head told me to wait for her to attack first.  And where I would ignore the now dead male, I would pause over the lifeless female, contemplating what I just did.  But after some hours of play, I've become more jaded, and there is less tendency to pause when battling female opponents.

I think us males are just wired to protect women, as mothers are wired to protect their children.  And as such, we're more prone to do stupid stuff in conflict situations to protect women, regardless of our own safety.  There was some study on this, but can't recall the source at this time.

But as for this poll and BF2, hell, why not?  It's only a game.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-03-30 18:02:04)

oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au

strangelove wrote:

i know you think you are being clever but the fact remains that female models in full combat gear with body armor WILL NOT LOOK female, making the point moot...in fact who says that all the models are male? hw can you tell what they are genetically?
lol you can't be serious. man, that is really funny! good work. on a serious note, if you can't tell men from women that makes me feel very sad for you.

strangelove wrote:

i reread you other posts as well and you are welcome to speak for yourself sigmund, but most of us dont want female models for the same reason we dont want wookie models
well, i'm flattered that you directed the power of reading at my previous posts, where i am, indeed, doing nothing but speaking for myself, and trying to engage in a debate. my statements, in fact, reflect what i think are the weaknesses of what people like you are saying - which still only amounts to me speaking for myself. here is a definition of 'forum' for you, in case your not sure what is going on:

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
here are some others too. Note the word 'open'.

Back on topic, well, it's no wonder you can't tell men from women, if for you they are like wookies. if the women that you are familiar with look like wookies, that is very sad indeed, and goes a long to explaining your objections.

strangelove wrote:

if you stongly feel the need for women to be able to represent themselves physically in a video game then the person with the issues is you not the ones who think it's a bad idea
yes, i admit it: i have issues. i actually like women. i lot. it's terrible to admit it here, but you caught me out, what can i say.

strangelove indeed...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 17:56:01)

Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

A.Frade wrote:

Yea, i think there should be female models but keep it realistic. I don't think there would be too many femals using a pkm or the rpg in special forces. but, i guess they could be included for other kits.
Medic, Sniper yeah?
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6681

Citizen One wrote:

A.Frade wrote:

Medic, Sniper yeah?
Well i guess they could do medic, sniper, engineer (),SF, probably even assualt why not and they should be white and black females! But the male to female ratio should be realistic and would the mec and pla armies have femals? I think whether you are male or female should happen at random.

Last edited by A.Frade (2006-03-30 18:04:49)

oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
female sniper ftw
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6613|the side hatch

oberst_enzian wrote:

strangelove wrote:

i know you think you are being clever but the fact remains that female models in full combat gear with body armor WILL NOT LOOK female, making the point moot...in fact who says that all the models are male? hw can you tell what they are genetically?
lol you can't be serious. man, that is really funny! good work. on a serious note, if you can't tell men from women that makes me feel very sad for you.

strangelove wrote:

i reread you other posts as well and you are welcome to speak for yourself sigmund, but most of us dont want female models for the same reason we dont want wookie models
well, i'm flattered that you directed the power of reading at my previous posts, where i am, indeed, doing nothing but speaking for myself, and trying to engage in a debate. my statements, in fact, reflect what i think are the weaknesses of what people like you are saying - which still only amounts to me speaking for myself. here is a definition of 'forum' for you, in case your not sure what is going on:

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
here are some others too. Note the word 'open'.

Back on topic, well, it's no wonder you can't tell men from women, if for you they are like wookies. if the women that you are familiar with look like wookies, that is very sad indeed, and goes a long to explaining your objections.

strangelove wrote:

if you stongly feel the need for women to be able to represent themselves physically in a video game then the person with the issues is you not the ones who think it's a bad idea
yes, i admit it: i have issues. i actually like women. i lot. it's terrible to admit it here, but you caught me out, what can i say.

strangelove indeed...
flame away man, but dont think that you are just "speaking for yourself"
what you are doing is refusing to acknowledge other people's justified and defended opinions and replacing them with your junior high psychology because you cant properly defend yourself without inserting tired images or acting like like a spazing dolt

seriously though, you arent normal right? i mean the school you went to didnt have silverware right?
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

oberst_enzian wrote:

female sniper ftw
SIG
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6744
This should not be an argument of right or wrong, or if females should be on the frontline, etc etc.

BF2 should not have female skins, because Combat Infantry, Armor Crewman, even Corpsman are non-female in the USMC. These are the roles you play ingame, for all effects and purposes. I realise there is Engineer, but its still pretty well a fighter.

Having said that:

It is a proven fact that males will take measures to assist/protect females in a less dangerous situation before they take measures to assist/protect males in a more dangerous situation. It is a proven, documented fact, not simply guesswork. They straight did a study, putting people into realistic situational simulations, and more often than not, males helped females before males, even if they were in a more dangerous situation. For that reason, and *that reason alone* I dont think that females belong on the front line. How would you look at your squadmate if you knew that all your other squadmates were more likely to protect her than you, even if you needed it more? Let alone should that ever actually happen...

Women can be just as capable as men on the battlefield. Not all women can be, and well, not all men can be either. Women do make better fighter pilots though. Better spatial reasoning, abilty to track objects in space better, and normally they are a shorter frame, so able to take higher G-loads.

But there isnt any pilot class in the game is there?

One way or the other. The game simulates frontline combat, and *currently* few, if any armies, deploy women to the front line as Combat Infantry.

Last edited by blacksheepcannibal (2006-03-30 18:16:31)

DebonairXcel
+40|6605|Minnesota
I'd bet that it is socialization that has created the notion that women "need" protecting and I for one would like the game to be a bit more "progressive" by incorporating men and women.  Forget the realism aspect, if EA were going for realism.... they'd include.... and probably...  Insert 500 other comments....  as well as blood, body parts, people screaming from injuries, soldiers only having one life etc....

But yeah, as for shooting female models, I'm a Q2/UT fan, so shooting men and women isn't really a problem.  Though mind you, women in the USMC, I could see one kit being that way, or just having the base option to be male or female.  As for PLA, MEC, and EF women would be much likely to be out in the PLA and EF, especially the EF.  But mind you, note that the EF doesn't even have "black models".  Nor does the USMC have hispanic/latino models.  If you ask me the EF models give you a good idea of who EA is selling to pre-dominantly white males and not even ones with different skin tones.  That choice is poor business and is passively continuing racism/sexism.  Just watch 2150 be the same way...  And if not, then I may actually take back the comment about EA promoting the sexist/racist perspectives.

Last edited by DebonairXcel (2006-03-30 18:19:23)

Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

DebonairXcel wrote:

I'd bet that it is socialization that has created the notion that women "need" protecting and I for one would like the game to be a bit more "progressive" by incorporating men and women.  Forget the realism aspect, if EA were going for realism.... they'd include.... and probably...  Insert 500 other comments....  as well as blood, body parts, people screaming from injuries, soldiers only having one life etc....

But yeah, as for shooting female models, I'm a Q2/UT fan, so shooting men and women isn't really a problem.  Though mind you, women in the USMC, I could see one kit being that way, or just having the base option to be male or female.  As for PLA, MEC, and EF women would be much likely to be out in the PLA and EF, especially the EF.  But mind you, note that the EF doesn't even have "black models".  Nor does the USMC have hispanic/latino models.  If you ask me the EF models give you a good idea of who EA is selling to pre-dominantly white males and not even ones with different skin tones.  That choice is poor business and is passively continuing racism/sexism.  Just watch 2150 be the same way...  And if not, then I may actually take back the comment about EA promoting the sexist/racist perspectives.
EA/DICE= RACIST/SEXIST LOL.
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au

strangelove wrote:

what you are doing is refusing to acknowledge other people's justified and defended opinions and replacing them with your junior high psychology because you cant properly defend yourself without inserting tired images or acting like like a spazing dolt

seriously though, you arent normal right? i mean the school you went to didnt have silverware right?
seriously dude, your post makes no sense. or rather, it does but it completely contradicts itself. here are all the things that are wrong with it (that i can be bothered typing out):

i at no point flamed anyone. i heavily patronised you, baited you into getting angry maybe, but i never called you juvenile names and/or frothed at the mouth. it is in fact you, and only you, that is guilty of this:

strangelove wrote:

seriously though, you arent normal right?
a spazing dolt
secondly, responding to someone's post is ackowledgement of someone else's opinion (how else can you respond to something? how could you respond to something without acknowledging it?). i gave you a link to definitions of forum, but i see that you also need one for 'debate' - hang on while i get that for you... all i am doing is acknowledging the posts made so far by other people, and posting what i think.

thirdly, not being a mod, i cannot replace anyone's opinion, as that would mean to take it out and put something else in its place, so i didn't do that either, sorry.

fourth, even if i could do the above, responding to one comment of yours (and yours alone, not anyone else's, justified and defended or not)by posting a picture hardly conforms to my not being able to defend myself without using intenet funnays. just my responses to your gibberish alone have already statistically proven this wrong, if nothing else.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 19:17:51)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

I don't think BF2 will get any more updated models (and this is probably too late for 2142) but BF3 will be a bigger better game. I'd go for female models -- heck, I'd play one (probably has a smaller hitbox.)
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
Who is that?
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6613|the side hatch

oberst_enzian wrote:

strangelove wrote:

seriously dude, your post makes no sense. or rather, it does but it completely contradicts itself. here are all the things that are wrong with it (that i can be bothered typing out):

i at no point flamed anyone. i heavily patronised you, baited you into getting angry maybe, but i never called you juvenile names and/or frothed at the mouth. it is in fact you, and only you, that is guilty of this:

strangelogic wrote:

seriously though, you arent normal right?
a spazing dolt
secondly, responding to someone's post is ackowledgement of someone else's opinion (how else can you respond to something? how could you respond to something without acknowledging it?). i gave you a link to definitions of forum, but i see that you also need one for 'debate' - hang on while i get that for you... all i am doing is acknowledging the posts made so far by other people, and posting what i think.

thirdly, not being a mod, i cannot replace anyone's opinion, as that would mean to take it out and put something else in its place, so i didn't do that either, sorry.

fourth, even if i could do the above, responding to one comment of yours (and yours alone, not anyone else. justified and defended or not)by posting a picture hardly conforms to my not being able to defend myself without using intenet funnays. just my responses to your gibberish alone have already statistically proven this wrong, if nothing else.

wipe your mouth and try again.
i feel embarrassed for you, i am going to continue in PM because you really dont have anything more to say about the subject of Female Models and obviously (despite accusing others of it) know neither how to use a forum nor how to debate in good faith
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6687|Howell, Mi USA
i think female medics would be nice, theres nothing better then a hot nurse.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Who is that?
Not me, its a Korean sniper for the Korean Swat.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
I want her to cuff me. haha

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2006-03-30 20:17:48)

VidSicious
+25|6767
Can you imagine the damage an all female, PMS squad could do?  Yikes!
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au

strangelove wrote:

i feel embarrassed for you, i am going to continue in PM because you really dont have anything more to say about the subject of Female Models and obviously (despite accusing others of it) know neither how to use a forum nor how to debate in good faith
you should feel embarrased, because if you go back read everything up to this point - you complete fool - you will see that the only reason i have veered off the topic is to respond to your moronic accusations. it's true, it's my mistake, as given the intellectual prowess you display in suggesting that it's not possible to tell whether the models are male or not in the first place, i really shouldn't have bothered.

seriously, go back and look again: at every step since you have posted, everything you accuse me of is actually something you did, especially veering off the topic and not being able to handle a debate.

this crap was funny to begin with, but now it's just morbid.

oh, btw, don't take it to pm - anything i have to say to you i will do here, before anyone who cares to read it. although it will be more mindless name calling no doubt, so i probably won't waste my time on it anyway.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6644
Ok, now for my on topic post and not actin like a fool. I think they should have some women characters in the game. It would be cool.
Herackles
+33|6619
My Opinion In Point Form.

01) Women around the world are in the military:  Check!

02) Women around the world play an active role in ground combat:  Check!

03) A bullet fired by a man or a woman would still seriously screw up your day:  Check!

04) Would the game appeal to a wider audience if female models were included:  Check!

05) Would people still have the option to choose between male or female skins:  Check!

06) So why is this such a big deal:  Who knows!

07) Is it really that big a deal if female models are included:  No!

08) Is this really that complicated an issue:  No!

10) Is it natural for conversations to go into different directions:  Yes!

12) Are people still going to make like rock’em sock’em robots and try to dish out the internet equivalent of a Mohammad Ali jab:  You better believe it!

13) Is my post a futile attempt to apease all concerend:  Damn straight!

14) Can't end it on 13 because it's an unlucky number...gotta think of something smart to end this sentence:  "Well...That's my mama!"

15) Should I just shut the hell up because it won't matter either way:  Yes!  For gods sake, Yes!

16) Can't we all just get along:  No, because that would make sense!

P.S.
15)  Will some 10 year old come along and flame me:  Superman himself couldn't stop that from happening.

Last edited by Herackles (2006-03-30 22:02:56)

Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6641|South Korea.

Herackles wrote:

My Opinion In Point Form. Check!
/owned
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6613|the side hatch

oberst_enzian wrote:

strangelove wrote:

you should feel embarrased, because if you go back read everything up to this point - you complete fool - you will see that the only reason i have veered off the topic is to respond to your moronic accusations. it's true, it's my mistake, as given the intellectual prowess you display in suggesting that it's not possible to tell whether the models are male or not in the first place, i really shouldn't have bothered.

seriously, go back and look again: at every step since you have posted, everything you accuse me of is actually something you did, especially veering off the topic and not being able to handle a debate.

this crap was funny to begin with, but now it's just morbid.

oh, btw, don't take it to pm - anything i have to say to you i will do here, before anyone who cares to read it. although it will be more mindless name calling no doubt, so i probably won't waste my time on it anyway.
i just realized you are totally right about everything. females should totally be in the game and i agree with all that other stuff you said also. you are neither a slavering dimwit nor are you a douchebag. are we done now?

**edit, my post is not a response to what herkules said, i only read it after i posted

Last edited by strangelove (2006-03-30 22:27:44)

Xaritix
Banned
+1|6617|Somewhere near Beverly Hills
Yea, at least make it a customizable option, like, I have a sister who is a BF2 freak, and she wishes there were female soldiers, not to play as, she just wants to, well, here is her own words:

"I wish there were girl soldiers so I could Teabag'm" not my words, her's, yep, she's a "tomboy"

And I agree with citizen one, in the PS2 game "Mercenarys" the SK ROKA has commandos that are female, and 5 or so of the NK deck of 52 are female. Take that shogunists!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard