SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6756|Perth, Western Australia
Alright, uv just had an awesomely good round, racked up lots of points, and think that "gee when i get to the next rank and get the prized weapon that i so adore things will be pretty good", only to see stat padders and bh and bomber whore the next round that are gunnery sgts and tk for bombers and places in choppers. It just instills a feeling of despair, u feel that it is all for nothing, that maybe u should join their rankks to get to the next level.

Maybe EA has shot itself in the foot with the ranking system.
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
I personally love the ranking system. It gives you an incentive to keep playing, to strive. Yeah, these padders and such are getting their unlocks at ungodly rates, but let me ask you this...do they know the ins and outs of the kits? Do they know how to properly maximize their effectiveness? Chances are...no. So they unlock all these weapons, and can walk around claiming 'uber 1337-ness' But in all actuality, they are denying themselves a great system of advancement built into the game. Hell, I'd like to see more things that are unlockable in the game, like binoculars, and such...but thats on another thread somewhere else.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I agree that it is at an epidemic level, but keep hope. Soon enough the patch will screw those point whoring bastards and intentional TKers and the only ones left playing will be the hardcore legit people. Keep on keepin on.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Just like blue and miakei said. Stat padders only really know how to rack up points being stat padders. Many of them do not know how to really do well with all kits. They are very much specialized. When padding is hard to do and they find they have to actually start being more skilled at combat to achieve points then you will see who is better and who is not. Those of use whose points reflect good combat skills will win over in the long run. This is a marathon and those that can sprint well won't make it to the finish line very easily. No matter their rank.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6811
I most definately agree with Blue and Miakei.  They can't cut shit when it all comes down to it. Stat padders and and Glitch abusers and Noob Tube whores all have one thing in common.  They only know how to things the easy lameass way.  Sucks for them when they run out of what they need or there is no one to help them pad everything.  They are going to find out the wrong way that it isn't so easy....
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
Im not saying id stop, i just say to myself, "well, its just a gamne, let them have it. But it will feel like an achievment when i do get to the next rank". Only 5900 pts left....
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
Sharky, to give you an example...check your score versus mine...

My Global is         3,837
Time Played         69:57:48

I'm the one who should be feeling hopeless.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Miakei wrote:

not to be nosy, but why not just put your stats in your sig? it's cool if you don't want to, but i would get tired of having to either announce my PID/nick or give out my stats on the forums. if you don't know how, it's real easy.
just go to the bottom where you see the BB code of the stats and click on which ever sections you want. it will open up the actual code. simply cut and paste the codes into your sig under the personality section. it may take a little tweaking, but you'll catch you quick. i'm sure you probably already knew how to do all this miakei, but i was just makin conversation.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

Miakei wrote:

not to be nosy, but why not just put your stats in your sig? it's cool if you don't want to, but i would get tired of having to either announce my PID/nick or give out my stats on the forums. if you don't know how, it's real easy.
just go to the bottom where you see the BB code of the stats and click on which ever sections you want. it will open up the actual code. simply cut and paste the codes into your sig under the personality section. it may take a little tweaking, but you'll catch you quick. i'm sure you probably already knew how to do all this miakei, but i was just makin conversation.
I don't because I don't care about the stats.  I really enjoy the game, stats not with standing.  Very few things about the game even remotely annoy me and most of that is the other jackasses playing the game.
thinner44
+1|6780

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Alright, uv just had an awesomely good round, racked up lots of points, and think that "gee when i get to the next rank and get the prized weapon that i so adore things will be pretty good", only to see stat padders and bh and bomber whore the next round that are gunnery sgts and tk for bombers and places in choppers. It just instills a feeling of despair, u feel that it is all for nothing, that maybe u should join their rankks to get to the next level.

Maybe EA has shot itself in the foot with the ranking system.
Sharky, your signature line says it all.... and padding isn't style. . Go for the long haul, you'll feel like you've achieved something rather than cheat and exploit your way through.... From a 'feeling of hopelessness', to a feeling of greatness, there's nothing better
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
Im sorry to say it happened again, and it was a guy called Dan_the_man_bf2. Had a decent round on Dragon Valey, finally learnt how to fly proficiently with the help of a joystick, only to see at the end that he had 385 pts, and the next rnd he ADMITTED to point farming, and we allshouted at him and couldnt get anyone to kick, or find an admin. I look at his stats and see that he is rather high up relatively. Jeez, i felt mad
Miakei
+1|6793|Los Angeles, CA
Actually, when it comes to HTML and web stuff, I'm a bit retarded. Web sites are a total alien thing to me. I can't even get my Myspace website to look decent.

I wish I knew Java and such, but I don't have the time to.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6807
Aw those threads are soo old and boring.. i've heard enough about stat padders etc... just look at your own play and don't moan about the others, it's theior way they do.
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6811

Miakei wrote:

Actually, when it comes to HTML and web stuff, I'm a bit retarded. Web sites are a total alien thing to me. I can't even get my Myspace website to look decent.

I wish I knew Java and such, but I don't have the time to.
lol I can't get my myspace to look decent either, I want a cool background www.myspace.com/madrhetoric04
The Soup Nazi
+18|6758|North Lauderdale, FL
I know that this may rub some of you guys the wrong way, but here's my take on the whole point farming thing.

Personally, I don't care what people do to exploit or achieve a massively huge amount of points in a video game.  Nor do I care about getting spawn killed over and over at an uncapturable base.  In the end, it's just a game.  Just because they make Gunnery Sargeant in Battlefield 2 doesn't make them successful in life.  ...nor does it get them all the ladies...

I just play well enough and long enough to get my weapon unlocks and then I just enjoy the game for what it is- a game.  I suggest you guys here (who are all uptight about stats padders, etc) to do the same.  No amount of points, ranks, ribbons, etc. are ever going to get you anywhere in the real world. 

5 years later at a job interview: 
Interviewer:  "What would you say is your biggest accomplishment in the past 5 years?"
Stats Padder:  "Well, I made Gunnery Sargeant in Battlefield 2 in less than 4 months!"
Interviewer:  "Uhh, yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and think about the relevance of that for this job opening."

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2005-10-02 15:46:41)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

*laughs* Soup Nazi's got a good point there. BUt games do play larger and larger roles in our life. For example, i've been competitively gaming for 4 years already, BF2 is a good change to help me unwind etc etc instead of mindless fragging (see: Quake 3, UT). But seeing padders etc. just REALLY spoils your day. I was on kubra dam across the weekend, I noticed this jackass racking up knife kills. Like what, 1 every 2 second?

So i zoomed in onto him and realized there were 3 men there:

Knife Dude,
Medic
Another DUde.

It was a pretty good round for me, I ended with 70 or so points, but the knife guy? He ended with 160 points. That really really blew my day.
thinner44
+1|6780
The Soup Nazi  is dead right, I've said it a few times within these forums. Let people play how they want to play, it doesn't matter who's at the top or how he got there, it's just a game. Ok I can see it's frustrating when someone's being an obvious padder, but I can also see it's a very boring way of playing a game... and if you're not going to play it to enjoy it, why bother at all.

It's for fun, enjoy yourself.

pssst..... stat padders, I've changed teams a couple of times, gone to their location and blew them off the map... Now that's fun
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6811
Im not going to worry about Stat padding now...My clan just got a server in which I happen to be an admin of. I see any padding I just boot their ass and tell em to do it elsewhere.  They do it three times and they get banned, Im too nice and forgiving

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard