Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6668|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Engineers need a way to get points when not in a vehicle. Seriously, repairing takes too long to get 1 point and engies get nothing for disabling mines.

1. Repairing takes too god damn long, it should give you a point for repairing commander assets to 1/2 of it's hp, 1/2 for armor, 3/4 for boats and cars, and so on.

2. Engineers should be rewarded for removing enemy mines. 1 point for AT mines, 2 points for claymores. I've seen engineers on my team just run off even when I ask them to disable mines with their wrench; even on VOIP. This should give a reason for engineers to run out in the open to disable mines and risk enemy fire to let a vehicle in to annihilate the enemy.

I believe these suggestions would encourage people to actually choose the class to run about as infantry and get points this way instead of just being the ultimate vehicle whore class. This would help infantry to get rid of those "lol claymores" and help the vehicle whores in to blow shit up.

...Discuss.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6696|Chch, New Zealand
Yeah that would be a good idea, but 2 points for a claymore? Nah too much, as they only take out one player, but AT's do more damage, they can take out a jeep with 3, or a tank that has the potential (sp) to take out heaps of you team, if you get what im saying.

I reckon 1 for at, and 1/2 for claymoore.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6641|Malibu
I also agree that the engineers deserve more points by repairing friendly assets such as commander assets and vehicles. I think EA is very stingy about the point distribution.

However, there are always those armor whores who travel in packs and reparing each other. I think repairing in a vehicle should be left the same but if you are an engineer on foot, I would wish there were more points for that.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6643|Peoria
How do you repair away a claymore? approach from the side?
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6668|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The reason I say 2 points for claymores is that they're much harder to defuse... but I guess 1 point would work.

And yes Elamdri, you approach from the side or behind the claymore and defuse it with the wrench.
Hr_Amdi
+0|6757|Denmark
Sounds like a good idea! You can approach claymores from the back or from the sides. They only trigger if yor are in front of the bloody thing. The tricky part is to see witch way it is pointing. Waiting to long to admire the claymore normally gets you killed by the bad guys running around.
motherdear
+25|6647|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
you can go and disarm the claymore from the front if it's just around a corner and you push the use wrench button down all the time. it's hard but possible
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6785|Singapore

Or put your body on the line
JimKong
+31|6638|Ohio
I can't count the times I've repaired a fully destroyed artillery piece and have gotten jack shit while getting a repair point as soon as my wrench touches another. It's like you have to spawn in as Engy, repair, and then suicide to get back into combat with the only thing to show for it is that you just allowed your noob commander the abillity to drop arty on your own teammates. If it wasn't for Karkand, Engies might not even be in the game.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6696|Chch, New Zealand

JimKong wrote:

If it wasn't for Karkand, Engies might not even be in the game.
WHAT? How can you not know the true value of engies after pplaying 70+ hours. But i bet 69 of them are in a tank, so i guess from your knolage of engies then your call is a just one.....

The shotty (not jackhammer) is good on anymap, and if your atacking and you catch the other players off guard you can take a few of them out in one shot... 7 bullets can = 7 kills....
JimKong
+31|6638|Ohio
The jackhammer is borderline worthless. Most of the time I use the pistol and nades. And yes, most of the time was in armor. The only other times I only spawn as engy are if I want to mine a road or repair assets. If I die, I'll come back as a unit that is actually made for combat. And that comment you quoted is mainly a criticism of all of the repair points that I should have gotten but didn't. Many times I have forfitted a chance at a helo or jet just to spawn at arty island on Wake and walk away with 1 or 2 points.

*I haven't played much with the shotty because of the slow pump cycle.

Last edited by JimKong (2006-03-28 08:36:22)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6715|Melbourne, Australia
i do agree the jackhammer is worthless.. compared to the dao.. engineers arent extinct yet.. im sure ea could do sumthing about it... if they stop spending all day in there fancy offices in solid gold g strings rolling around in our money that we spent on bf2 :'(
xbrandomx
+9|6646
good tactic to disarm claymores.... have somebody run up and make it go off... and you revive them.  works well.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6770|Golden, CO
here's a hint with the Jackhammer: never ever use it on full auto.  There really is no use for it on automatic.  Use it like the DAO-12, and you'll be better off.  You get better damage and faster reload than the DAO-12, and faster shooting than the pump shotguns.  Honestly though, I generally don't use the Jackhammer anymore, becacuse I find the very high damage of the M11-87 and NOR982 more fun than the Jackhammer and the MP7 is very useful in a lot of situations.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6785|Singapore

NZDeathBoy wrote:

JimKong wrote:

If it wasn't for Karkand, Engies might not even be in the game.
WHAT? How can you not know the true value of engies after pplaying 70+ hours. But i bet 69 of them are in a tank, so i guess from your knolage of engies then your call is a just one.....

The shotty (not jackhammer) is good on anymap, and if your atacking and you catch the other players off guard you can take a few of them out in one shot... 7 bullets can = 7 kills....
Sorry: Shotguns 10:14:09 207 334 0.62 12.11% .

Failed.
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6657|Just Outside Seattle
The shotgun is only good in close quarters, for clearing alleyways full of guys the jackhammer is awesome, and I have seen a Claymore take out more than 1 guy many times.
EvilJebus
+11|6621
Yes, definently points for removing AT mines / Claymores, they've gotten so cheap now that they don't teamkill (hey I got 5 mines / 2 claymores lets put em all over the place, nothing bad can happen!). It would definently help with this problem.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6833
good one! I hope EA hears about your Idea.
bgthigfist
+0|6801

JimKong wrote:

The jackhammer is borderline worthless. Most of the time I use the pistol and nades.
The Jackhammer and DAO are great in certain situations.  Running around Great Wall, for example, especially on 16 player size, you have plenty of opportunity to round the corner and take out 2 or 3 guys at a time.  Try THAT with a 1 shot shotgun or a pistol!   I initially derided the P90 and MP7 as worthless squirtguns, but, as with any weapon in BF2, you just have to learn how to use them.  Rather than saying "the jackhammer is borderline worthless" you should say "I am borderline worthless using the Jackhammer."
Impaqt
+37|6634|Chicago, Il

bgthigfist wrote:

JimKong wrote:

The jackhammer is borderline worthless. Most of the time I use the pistol and nades.
The Jackhammer and DAO are great in certain situations.  Running around Great Wall, for example, especially on 16 player size, you have plenty of opportunity to round the corner and take out 2 or 3 guys at a time.  Try THAT with a 1 shot shotgun or a pistol!   I initially derided the P90 and MP7 as worthless squirtguns, but, as with any weapon in BF2, you just have to learn how to use them.  Rather than saying "the jackhammer is borderline worthless" you should say "I am borderline worthless using the Jackhammer."
Dissagree....   THe Shotguns are not very effective agains the hordes of snipers on Great wall....  ( I donteven play snipero nthat map anymore.....   Wats the point..  I fI want to get into a Sniper war, I'll play karkand...)
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6677|Dayton, Ohio

Elamdri wrote:

How do you repair away a claymore? approach from the side?
Wrench it from the side if you do not know which way it is facing.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6677|Dayton, Ohio

bgthigfist wrote:

JimKong wrote:

I agree, Just the other night i cleared 4 guys out of the power plant flag on Mashtur using the Jackhammer.  It is very effective in close quarters.  The engineer is a very good kit, you just don't get repair points fast enough.  Hense the low level of expert repair badges out there.

Points for disarming mines would rock.  I would run around karkand picking up candy all day.
af7ersh0ck
+6|6630|Albany, NY, USA
[noob]Omfg!1111111!1!!1!!!!!11one  But then teammates could stat-pad by throwing down and undoing claymores!  OMG OMG.[/noob]

This is exactly the idiot reason why DICE and EA so brilliantly decided to always take -4 from a person's score if they tk, even if they are punished or not.  Then people would run around tking, not punishing, and reviving each other.

I think EA and DICE should just stop trying to 'fix' all the stat-padding problems with the game.  If they did, they could put more effort into actually hunting down people so irresponsible, and give the average player a better game by undoing all the "shit-balances" they have set in place to try and keep the idiots at bay. 

Of course this being a somewhat logical answer, it's not perfect, and we all know that any semi-logical solution would NEVER even be considered.

Last edited by af7ersh0ck (2006-04-04 19:16:11)

JimKong
+31|6638|Ohio
So I created a new account and have actually been playing with the shotty. Good god, what was I thinking spending all those hours with the craphammer?

Since unlocks are supposed to be an improvement, I think the Engy unlock should be a faster pump shotty, about 1/3 faster with 1/3 more spread. Twice as fast seems like it would overpower this class. I could just see all the Assault and Support guys playing Engy on Kark if that was the case.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

The only aspect to change for repair points should be, I agree, mines and claymores. But it should be one point each.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard