plasmaFLY
+1|6784
Do you think that bf2 is aggravating? Ive heard so many players in VOIP complaining its crazy. At some point if you play 3 hours straight, every little details ticks you off and you smash periferals around haha, didnt we all witness movies of people throwing their pc`s at the ground and breaking stuff and cussin after playing? i mean its funny how theres this contrast, we come to relax in a game after school, after our job, or after working on our own business, and all we get is a sour experience after being killed. even if you are a good player you know how thats like. you aim well but you still dont hit, the guy isnt aiming at you but your still dead.
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6834
Yeah, there are a few players out there that don't realize it's just a game...
brandon001
+0|6805|MI
I found it's a great stress reducer after a day of work. I work in an office so after work a few of us stay after to play for a while. Until our wives or girlfriends call to wonder where the hell we're at. Yea we all get mad sometimes, but thats just because your playing a competitive game. It happens
plasmaFLY
+1|6784
thats just because your playing a competitive game. It happens

well said
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6784
I'll have to agree that its bad for your anger, but I just try to laugh it off, its just a game in the end, and while it is frustrating, I try not to loose it.  If you do loose control, your likely to loose your game.  Try and laugh, I always think about the BF2 movie 'Mine' and it works everytime.  Remember, you play games for relaxation and also to compete, its trying to get a mix of the two that will keep you happy. 
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6837|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Rakasan
+7|6834|California, USA
I find it refreshing, I play better mad
Miakei
+1|6821|Los Angeles, CA
Bad for anger management? WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! YOU GREAT BIG NINNY! I'LL RIP YER EFFING HEAD OFF AND DRINK THE BLOOD FROM YOUR ATERIAL SPRAY!!!!

Oh...ahem...sorry about that, forgot my Zoloft.

There no issue of anger management with this game...although I seem to have developed a rather nasty version of Tourets while playing....
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6830
Zoloft? U have no idea what u r talking about.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

I play terribly when angry... hense the need to play some classical music whilst i play.  And yes, it is a 'stress reducer' for those of us who know the difference between the game and reality
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831
it messes with me.. I answered the phone today while I was playing and I was like "WHAT?!!?" my mom got mad at me! lol.
whit0x
Armour Anyone?
+0|6832
I think most people get frustrated with the game due to the fact there are stats and the game is buggy. If there were no stats and no bugs it would be a bit different IMO.
The_Truth_16
+0|6786
i hope im noit the only one who yelled F-U-C-K When he got killed with FUGGIN SHOCK PADDLES:@
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6805
Well...sometimes I get mad, but that's like for 1 sec. I mostly play together with people I know, so we always have a laugh, no matter how bad we suck or how many times we're being killed in a row It definitely is competitive, but I don't play with my face 1 inch away from the screen yelling at the poor little game...I don't want to hurt its feelings...
dracul
+2|6805
I like to holler at people even when im having fun.

like the teammate who dove prone in front of me... and im playing support firing the chaingun non-stop.
So he punishes me.

I figured if he wants to die that bad, I can follow him around and oblige him with my knife a while.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6835
I get mad more at the group I play with than the game itself.  VOIP gets a bit chattery at times.  I can't hear things going on around me and that gets a bit much.  But that doesn't happen verry often and I need the VOIP, since I can't track every one in the clan.
Miakei
+1|6821|Los Angeles, CA
Mabec, very true. I have no clue as to what drugs are needed for what.
I am ashamed...
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6837|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Does it really matter... it was just a reference.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6836|Munich, Germany
yesterday i got really mad at one of the guys on my team while having a really good session with cmdrDave.
we were on dalian plant and i was commander. i see an enemy in a buggy entering our bas and just passing a friendly in a tank. this friendly came my direction and squished me against a wall, i had no chance to evade his tank, and ignore the enemy in the buggy. normally i dont punish for getting driven over but this time i did because he ignored the enemy 2.

anyway i dont get really mad, im playing 1st person shooters for a to long time now, but instead i get more focused and normally im starting to own then. except maybe when im already really tired then it just makes it worse but i know when to stop
Bloody Sky
+2|6842|Texas
Yeah, some people get so mad it's crazy. The only time I get a bit mad is if they are killing us with APCs, Tanks, etc. at our only non-cappable point. But usually when I get made, I stop playing for a bit and watch the other people in the server try so hard to do something but fail horriably. So in other words, once I get mad, I laugh it off.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
Thanks mort!  I had fun too...that's what it's all about, fun.  Like bloody says, you gotta laugh it off sometimes.  I love coming home and getting in an hour or so while my wife is still working.  It's great at stress relief.  Not that I need much of that.  I'm in it for the fun!  If you're getting owned, well...it's up to you how to handle it. 
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

I think this game is therapeutic and detrimental to your health all at the same time.

wow this thread is old.
Altophish
+8|6498
Bad for anger management?  Not.

As a peace loving hippie during the day I find that a nice round of killing the shit out people...satisfying.
T0X1C1TY
+6|6430|Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform
I play MC for anger management because it relieves because people that play it are insanely horrible.
Things can go really bad in this game and personally I get more angry than I should at times.
Its kinda ironic that I play the game to relax and have fun and fairly often I get the opposite
Just frustrated and aggrivated ..but thats from taking it too seriously my own fault.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard