Jims50cal
+1|6829
Why are there soooo many cry babies out there about the APC and TANK kills... you having a "rule" in a server saying no tank whoring should not be allowed, there are medals (a few of them) specific to having a certain amount of time in a tank or "armor" as well as a certain amount of kills with it.  Saying people can't be good at it and use it is bull shit.. so to all the cry babies out there who complain.. get a life.. get on a squad that knows what there doing.. and you won't have a problem.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6820|Perth, Western Australia
Yes, i agree. It is like those people that complain about n00bs and rambos. The said n00bs and rambos also paid $100 (Aus) for the game, they should play the way they want to
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6868
Go home.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6881|Australia
Well i wouldent say theres no such thing as Vehicle whoring, if you stand around waiting for one is what id consider a "Vehicle Whore" but if its there not being used then youd be stupid not to use it?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6875|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
the only reason people claim others are whoring in the first place is EA's fault. if tanks and choppers and jets were easier to kill, no one would complain and the whores wouldn't "whore" in the first place. o well, i guess the patch will tell all.
McCullough
+7|6873

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

Well i wouldent say theres no such thing as Vehicle whoring, if you stand around waiting for one is what id consider a "Vehicle Whore" but if its there not being used then youd be stupid not to use it?
Do you call it whoring to wait for a Tank/APC to spawn? If you want the tank you have to wait for it to spawn nothing wrong with that.

And tank/APC whoring is when you are spawncamping with it.  And if you rack up kills with it anyway it's not whorng you are just good with it. I mean you can blow up tanks easily with C4 or well placed AT rockets.
The BH issue is total different because it's so extremly powerfull and it's very hard to kill it if there's engineers in it.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-09-30 22:39:07)

thinner44
+1|6844
I'm a vehicle ...erm, whore I won't usually wait for it to spawn, but if I'm there and there's no one else around, it would be stupid not to use it. McCollough is dead right, it's very easy to kill a tank with C4, AT mines, AT weapons of any description... I know, I've been on the end of most. I'm pretty good (own opinion) in a tank, I like the ride, it's warmer and yes, if I do happen to kill 15-20 REDS in a round with a tank/APC, I feel pretty chuffed... I'm also not that bothered how many times I get killed, unless it's really detrimental to the team.

My honest opinion of this game. There's so many complaints about vehicle whores, noobs, punishers of accidental TK(I hate them), people being openly hostile by text, (I mean really hostile), cry babies of all descriptions..... I found renewed interest in playing the single player games.
If people just got on with it and played it like it was meant to be played FOR FUN, it would be just that, FUN.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6816|Texas
Written by a tank whore in the purest form....Over 3000 kills in a tank and way less than 1000 with any infantry weapon.  Someone must really suck on foot.  See you on the battlefield with my packs of c4.

Last edited by elbowdeeplove (2005-10-03 08:06:49)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6848
Meh, tanks aint shit.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6817|The Hague, Holland

thinner44 wrote:

I found renewed interest in playing the single player games.
If people just got on with it and played it like it was meant to be played FOR FUN, it would be just that, FUN.
Dude! Single player games!?
You are only allowed to play single player if youre internet connection is temporarily down =P.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6876|Missoula, MT
LOL, I like this post.  I also agree with thinner, if a vehicle is there, use it!  Otherwise, someone from the opposing side will!  And how else are you supposed to get the medals if not in the vehicles, jim is right!  It's part of the game. 

And dude, single-player?!  No, no, no...  I suppose you could have some buddies IP into it and have some fun.  At least there wouldn't be any doofs playing against you in that scenario.  Maybe single-player wouldn't be so bad then.  The bots wouldn't stat pad, or steal your vehicles, or any of the other things we all get so annoyed about! 
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

CMDR_Dave wrote:

LOL, I like this post.  I also agree with thinner, if a vehicle is there, use it!  Otherwise, someone from the opposing side will!  And how else are you supposed to get the medals if not in the vehicles, jim is right!  It's part of the game. 

And dude, single-player?!  No, no, no...  I suppose you could have some buddies IP into it and have some fun.  At least there wouldn't be any doofs playing against you in that scenario.  Maybe single-player wouldn't be so bad then.  The bots wouldn't stat pad, or steal your vehicles, or any of the other things we all get so annoyed about! 
Hm that is so true, but still.. I would never get used to it.
Killing people who annoy me is more fun then killing bots that cant hit shit.
But your right on the Buddy IP thing.
But if you dont have many friends, that idea ends quick
*yes im very lonely*
00SoldierofFortune00
+1|6831
LOL, you said the blackhawk is different than a tank or apc. Blackhawk is just a flying tank. Tanks have powerful guns, and aren't easily destroyed when it has an engineer and is far away from you. You want to see tank whores, just look on the top 200 of the leaderboard and tell me what you think.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6875|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
yeah i think that a talented jet pilot is the most dangerous thing if there is no other talented jet pilot on the other team to balance it out. everthing else can be combated with enough bodies.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6873

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

yeah i think that a talented jet pilot is the most dangerous thing if there is no other talented jet pilot on the other team to balance it out. everthing else can be combated with enough bodies.
Exactly.  I have played in games where my side had no air assets at all.  Those really sucked.  And with as bad as the Anti-Air stuff is, that only makes the matters worse.
thinner44
+1|6844

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

I found renewed interest in playing the single player games.
Dude! Single player games!?
You are only allowed to play single player if youre internet connection is temporarily down =P.
You need to have a little looksee.... single player game can be played without an internet connection, provided, that's provided you've setup an 'offline' account.
thinner44
+1|6844

CMDR_Dave wrote:

LOL, 'stat padding bots', that really would sound the death knell for this game . I like SP game if I'm in the mood for no crap..... too many games come c/w crap these days and although I change server, the crap follows   I also use it to hone some skills (like it makes a difference )... And if the missus is home, she doesn't complain because I can turn it off ... just like that (Tommy Cooper RIP)
thinner44
+1|6844

elbowdeeplove wrote:

Written by a tank whore in the purest form....Over 3000 kills in a tank and way less than 1000 with any infantry weapon.  Someone must really suck on foot.  See you on the battlefield with my packs of c4.
Did you read the header? For instance, let's say you're in the armed services, bear with me here. You're an out and out infantryman, and you're good at it. A tank rolls by and takes out that building that you can't get past and has claimed the lives of some of your buddies, would you still call him a tank whore, or would you say 'cheers dude' ?

I added 'tank whore' to my original post because it's the only way some people can relate it to.

As for 'suck on foot', who cares, not me, not you... but if you do see me on foot and I kills ya

Squish you on the battlefield with my tank

This post on behalf of some of us vehicle personell.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6824|Singapore

Squish you with my jeep.
thinner44
+1|6844

polarbearz wrote:

Squish you with my jeep.
LOL, that's scary, I got 'squished' by a jeep today..... That's a very rare event, I usually look before leaping
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
I find squishing somebody with a vehicle more humiliating then to knife somebody
My best vehicle kill whas to sail over some dude with my rubber boat .
That whas so funny.
thinner44
+1|6844

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

I find squishing somebody with a vehicle more humiliating then to knife somebody
My best vehicle kill whas to sail over some dude with my rubber boat .
That whas so funny.
shhhhh, don't tell anyone but, when I'm about to cap a flag and I'm sat in an AV or tank, I hit the 'c' key, then wait for the C4 peeps to come along, when they do, I just reverse a smidge, that's all it takes

It is humiliating being run over, it's not like we can't hear the bloody things... but just too slow to react I suppose
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6876|Missoula, MT
LOL...I like thinner's strategy! 
nexus3372
+1|6816
thinner....how the heck did u manage that? what map i wanna try and fail @ it! Vote thinner
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6824|Singapore

anyone taken down someone with your jet before? As in banged him physically heheh. My friend clipped this sniper standing upright on some building, He was like OMGOGMOGMOGMGMG I'M GONNA CRASH, but he brought it up in time and just missed the building, but clipped an idiot on his way up lol. now THAT gotta be funny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard