USDelta
+0|6603|Illinois
I have been thinking of ways to improve this game for quite some time now and I have come up with some minor things including adding the "Little Bird" helicopter. If introduced, the "Little Bird" should be used for troop transport mainly, but for some maps, excluding Karkand,  I believe they would work great as a small attack helicopter with mounted 30mm cannons or 2.75" rockets. There are so many different variables when it comes to using the "Little Bird" which makes me believe the introduction of one in BF2 would be a great idea. This would be a quick and easy way to transport a pilot, co-pilot, and 2 guys sitting on each outter bench. When armed, only a pilot and perhaps a co-pilot will be able to enter the vehicle as the outside benches will be removed. Just a thought.... lets hear some of your thoughts.

Last edited by USDelta (2006-03-28 09:39:39)

section9
+9|6845|USA
Sounds great but they won't add it.
Freshmetal
+0|6658
I like the idear. Its a faster transpotrt helo, k00l!

section9 wrote:

Sounds great but they won't add it.
Why not?
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6644
go onto total bf2 and look for the new armoured fury vehicles, i think there is something to your description
mcgregorslo
+2|6604|Slovenia
little bird u described was/is used in battlefield vietnam...
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6665|Austin, TX

I 100% agree. The AH-6 needs to be in BF2 but I don't see it happening. If anything the AH-6 needs to be added to Special Forces.
/me thinks of Black Hawk Down scenes
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
PRiMACORD
+190|6622|Home of the Escalade Herds
Love it but won't happen.

BTW it's already in a mod called Project Reality, i play it sometimes and it's pretty cool.
tF-afrojap
+124|6844|SF
I can see it now.. little birds will be the new jihad jeeps, but with wings!
Helmet1
+0|6622|Utah
Would be pretty cool.  Also need some type of armoured boat.  Maybe even just a PBR, something better thatn those POS inflatables.
E^9.Guarnere
+1|6687

mcgregorslo wrote:

nope that was a Loach and it had M-60s not 30 mm cannos liek the new ones do :-) and they realy need to add this but it would be across a map faster than an attack heli:-) good idea i hopethey dd it
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6753|United States of America
Chinooks would be cool to have and lug around hummmers and such. Like On Joint Operations.
The_Fighting_69th
Combat medic
+6|6750

E^9.Guarnere wrote:

mcgregorslo wrote:

nope that was a Loach and it had M-60s not 30 mm cannos liek the new ones do :-) and they realy need to add this but it would be across a map faster than an attack heli:-) good idea i hopethey dd it
The loach was basically the same airframe (the MD500) as the AH6.  Also I believe AH6s have 7.62 miniguns not 30mm...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

tF-afrojap wrote:

I can see it now.. little birds will be the new jihad jeeps, but with wings!
Older brother does that with the Chinese transport Chopper (Cow) on Wake for laughs... Good fun playing with him, gets rid of tanks fast.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

mcgregorslo wrote:

...but wasn't seen on the majority of flying maps. A pity, really. It was fun.
bgthigfist
+0|6802
Yeah, let's take a great infantry map like Karkand and add an attack chopper so the helo whores can rule there too.....Bleh..
Rhodsie
+0|6595

USDelta wrote:

I have been thinking of ways to improve this game for quite some time now and I have come up with some minor things including adding the "Little Bird" helicopter. If introduced, the "Little Bird" should be used for troop transport mainly, but for some maps, excluding Karkand,  I believe they would work great as a small attack helicopter with mounted 30mm cannons or 2.75" rockets. There are so many different variables when it comes to using the "Little Bird" which makes me believe the introduction of one in BF2 would be a great idea. This would be a quick and easy way to transport a pilot, co-pilot, and 2 guys sitting on each outter bench. When armed, only a pilot and perhaps a co-pilot will be able to enter the vehicle as the outside benches will be removed. Just a thought.... lets hear some of your thoughts.
first of all it would be ok on infantry only maps to have the transport version. the transport version holds six people though not four. pilot, co-pilot, two people on each bench. scrap the rockets on armed version for four fixed 7.62 X 51mm mini-guns. in battlefield desert combat the rockets sucked and were only useful for lightly armored vehicles. the mini-guns however could also kill those vehicles plus mowed troops. they could double the ammo in the guns if the rockets were left out. i think the little bird/ah-6 would add a much needed close combat anti infantry air role to the game. the health should be lowered though to only take one missile hit or be downed with much less machine gun fire, since ah-6's are not combat enhanced like the cobra or apache. these could also make mobile sniper platforms if the pilots didn't suck. if they made them easily shot down people in tanks or apc's could prevent helo whoring. the pilot would have to watch out for enemies much more with the lack of anti-tank capability.

Last edited by Rhodsie (2006-04-04 15:57:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

bgthigfist wrote:

Yeah, let's take a great infantry map like Karkand and add an attack chopper so the helo whores can rule there too.....Bleh..
Um. No. It would most likely be given its own maps, like in BFV. And no, choppers are not the kings of BF. I can shoot down any passing aircraft with an AT kit, and even more often if one of my buddies is too.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-04 22:17:31)

l41e
+677|6645

Make it so it gets killed with one AA/AT shot?
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6634|Westminster, California
I like the idea of a commander controlled UAV, like the helocopter based ones used now, in the real world. It could have a t.v guided tow and provide real time ground camera view. I really like playing commander but just having the map to look at is kinda lame. Its why a lot of commanders can't resist using armor.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard