dubbs
+105|6642|Lexington, KY

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

[iLL]h8+ wrote:

I refused to be a bunny hopping noob toober, I refused to be a PKM lamer, so I do not know how much it changed, but it will be nice to not die by a guy bouncing all over or laying down with the most accurate gun in the game.

Whatever, they still need to fix the RED NAME. I dont know about you guys but I think C4 should be able to toss at least 5 feet instead of this 3 ft crap.  The TV missles still need more nerfing if you ask me and the Heat signatures on the planes need to be higher.  Jets can still own all game with no problems.
Hey, I agree with the C4. You can jump and throw grenades, but not C4 ? The TV missiles need to have more time before they detonate still, and planes are fine the way they are. I used to apparently you can still dolphin dive anyway =\. The game becomes less and less appealing with each patch, not that DICE or EA hear these complaints.
You can still Dolphin Dive, it is just harder to do so.  I was testing this theory after the 1.2 patch, and everyone around me started to do the same, there were about 4 or 5 of us doing it.  It just is harder to do since 1.2 patch.  The only problem I have with the C4 patch was it was becoming the next n00b way of playing.  Instead of actually fighting with a gun, the person would hop and throw the C4 at you to kill you.  The thing I miss the most about jumping and throwing C4 is C4ing a flag so I could blow up helos that hover to low.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6732|Sydney, Australia

Official News wrote:

[Link]

- Increased rpm from 600 to 900 on the P90
P90 rate of fire increase... god dam it!. I just chose the MP7 over the P90 mainly cause of the different ROF.
ntberry1037
+0|6723
What's the difference between the incremental and full patch? Do you need to download both?
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6831|Belgium

@ntberry1037

Depends...
Incremental is just to go from 1.21 to 1.22
full patch will bring you from ground zero all the way up to 1.22 in one go. Basically the incremental is for those who have the latest patch installed and don't need all previous changes.

Cheers,
R
vonSteuben
+3|6713|Essen - Germany
Glad to hear that the PKM is toned down again. I was mainly supporter before they gave the PKM the power-up and had a bad time playing with it after the patch, since everyone was running around with it and I didn't want to look like a player who will pick the "best" weapon as a flavour of the month class.
It went so far that I even chose different kits just to be not a supporter.

Now I can go back to my beloved supporter class again without feeling too bad

Since I am still at work, can somebody explain the changes for me?
Does this slower aiming reticule mean that once you get prone you need to wait longer for the crosshairs to come together again? This would be perfect for the support class, since it is not an assault weapon and running up front, proning and killing the enemy is not a supporter's job (imho). Going prone, waiting a bit and giving covering fire (being able to take enemies out then of course, not like before the patches when you just sprayed a huge area) is the supporter's role. And handing out ammo of course

Not being able to snipe with the PKM is fine with me as well, as long as you still have a fair chance to take someone out at medium to close range with the LMG (or did they screw up the spray area of the bullets again?)

See ya,
vonSteuben
InnerMonkey
+62|6729
I started playing for my vet suppport badge before the 1.2 patch.  It was weird how many support people there suddenly were.  I liked  the class, but haven't played it much since 1/3 or more of every served seemed to be that kit.  I will indeed be nice to play it and not feel like a whore again.
KristianSax
+0|6734
After 1.22 the servers are no longer letting me in and say that I have modified game content. Anyone come accross that one? Also the number of servers has decreased dramatically and the whole of my favourites has turned red ... is it really so that most have remained with 1.21?

I agree with the ones before me regarding support class ... 1.2 put shame on the class. PCWs are now held with a "no support" clause.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK

KristianSax wrote:

After 1.22 the servers are no longer letting me in and say that I have modified game content. Anyone come accross that one? Also the number of servers has decreased dramatically and the whole of my favourites has turned red ... is it really so that most have remained with 1.21?

I agree with the ones before me regarding support class ... 1.2 put shame on the class. PCWs are now held with a "no support" clause.
Ah, now I had this problem! Couldn't find a solution to it, so you have to uninstall everything, reinstall everything and then (and only then) do you patch it. If you are installing BF2: SF, then you have to install incremental patches 1.12, 1.2, 1.21 and finally 1.22. This is because SF installs 1.1 when itself is installed.

Hope this helps you out enough,
TheDarkRaven
[RDW]Michslpgt
+0|6711|Michigan, USA

vonSteuben wrote:

Glad to hear that the PKM is toned down again. I was mainly supporter before they gave the PKM the power-up and had a bad time playing with it after the patch, since everyone was running around with it and I didn't want to look like a player who will pick the "best" weapon as a flavour of the month class.
It went so far that I even chose different kits just to be not a supporter.

Now I can go back to my beloved supporter class again without feeling too bad

Since I am still at work, can somebody explain the changes for me?
Does this slower aiming reticule mean that once you get prone you need to wait longer for the crosshairs to come together again? This would be perfect for the support class, since it is not an assault weapon and running up front, proning and killing the enemy is not a supporter's job (imho). Going prone, waiting a bit and giving covering fire (being able to take enemies out then of course, not like before the patches when you just sprayed a huge area) is the supporter's role. And handing out ammo of course

Not being able to snipe with the PKM is fine with me as well, as long as you still have a fair chance to take someone out at medium to close range with the LMG (or did they screw up the spray area of the bullets again?)

See ya,
vonSteuben
Exactly what I thought too.  I am primarilly a support player.  When 1.21 came out, it made it too damn easy.  PKM was 'the new sniper rifle'.  I was always fighting to play a different kit.  Whenever you'd look up in the top left corner, you would see everyone using the PKM.  Im glad its been toned down.  It was way too overpowering. 

Evan
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6638|The Netherlands
too  bad you still cant grab your pistal while running
liquidsapper916
+0|6611
I downloaded the full version of 1.22, It works with orginal BF2 and with Special forces but i haven't been able to play Euro forces at all since the download. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Liquidsapper
mcminty
---Mayday Mayday Mayday, Mcminty is declaring an emergency, over...---

I just tried to install the 1.22 incrimental patch, but my shitbox crashed when it was a 70%.

Initially I had:
-BF2
-BF2:SF
-patch 1.21

Now if I try and click on the 1.22 incrimental patch it sais "you need version 1.21".

I thought to myself "why not try play BF2", so I got on ok and loaded up a server, when I was hit with:

"modified content, please revert to the official version of Battlefield"

So if anyone can shead some light to what the fuck that means, thanks. I'll be playing some single player while I download the 1.22 full patch, incase any drastic shit has to happen.
GrmRprRG
+0|6626
I've not had any problems with either 1.21 or 1.22 (incremental), other than my lack of patience in the game with bunny hoppers and suicidal noob pilots.  I did notice the reduction in the PKM accuracy immediately.  I found a sniper hiding in the shadows in the back of a shed and blasted away at nearly point blank range in crouch and still got knifed for my trouble.  I know it's an area supression weapon, not a sniper rifle, but come on... at that range someone would HAVE to be dead taking that many rounds in the chest.

Still, I love playing the Support class: pinning down the enemy, doling out reloads, and even spooking helos (yeah, but check out my death rate)!

I've played BF2, SF, and EuroForces with no problems since I installed 1.22 and most of my favorite servers updated.  I can't imagine what kind of buggy install sequence happened to clobber so many folks.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the health of any future patches.  Usually I'm the one who gets nailed with screwed up game patch installs.
soad1583
+1|6644
I installed the incremental 1.22 patch when it first came out.  Since then I have been able to play on servers, but it only lists 40 at most whereas before i'd get hundreds.  Have most servers just not upgraded yet or will I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again?
GrmRprRG
+0|6626

soad1583 wrote:

I installed the incremental 1.22 patch when it first came out.  Since then I have been able to play on servers, but it only lists 40 at most whereas before i'd get hundreds.  Have most servers just not upgraded yet or will I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again?
Dunno if you'd have to do anything that drastic, especially if you're seeing servers and able to play on them successfully.  Have you checked to se if your filters are the same as they were before?  I've noticed that I used to get 800-1000 servers listed, but now there are about 400-500 I can see with my current filter settings.  Most of my favorites have switched over, but some probably hang onto the last patch for a while to see what shakes out.
soad1583
+1|6644
I checked my filters and they haven't been changed.  When I unclicked the same version filter I got over 600 server results.  But when it is turned on to the same version as my own, I get very little.  Today I only got 13 servers from my search.
Gooey
+6|6609|England
I like the idea of these small hotfixes, I wouldn't have wanted to wait for 1.3 from 1.2 it was far too buggy. They have obviously started listening to the community a little more. They may have found the issue for the redtag bug whilst making 2142 and so that might be fixed in 1.3 this may be a hefty task, however. Also graphically they could give us '42's sexy dynamic shadows and not BF2s jagged ones.

If we see a 1.23 I personally think it should address the following:

- No TK's with M95 from vehicles.
- TV Missiles going through objects.
- Fix glitches with Medic's saying Clear! Clear! Clear!... and the ShockPaddles not loading properly after use. Also this happens when throwing First Aid sometimes and Ammo!
- The knife should be able to be used whilst jumping, so you can go for those illusive dive stabs :)

I just hope that in 1.3 they do not change things the community like, and don't change things the community do want. I think they will introduce a new map with 1.3 common sense would point to that but who knows?

Cheers - Gooey :)
mcminty

Gooey wrote:

I think they will introduce a new map with 1.3 common sense would point to that but who knows?

Cheers - Gooey
1.3 is Armoured Fury... there will be several new maps.
Gooey
+6|6609|England
It's not necessarily jsut Armored Fury, Okay it adds support for it but to announce a 1.3 patch it will undoubtably be resolving issues with vanilla BF2.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK

mcminty wrote:

I just tried to install the 1.22 incrimental patch, but my shitbox crashed when it was a 70%.

Initially I had:
-BF2
-patch 1.21

Now if I try and click on the 1.22 incrimental patch it sais "you need version 1.21".

I thought to myself "why not try play BF2", so I got on ok and loaded up a server, when I was hit with:

So if anyone can shead some light to what the fuck that means, thanks. I'll be playing some single player while I download the 1.22 full patch, incase any drastic shit has to happen.
Like I said, un-install everything, re-install everything, and do the full patch. Read my above post to hear all about it!
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6650|Montréal, Québec
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD WALL BUGS ON KARKAND--FACTORY????????

I WAS GOING TO ENTER THE TANK AND THEN I JUST APPEARD OR A DON'T KNOW HOW... BUT I WAS IN THE WALL!!! MAYBE IF THERE WAS ANY USMC AROUND THERE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN USEFULL ( CHEATING TOO) BUT I WAS JUST BLOCKED THERE, SEEING SOMEONE TAKE MY TANK. I FINALLY GET OUT BY JUMPING AROUND AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY MATE IN THE NEXT ROUND. THERE WAS ALSO A BUG ON THE SIDEWALK WHERE IS THE ANTI-TANK, STILL ON KARKAND'S FACTORY.

I WANT TO KNOW IF IT HAPPENED TO ANYONE ESLE? IT IS SOOO STUPID ALL THESE PATCHES!!!!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

mcminty wrote:

Initially I had:
-BF2
-patch 1.21

just reinstall and repatch. if that doesn't work then just reinstall and grab the big patch (original => 1.22)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Tempestrix
+3|6692|Gold Coast, Australia
3 things that really annoy me.

TVs going through things

RED NAME BUG  -- STILL NOT FIXED (yeah sure its hard to track down, but still)

TVs GOING THROUGH THINGS

theres my 3 cents worth
jclyde6108
+0|6604
The things that annoy me the most are
1) the red tag bug
2) idiots who punish for non-intentional tks
3) the death-pits that ea calls "aa", especially with the shot-before-i-could-even-see-him feature we have now after 1.22
GRRRR
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6770|Perth, Western Australia
Having worked as a programmer (on vastly smaller projects than BF2) bugs will happen, the program will be used in ways never expected by the programmers or testers. The need for profit will aways mean that a program will never have enough testing most programs go out buggy and for most programs it is a few hard core users who see the need or like the program who stick with it and help address the issues.

The fact that it is basically free to use over the net after the purchase of the product (unlike many online games) and the program is being updated shows that DICE and EA do actually give a s&%@ about the gaming community... EA could have easilly charged for the use of the use of servers needed to keep all those records of gamers (or limited the game to payed EA servers).

I personally believe that BF2 is a great game and the support from DICE and EA is pritty damn good, sure there is problems or unbalences in the game but we don't need to have the game Newbified (i.e. made stupidly easy for newbies)... Having played some online games which have had this done to them I like a game where actual game experience counts for something. There will always be nOObs which some parts of the game will need changing for but we can't program stupidity or a$#%holes out of the game (unfortunately).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard