Xaritix
Banned
+1|6633|Somewhere near Beverly Hills
This is a MOD idea Idea I had, heres the storyline:

In 2010, tensions are growing between the United Kingdom and the IRA (Irish Republican Army) over Irish representation in Parliment.  The IRA gets even more angry, so they storm the capital of Dublin, and makes allies in Iceland, Denmark, and Norway, Denmark and Norway defect from the European Union, NATO powers in North America stay out of this war (Especially Canada) because of Danish military installations in nearby Greenland.  Ireland, Denmark, and Norway form the North Atlantic Alliance (NAA), this is in response to the European Union drafting EU citizens during World War III, England is on its own during this, except for their commonwealths, and France (Whooo! big help).  The UN later decides to help out after pro-MEC feelings among the NAA, which they feared, as the MEC was forcing its way up caucasia and greece.  Who Will win this war? I don't give a crap personally, you decide...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sides and teams:

Allies:

England
France
UN Troops

NAA:

IRA Insurgentsy
Denmark
Norway
Iceland

PM any info you need for a MOD team, my map editor dosn't work so I'll just supply ideas and information
https://www.slibe.com/images/10f5fbb1-Irish_Dawn-map_J.jpg
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
sounds like a good idea to me
chitlin
Banned
+36|6771
if you combine the fighting prowess of the countries of ireland denmark norway and greenland youll get the boxing equivalent of gary coleman
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653
I dont think U.S company would like having not a U.S team, U.S is part of UN but since game is designed in U.S. the designers would want a U.S. team.....anyways nice idea sounds interesting
Xaritix
Banned
Its for a MOD, not an actual game, but we can leave out the UN thing, and it ties into the BF2 storyline

I just like the UN flag and blue berets, a UN team would be cool!

Last edited by Xaritix (2006-03-29 22:19:52)

wicked289
+0|6708|riverside, ca
I like the idea. IRA ftw.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6660
It just seems a tad bit unrealistic, the whole mec etc thing in BF2 is at least partially believable. (well, you do need to stretch your imagination a bit that the middle east could actually unify for a second)

I personally think we should see a mod in the lines of WW3 in Europe, something like Red Storm Rising. A what if the Soviet Union didn't collapse kind of thing.
MelbourneVictory
+2|6654|Melbourne, Australia

blademaster wrote:

I dont think U.S company would like having not a U.S team, U.S is part of UN but since game is designed in U.S. the designers would want a U.S. team.....anyways nice idea sounds interesting
Yes, it would be lovely to see the U.S excluded from SOMETHING!
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6718|Germany
That is a great idea !
And maybe we could finally add some femal soldiers !

All of them with long blond hair, a handbag with a dog in it and they are able to kill other soldiers just with the terrible sound of their stupid, senseless giggeling ! Awesome !

How´s about that Xaritix ?

(Sorry, but you had that coming)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6657|Hong Kong
wow cant wait! good idea

when it comes out give us the download website
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6657|South Korea.
As bad as the already existing storyline with America and China. Sorry.
$kelet0r
+16|6691

wicked289 wrote:

eh no IRA FTL - traitorous terrorist scum the lot of them
only an idiot would say something stupid like that
sheggalism
+16|6750|France
Too bad IRA no longer exists ! Norway isn't part of the EU, is it ? by the way Danish forces + Norway forces + Ireland forces + Iceland forces = not even the equivalent of UK or French forces, let alone Spain's or Italy's.

A UN army is a very good idea with too often forgotten countries like Japan, South Korea, South Africa, Australia, India, Israel or Brazil.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6779|Rotherham, England
IRA would win with France on the Allies side!!
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6612
woot! Fighting Irish!!
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Xaritix - It's creative.  But other than new skins & new maps, it's kind of the same as the Spez vs the Rebels, yes?  Any interesting new weapons?  Vehicles?  Equipment?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652

chitlin wrote:

if you combine the fighting prowess of the countries of ireland denmark norway and greenland youll get the boxing equivalent of gary coleman
holy fuck that was funny
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6641|Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

chitlin wrote:

holy fuck that was funny
Word. That needs to be in someones sig.... though I heard gary coleman plays BF2 and may actually be on this board.... good thing he's like 2 foot tall.
Xaritix
Banned

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Xaritix - It's creative.  But other than new skins & new maps, it's kind of the same as the Spez vs the Rebels, yes?  Any interesting new weapons?  Vehicles?  Equipment?
Heres the whole deal for weapons and maps and such, but first, with all the sides, I think it should be a BF1942 MOD, because they have a lot of sides, heres the weapons and stuff:

IRA Insurgents: old AK weapons, such as the AK-47 and the RPG-7, the SVD sniper rifle, but we'll ad a few other weapons considering how its in 2010

Britian: Euro Force type weapons like the L85A2 and L96A1, just changed a little bit

NAA: Composed of former NATO members, the NAA will have things like the M16 and M5, but I see them having made up kinda weapons like a weapon I call the M16A3 or the below weapon Pic link.  Or even some other weapons, refer to this post for possible weapons: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=15247&p=1

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm or at least integrate it into the game

UN: US weapon configs

France: Euro Force Weapons, especially the FAMAS

As for Vehicles, we can just use regular BF2 ones, because its 2010, not 3010! lol.  But they all will probably have the M1A2, except the IRA insurgents

The regular versus configuration for maps will be:

IRA vs Britian
UN vs NAA
France vs IRA
Britian vs NAA
and on one map have an [Allie] vs [Allie] like the Ghost town Spetz vs SAS map in SF

I can PM any MOD team the basic details on the maps, or I can just post them

Does anybody have a MOD team I can submit my ideas to?

We can get rid of France if you want, they'd give up anyway lol

Last edited by Xaritix (2006-03-30 12:45:17)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
Equipment should not be old Russian guns, you should include mostly European guns. FN Herstal, H&K, Fabrique National, etc.
Xaritix
Banned
Good idea Superior Mind, find some first and post the pics and I'll consider it

But Norway is right next to russia, and rebels and insurgents typically have AKs and stuff

OK, add the damn AK-101
$kelet0r
+16|6691
I can't believe I'm reading this thread - I mean fuck
It speaks volumes that the people posting here are not from either the UK or Ireland, the outrage would be deafening and with very good reason. How many of you Americans would be willing to make a mod of Al Qaeda vs the US with such truly awesome maps as Twin Towers and Flight 93? It is truly disturbing how disgustingly naive most of you are.
Xaritix
Banned
I am sorry It offends you, but there are some people who were offended by BF2 and BFV, but I assure you, this is purely fictional and probably will never happen, heck, the IRA isn't even active any more

I will make sure that no nationality will be treated like the bad guys, and if you wan't I can make all the maps take place in places like Iceland or the Netherlands or something

Please, $kelet0r, submit a way this won't offend you without changing the storyline, I appologize for offending you, that wasn't my original intention
Chowley
+1|6694|Ireland

$kelet0r wrote:

wicked289 wrote:

eh no IRA FTL - traitorous terrorist scum the lot of them
only an idiot would say something stupid like that
Wouldnt we be part of britain still without them, granted current IRA i dont have any love for their methods. But 1921 would just be another year if it wasnt for them.
Chowley
+1|6694|Ireland

Xaritix wrote:

This is a MOD idea Idea I had, heres the storyline:

In 2010, tensions are growing between the United Kingdom and the IRA (Irish Republican Army) over Irish representation in Parliment.  The IRA gets even more angry, so they storm the capital of Dublin, and makes allies in Iceland, Denmark, and Norway, Denmark and Norway defect from the European Union, NATO powers in North America stay out of this war (Especially Canada) because of Danish military installations in nearby Greenland.  Ireland, Denmark, and Norway form the North Atlantic Alliance (NAA), this is in response to the European Union drafting EU citizens during World War III, England is on its own during this, except for their commonwealths, and France (Whooo! big help).  The UN later decides to help out after pro-MEC feelings among the NAA, which they feared, as the MEC was forcing its way up caucasia and greece.  Who Will win this war? I don't give a crap personally, you decide...
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sides and teams:

Allies:

England
France
UN Troops

NAA:

IRA Insurgentsy
Denmark
Norway
Iceland

PM any info you need for a MOD team, my map editor dosn't work so I'll just supply ideas and information
http://www.slibe.com/images/10f5fbb1-Ir … -map_J.jpg
I would play it I guess. I love modern warfare style games and something different is good. But your suggestion of AKs etc while probably fairly accurate, would be more of the same really. Maybe set it further in the future, have a look at the weapons available in Rising Conflicts mod that the timeline has allowed them to use. Add Cork City to that map too while your at it . So much happened in the city in the past.

Anyway theres big novelty factor to it, the idea makes me chuckle.

Skeletor seriously you need to lighten up. If your going on about people being offended, then Chinese and Middle Eastern people could get their backs up over BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard