-fe.lep-
+8|6700
Am I the only one who thinks that claymores are destroying BF2 and Special Forces in particular?

How about E.A. finally fix a "weapon" that really needs fixing. Special forces suffers the most from this plague, try playing warlord/nightflight and you will see what I mean. Its just got beyond a joke.

Claymores should be limited to usage within 3 meters of the top of ladders and nothing more. Im fed up of snipers "padding" their scores with these cheap, skilless kills. Damit E.A. Do something useful for once!
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6646|Hong Kong
uhhh.....no way
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, EspaƱa
lol, so true

just make it 2 Claymore deployed at the time
if u throw another one . the first one dissapears
SmilingBuddha
+44|6646|Hong Kong

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

lol, so true

just make it 2 Claymore deployed at the time
if u throw another one . the first one dissapears
well thats pretty useless innit

might as well only have one claaymore
dubbs
+105|6629|Lexington, KY
I just wish you could blow up a claymore with a nade.  I am tired of seeing a claymore, and have no way of blowing it up without killing my self.  Also, the blast zone for a claymore needs to be fixed.  On Ghost Town, on the island where the SAS have a flag to begin with, I jumped up, and a claymore in the door of the building exploded.  I was not even on the wall,  just jumped up about ready to jump over.
PRiMACORD
+190|6622|Home of the Escalade Herds
Grenades should be able to blow up claymores, that will fix it. Right now it's just a skillless whore worthy stat padding weapon imo.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6646|Hong Kong
yeh good idea
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6698
absolutely. Claymores are stupidly powerful as long as theres no way of getting rid of them. I'm sick of getting my nuts blown off every minute or two because half the enemy team is leaving claymores everywhere and they can't be remotely detonated.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.
Hell no, without claymores, snipers would be raped in the back time after time, and without protection, snipers would just play as spec-ops with single shot mode on, and that would ruin Battlefield's chances at a "unique sniping experience" They would have to use c4, and that would be anoying since it has a large blast radius, and they would have to wear headphones 24/7, to judge as when to press the detonator. No no, Claymores for the win, anyway if you didn't know what im about to tell you, you are a massive noob...

ANTI TANK ROCKETS DESTROY MINES. Thanks.

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-30 02:56:32)

pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6768|Rotherham, England

Citizen One wrote:

Really useful info that, especially when your using an assault kit!
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.

pedigreeuk wrote:

Citizen One wrote:

Really useful info that, especially when your using an assault kit!
Dont say it like that. i'm just saying, if your stupid enough to get fucked in the ass by a claymore over and over, you would change kit, its only until you die...
doxed
+21|6644

Citizen One wrote:

Hell no, without claymores, snipers would be raped in the back time after time, and without protection, snipers would just play as spec-ops with single shot mode on, and that would ruin Battlefield's chances at a "unique sniping experience" They would have to use c4, and that would be anoying since it has a large blast radius, and they would have to wear headphones 24/7, to judge as when to press the detonator. No no, Claymores for the win, anyway if you didn't know what im about to tell you, you are a massive noob...

it's been my experience that they just drop them in high traffic areas away from them. if they're about to die they also try to drop them. i've seen one sniper since 1.2 came out actually use them to defend his position.
bingobones
+6|6722|London, UK
seems like most of u are noobs - as a sniper you get 2 claymores - so 2 can be deployed at a time - if u manage to get more ammo and deploy another claymore - the first one disappears...

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do!

maybe ea should ban grenades? cos they r annoying too!

tankstoo?

planes?

chopperS?

LOL NOOBS
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.

bingobones wrote:

seems like most of u are noobs - as a sniper you get 2 claymores - so 2 can be deployed at a time - if u manage to get more ammo and deploy another claymore - the first one disappears...

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do! LOL NOOBS
Hopfully, they will ban everything so all we have left are AK-47's, THAT WOULD BE EQUAL!
-fe.lep-
+8|6700

bingobones wrote:

so u get annoyed by claymores?! so what?! we all do!
Claymores are destroying the entire game, I described it as a plague as that is exactly what they have become. 1.22 has seen a huge number of people migrate to the sniper class for these cheap and easy kills. They are not meant to be used as a primary weapon which 90% of people are now doing. They are meant to be used to cover a snipers ass.

For example: Warlord

Palace 2nd and 3rd floor on Warlord have become, just about, uncapable bases. If you corner a team with just those flags left with just 3 doorways that lead in or out you have half a dozen snipers and half a dozen support making themselves 100's of undeserved points.  The same goes for the T.V. station which is worse, there are only 2 ways in or out. This is obviously effecting the stats of all the players involved and is tantamount to stats padding. You can no longer play to win the game as it involves dying dozens of times on mines that cannot be removed and are not being used in the manor for which they were intended.

Karkand

The first flag on the mec team again is a complete joke. Every corridor on the way to this is claymored, all ladders and stair cases on the flag too. Even if you do manage to get into the flag, in comes a sniper running with claymore in hand and throws it at you. I mean WTF???

Nightflight

Every single point in the map has claymores, If a flag is taken, the snipers spawn @ the next flag along the map and lay down another mass of the things. I have seen 10 and more claymores on a single point at times.

This excuse, you can only lay 2 at a time is nonsense.

1. With the ammount of people being killed by the things, your mines are destroying other players faster than you can lay them down.

2. Being able to then lay more mines and have the old ones disappear when u get support aid means you can always keep in front of the action and continue your lameness.

I for one have purchased all of the BF2 series (BF2, SF and EF) and am more than a little irratated that one of  my purchases is now virtually unplayable with any level of fairness on a number of maps due to these devices.

HELP E.A.!!!!!!
Kontrolfreq
+50|6602|Cambridge UK
OMFG, THOSE DAMN GUNS - it's so annoying when someone runs at you just shooting their gun!! They should be removed from the game completely!!!

Whatever... deal with it or avoid them, or maybe us snipers should put them in places where they aren't going to kill anyone, OMG a claymore at an entrance protecting a flag?? What a STUPID place to put it! What was I thinking?? lol.

OK that was quite harsh and I agree that they should be easier to destroy, but come on... you can't nerf every weapon that you happen to get killed a lot by...
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.

-fe.lep- wrote:

Claymores are destroying the entire game, I described it as a plague as that is exactly what they have become. 1.22 has seen a huge number of people migrate to the sniper class for these cheap and easy kills. They are not meant to be used as a primary weapon which 90% of people are now doing. They are meant to be used to cover a snipers ass.

Palace 2nd and 3rd floor on Warlord have become, just about, uncapable bases. If you corner a team with just those flags left with just 3 doorways that lead in or out you have half a dozen snipers and half a dozen support making themselves 100's of undeserved points.  The same goes for the T.V. station which is worse, there are only 2 ways in or out. This is obviously effecting the stats of all the players involved and is tantamount to stats padding. You can no longer play to win the game as it involves dying dozens of times on mines that cannot be removed and are not being used in the manor for which they were intended.
EASY. Either have a medic follow you up the stiars, reviving you, or be a medic, and revive. Someone has been lone wolfing me thinks.

-fe.lep- wrote:

Karkand

The first flag on the mec team again is a complete joke. Every corridor on the way to this is claymored, all ladders and stair cases on the flag too. Even if you do manage to get into the flag, in comes a sniper running with claymore in hand and throws it at you. I mean WTF???
Blow them up with rockets, and have a medic follow you, when the sniper chucks the clay, blow it up. However, you should be ok if you shoot him.

-fe.lep- wrote:

Nightflight

Every single point in the map has claymores, If a flag is taken, the snipers spawn @ the next flag along the map and lay down another mass of the things. I have seen 10 and more claymores on a single point at times.
LOL, yeah, so true that. I dont play night maps anymore

-fe.lep- wrote:

1. With the ammount of people being killed by the things, your mines are destroying other players faster than you can lay them down.

2. Being able to then lay more mines and have the old ones disappear when u get support aid means you can always keep in front of the action and continue your lameness.

I for one have purchased all of the BF2 series (BF2, SF and EF) and am more than a little irratated that one of  my purchases is now virtually unplayable with any level of fairness on a number of maps due to these devices.

HELP E.A.!!!!!!
Join squads.

Kontrolfreq wrote:

OMFG, THOSE DAMN GUNS - it's so annoying when someone runs at you just shooting their gun!! They should be removed from the game completely!!!

Whatever... deal with it or avoid them, or maybe us snipers should put them in places where they aren't going to kill anyone, OMG a claymore at an entrance protecting a flag?? What a STUPID place to put it! What was I thinking?? lol.

OK that was quite harsh and I agree that they should be easier to destroy, but come on... you can't nerf every weapon that you happen to get killed a lot by...
I think you should be able to destroy mines, but if you do, you die anyway, for your foolish attempt to defuse a mine with another form of explosive. The Claymores Ball bearings would fly eveywhere.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6722|Belgium
Just play in team, get a medic in your squad, someone runs into the claymore, let the medic revive, and voila..

Lets give spec op only one pack of C4. Give support only one nade etc..wtf

Noobs i love them. Got Claymores ?!
PunkX
stoned
+198|6621|Canada
Hahha..

One sniper and one support guy in the TV tower, NEVER captured
-fe.lep-
+8|6700

EASY. Either have a medic follow you up the stiars, reviving you, or be a medic, and revive. Someone has been lone wolfing me thinks.
ITS NOT EASY, my post makes NO MENTION of the stairs although they claymore those. It says the DOORS have become an impassable CHOKE POINT. Even if you made it up the stairs with the medic tactic you then get to the doors, they have multiple mines layed per door. So the first mine kills you, the second kills the medic if he survives the crossfire and the exploded mines are replaced before anyone else gets NEAR the doors, even with multiple medics and multiple attackers this approach fails a lot more than it will suceed. All the while the people involved, using the claymores for are getting a number of UNDESERVED kills and resupply points which can be looked upon as nothing less than stats padding. They are also renderering The map unplayable. This is not like the case of the over powered PKM when people were getting shot a bit more, This is a case of my purchase being made less usable by this rediculous weapon and its usage to stats pad support and sniper scores..........

Karkand

Blow them up with rockets, and have a medic follow you, when the sniper chucks the clay, blow it up. However, you should be ok if you shoot him.
Blow them up with rockets? all 20 of them? Get a medic to help and when he tries to medic you he gets killed by the claymores as well??, The claymore is ment to be used as a covering device for snipers on top of buildings, watertowers etc, NOT to erect an impassable barrier to game play when used as a primary weapon............

Nightflight

LOL, yeah, so true that. I dont play night maps anymore
You dont play much specials forces fullstop The Iron Gator 00:01:14 : Night Flight 00:40:20 : Warlord 04:57:41 : Leviathan 00:37:24 : Mass Destruction 00:00:00 : Surge 01:09:47 But this Issue is not only special forces related, This is across all 3 of E.A's Offerings (BF2 , SF and EF)

HELP E.A.!!!!!!
Join squads.
ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH JOINING SQUADS I've been in squads 2.6 times longer than you have played the entire game squaded, lonewolf and commander combined. With the maps designs being what they are the over use of claymores as a PRIMARY WEAPON is making them unplayable as I have very clearly explained.

Kontrolfreq wrote:

OMFG, THOSE DAMN GUNS -
Yes because claymores are actually listed as guns on the stats page. I guessed I must of missed that...............................

Last edited by -fe.lep- (2006-03-30 04:34:18)

[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6758
Why is it that whenever somebody gets killed by a weapon a few times, instead of figuring out how to *gasp* COUNTER it, they come and whine on a forum?  More importantly, the WRONG FORUM.  This is BF2-Chatter.  There is a section below this one on the index page called BF2-Complain.  That's where this belongs.

It all comes down to this.  If you're unhappy with BF2, stop playing.  Yes, you heard me.  Turn off BF2, shut down the computer, get up, and take a walk outside.  It's not that hard.  Really.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2006-03-30 04:44:22)

-fe.lep-
+8|6700
Why is it that whenever somebody gets killed by a weapon a few times, instead of figuring out how to *gasp* COUNTER it, they come and whine on a forum?
It cant be countered without an unfair penalty on the players stats involved, try reading my posts, Im very specific..................

More importantly, the WRONG FORUM.  This is BF2-Chatter.
Im very aware of what forum this is. I emailed E.A. to complain, I put this post in this forum for general debate and CHATTER

There is a section below this one on the index page called BF2-Complain.  That's where this belongs.
I dont need to complain on www.bf2s.com about a purchase I made from E.A. and DICE. This belongs where I damn well put it. Its called freedom of speech and choice. I wanted it here so its here. You dont get to pick.

It all comes down to this.  If you're unhappy with BF2, stop playing.  Yes, you heard me.  Turn off BF2, shut down the computer, get up, and take a walk outside.  It's not that hard.  Really.
If you want to take that option if you are unhappy, fine, its your choice, just you work away, I will however continue with my course of action which is to post here and spur debate. Really.

k tnx bye

Last edited by -fe.lep- (2006-03-30 05:05:15)

bingobones
+6|6722|London, UK
its just these whiney children complaining about having 2 claymores OMG!

and the PKM - OMG it can actually shoot now!

c4 - omg people are using it quite cleverly and i am getting killed a lot! let me complain to EA!

ur just noobs really - stop complaining and play the game - if you dont like it sell it here: www.ebay.com

now stop whining.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6760
its really simple return the friendly fire and the fucktards that use them for flags defense will get mass tks and shit will return to how its supposed to be

fuckers ruin the game and of all the things supposed to be in the patch still arent in it .. other than the pkm of course
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6646|South Korea.
-fe.lep- over-exaggerated the fact that he gets pwnt by clays. Which is funny because it says he has only died 65 times from a claymore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard