Don't really care32%32% - 71
Fine with me38%38% - 83
All [i]gays[/i] burn in hell, lesbiens are OK with me20%20% - 44
There all Evil and Disgusting8%8% - 18
Total: 216
Brikiin118
+1|6619
I just wanted to check with the BF2 community, because I am a lesbien

I think its stupid how everyone trys to make gay/lesbien marriage illegal just because thats what a few old ladys in washington think

I mean, I was thinking of getting married, but its not legal, its only a "joined Union", I mean, I have a g/f but we cant get married like heterosexuals can, and they might make it completely legal

Because I want to be able to legally get married and adopt a child and stuff one day!

Post your opinion here
cpt.fass2
+1|6607
I don't really care it's not my life, that's my outtake on everything if you were to get married it has no bearing on me or my family your body your chose your mind(or does that mean I'm fine with it??). By marriage are you talking in the eyes of church or in getting the same benifits of Hetro couples?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA
I don't have a problem with homosexuality, and I believe homosexual couples should receive the same rights as hetero couples.  There are a lot of rights associated with being married that gay couples aren't entitled to because of outdated laws.
BTW, you missed a long discussion on this forum about this a couple of months ago.
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6659|Just Outside Seattle
What people do in the privacy of their own homes is their business, the only time that someone being gay annoys me is when they start shouting it from the roof tops and making a big deal out of it, otherwise I really don’t care.
MooseRyder
+37|6653|Montréal, Canada
i have a uncle and a aunt that are gay, so i dont have problems with that, they are still humans and they can do whatever they want with their lives, its none of our businesses.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

cpt.fass2 wrote:

if you were to get married it has no bearing on me or my family
That's entirely untrue. (also, fass, I reset your first accounts password, see pm)

If all homosexual couple could be married (legally) then they would receieve the same benefits, tax breaks, and other governmental support that hetero married couples do. This would be a serious shift in spending and taxing and it most certainly would affect you.

This is not meant to say that it's not ok -- I support gay marriage -- but that your concept of "it's not me, it doesn't matter" is (at best) a poor excuse for an abundance of apathy.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6653|United States of America

Brikiin118 wrote:

I just wanted to check with the BF2 community, because I am a lesbien

I think its stupid how everyone trys to make gay/lesbien marriage illegal just because thats what a few old ladys in washington think

I mean, I was thinking of getting married, but its not legal, its only a "joined Union", I mean, I have a g/f but we cant get married like heterosexuals can, and they might make it completely legal

Because I want to be able to legally get married and adopt a child and stuff one day!

Post your opinion here
There are lots of things you can't do, Like have your girlfriends child (ie procreate with her) which would be a defining thing in a Marriage which involves 1 man/1 woman.  Why must you attack marriage.  Get a civil union, the same rights as married people, and be happy.  Marriage, which is between a man and a wowan, is a religious union and has always been that.  Why must you insist that you and your girlfriend be called "married". Your not, nor could you ever be. Nor could you marry a dog, a dog marry a cat, a redneck marry a sheep, and so on.....

I have no problem with you doing something that makes you happy and being who you are, but why insist on something that is insulting to many married people and their religious beliefs. 

What sets back the gay movement more than anything is the antics people do to get attention like dancing half nude in a parade, insisting on special laws, insisting that what is right for you be forced to be taught in schools to children at young ages, being purposely confrontational and disrespectful toward people that would largely not care.

Anyway, these are just my opinions and If you have any sweet pics of you and your g/f doing nasty things together, feel free to send me a few;)
Brikiin118
+1|6619

Major_Spittle wrote:

Anyway, these are just my opinions and If you have any sweet pics of you and your g/f doing nasty things together, feel free to send me a few;)
Believe me, theres a lot of things we ugh..."Do", but no Pics, plus I have to put 'em on my comp, and me and my brother share this comp, and sometimes my parents use it, and they don't ugh..."Know"

There are some pics and stuff, but she'll get mad...

Last edited by Brikiin118 (2006-03-27 18:26:33)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
whatever floats your boat
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Brikiin118 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Believe me, theres a lot of things we ugh..."Do", but no Pics, plus I have to put 'em on my comp, and me and my brother share this comp, and sometimes my parents use it, and they don't ugh..."Know"

There are some pics and stuff, but she'll get mad...
how old are you?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I only give a crap when people try to shove their lifestyles down my throat with media saturation. That's what galls me the most.
Brikiin118
+1|6619
I am 19, three years older than my brother!
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6627|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I think you mean Lesbian?
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6726|Madrid, Spain
In some european countries, homosexual marriage is legal, it's legal since 2006 in my country.
Come to Spain and you can get married, but as far as I know, in the Netherlands it's legal too.
Maybe some other countries in Europe too, have to check.
Don't wanna offend but I think we europeans are always ahead, always socially advanced than
in the rest of the world.
More european stuff : for those who didn't know the word lesbian comes from a greek island called
lesbos where more than 2000 years ago, women would be able to embrace a religion, an antic cult,
to a goddess, and that cult included homosexual contact between women. Just a little bit of light on
the ethymology here
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6671|A sunburnt country

Stratocaster wrote:

In some european countries, homosexual marriage is legal, it's legal since 2006 in my country.
Come to Spain and you can get married, but as far as I know, in the Netherlands it's legal too.
Maybe some other countries in Europe too, have to check.
Don't wanna offend but I think we europeans are always ahead, always socially advanced than
in the rest of the world.
More european stuff : for those who didn't know the word lesbian comes from a greek island called
lesbos where more than 2000 years ago, women would be able to embrace a religion, an antic cult,
to a goddess, and that cult included homosexual contact between women. Just a little bit of light on
the ethymology here
It's been legal here in Australia since last year........................so we must be way advanced !!!!! ;-)

IMO, who cares how you have sex.......................way too much of an issue made.

As a race, it is a shame we don't care more about real matters, like the fact that most of the world's population doesn't have clean drinking water and kids are dying every 15 seconds from hunger in third world countries.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6662
This looks like a big attention whore thread.

I have no problem with you doing something that makes you happy and being who you are, but why insist on something that is insulting to many married people and their religious beliefs.
I'm sure many people think what I do on a daily basis is offensive. A marriage of two people of the same sex doesn't intrude on anyone else's wedding vows or sacredness.
Brikiin118
+1|6619

junkpi1e wrote:

I think you mean Lesbian?
Um...I'm not sure what your asking there, but the answer to what I think you are asking is yes, I am a lesbien
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6726|Madrid, Spain
Insulting to married people?? LOL welcome to redneck wonderland!!

Maybe you didn't know homosexuality is sometimes not an option, read a bit about genetics, then
maybe you will see the light. Some people are born one sex but as get get into adult age, they do
completely change to the other. And also chromosome problems, and many factors you would never
understand.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
I believe it is wrong.  But I support equal treatment under the law.

Did not vote...all options differ from my view...i.e. not right, but NOT "burn in hell"

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-03-27 20:46:19)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6754|United States of America
I don't like the views gays and all have for our world.  But I wouldn't want them to burn in hell.  I would like to help them.  Heck even most of them are nicer than others.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
why would you care about their views or whether you should help them, their gay, let them be gay.  A persons sexual preference should totally be a non issue along with race and gender.  Why would you care about who someone else is fucking
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6671|A sunburnt country

Miller wrote:

I don't like the views gays and all have for our world.  But I wouldn't want them to burn in hell.  I would like to help them.  Heck even most of them are nicer than others.
"Our" world implies that you have more right to it than gay people, I bet you think that tank at Karkand is "yours" as well.

Why do you think they need help?  Do you need help because you like females?

It is really sad to think there is so many ignorant people in the world.

Not trying to dis you, just wish people could be more tolerant and accepting.

Imagine a world that doesn't have discrimination or racism................sounds alright to me.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
Don't agree with it. But I have no ill will towards them. I'm a bartender in Orleans, Cape Cod which is about 30 miles from Provincetown. Provincetown http://www.dunscroftbythesea.com/maps/p … ownmap.htm is the East Coast mecca for gays in the summer. They tip very well!!!!!!!!!!! Even in the off season the town is probably over 65% gay now. In 2003 Provincetown had one birth. The graduating classes of late are 20 at best. God will be the judge...not me.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2006-03-27 21:54:37)

WolfkillerXIII
+0|6624
I have no problem with gays, but I will say this...I can't stand stereotypical gay people. Being a gay man doesn't mean you have to adopt and lisp and think everything is FAAAABULOUS!!!! And ladies, being a lesbian doesn't require you to shave your head and do everything you can to look more like a boy, all the while hating men.

This applies for just about everything. I don't mind rap, but I hate stereotypical "gangsta thugs" and so on...

PS - Hah send me those pics if you ever get them on the computer. Unless you look like a boy. ;D

PPS - Marriage offends me. So all of you straight married people shouldn't be allowed to get married! *Rolls eyes* Shut up, marriage doesn't apply to just your closed-minded religion.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
As long as they don't try to influence how I do my life I won't try to influence theirs.

Same goes for everything.

BTW, If someone does an extensive research in the work of Carl Jung, especially his work on archetypes and animis/anima, you may find some clues as to why people are gay (he was one of the world's most brilliant psychologists. Ever.)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard