BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6747|Rochester, NY
I was playing it today and I found out that the changes for the PKM and the MG36 made little effect. I still got kills effectively with it and even got owned a lot with it by others. Really there was barely a change made. So the support kits are still in bay. Just to let you all know.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6647|Tasmania
Instead of two of every three shots landing right where you point it now seems to be around 1 in 4.

I'm happy with this. It's still an effective weapon but it's no longer a sniping weapon. Perhaps we'll now see support acting as.. well.. support.

I know support was my favourite kit (got the pkm two days ago) so I'll miss the accuracy of it. I'll try my hand at specops or engi now.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6788|Canada, Ont
Its used more Defensively then Offensively. As once you go prone there is a Delay before its accurate as a Sniper Rifle again...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

Instead of two of every three shots landing right where you point it now seems to be around 1 in 4.

I'm happy with this. It's still an effective weapon but it's no longer a sniping weapon. Perhaps we'll now see support acting as.. well.. support.

I know support was my favourite kit (got the pkm two days ago) so I'll miss the accuracy of it. I'll try my hand at specops or engi now.
Actually, you're wrong.  I sniped 3 enemies today from 50 m.  It's practically the same... in fact, I cannot say I notice ANYTHING different with the PKM.  Didn't have a chance to try out the MG36.  The P90 was changed for the better, it finally feels and plays like a submachinegun.   It's pretty effective at close range
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6647|Tasmania

Spearhead wrote:

Actually, you're wrong.
I am glad that you are lord and master of my (previously subjective) perceptions. The diminished personal responsibility is like a weight lifted from my shoulders.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6646|Floriduh

Spearhead wrote:

I sniped 3 enemies today from 50 m.
Wow... 50 meters eh? you realize that's roughly 150 feet, and not that far at all? I guess you could say i snipe people with my pistol from that distance then...
Kontrolfreq
+50|6622|Cambridge UK

Thumper04 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I sniped 3 enemies today from 50 m.
Wow... 50 meters eh? you realize that's roughly 150 feet, and not that far at all? I guess you could say i snipe people with my pistol from that distance then...
Tuchet! Try sniping at 150m with a PKM, THEN compare it to a M95 - snipers forever!
Electrolux
+2|6720
Should I get the patch? I mean if the PKM isn't changed (much) then I should get it right?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6768
you should get the patch just for the fact that everyone is going to get it. The majority of servers are going to be running at version 1.22, so if you do not patch your game, then there will be less servers to play on.
$kelet0r
+16|6699
i think the patch done good - only minor but satisfactory tweaking
the support weapons are now all in line, the pkm is no longer a sniper rifle and it is still a lethal weapon when prone like the default support weapons
only bug so far is that the P90 sound was not updated to 900rpm
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6730|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
did anyone notice that they fixed the retical?  when you go prone it dosn't take forever to shrink down like it used to.  the dev is only changed slightly 'cause i was snipin snipers on sharki (or however you spell that map) from the crane when they were on the buildings by the point at the top, I forgot the damn name.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6715
its more realistic now. You can land a sniper shot if you single shot a couple times but it takes skill to mow down players now.
ssj3barua
+55|6706|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.

lordgeno wrote:

'cause i was snipin snipers
HAHA I love that!
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6775|06-01

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

hey man, think i have seen you around the game arena servers.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6804|Bulgaria
actually if there are changes, they are minor... I find the patch a bit pointless.
SamuraiDogg
+2|6635|Germany | Nationality Turkish
My opinion is, that the LMGs are still a little bit to accurate.  What I wish is, that they make the Assault Kit guns a spot of more accurate. Even though thx to make the PKM and MG36 more balanced.

Last edited by SamuraiDogg (2006-04-01 04:28:46)

Fretzli
+10|6660|Switzerland

SamuraiDogg wrote:

My opinion is, that the LMGs are still a little bit to accurate.  What I wish is, that they make the Assault Kit guns a spot of more accurate. Even though thx to make the PKM and MG36 more balanced.
USMC aussault is more accurate than the PKM
Fragboy
+9|6618|Massachusetts, USA
I havent noticed much of a difference with the patch at all.
WEPKabal
+7|6619|NB, Canada

Fragboy wrote:

I havent noticed much of a difference with the patch at all.
Meee neither.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6653|Prolly on wake.
I like the change in the accuracy, but the delay was overkill IMO. Didnt need it to balance things out, but as they do with every other change they over did it. All in all I'll still play support just will have to deal with only getting kills that I get the drop on the other guy cause with that gimpy delay yer not gonna win any deuls.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6744

SamuraiDogg wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the assult guns. The G3 is perfect imo. The only assult gun that needs tweaking is the F2000.
persnickadee
+0|6678
the support chngs are to elimante the exploits DIVING PRONE and still shootn from the hip aint kewl
but the gun still has deadly effectiveness just got to adapt i was trying it out to see if it was nerfd and its all good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard