Birdie
+2|6607|UK
Hi, i'm new to battle/demo recording so i have a few questions.

our server is remote and we only have bf2cc access.
i see the options of:

Demo index url
Demo download url
Auto Demo Hook: "adminutils/demo/rotate_demo.py"

I was just wondering what i would put in these fields? would it be the server ip or what?
1 other thing.. BattleRecorder is the same as Demo Recording right?

Thanks alot, i know these are noobish questions but thanks for reading!
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6789|out of orbit
How do I set up my server to autorecord a demo?

Your Serversettings.con file contains the following and they need to be properly set to effectively record and distribute the demos:

- sv.autoRecord 1/0 set to 1 for on and 0 for off.
Set AutoRecord to on to enable the BattleRecorder. Every round played
on the server will now be recorded to X:\Battlefield 2 Server\mods\bf2\demos\".

-sv.demoQuality default setting is 1. Range is from 1 to 10.
1 Being teh lowest and 10 the highest quality setting.

-sv.demoIndexURL <http://YourServerorWebsite.com/YourDirectory/>
Replace with your link. This will be the address of the host where you're demos are uploaded to.

- sv.demoDownloadURL <http://YourServerorWebsite.com/YourDirectory/>
Replace with your link. This will be the address of the host where you're demos are uploaded to.

- sv.autoDemoHook <adminutils/demo/Your_Script.exe>
default setting on windows is required for proper file rotation.

Example:

sv.autoRecord 1
sv.demoIndexURL "http://www.mywebspace.com/demofolder/"
sv.demoDownloadURL "http://www.mywebspace.com/demofolder/"
sv.autoDemoHook "adminutils/demo/rotate_demo.exe"
sv.demoQuality 3

Birdie wrote:

1 other thing.. BattleRecorder is the same as Demo Recording right?
...right...if you mean to type demo.recordDemo name/demo.stopRecording in the console.

Birdie wrote:

these are noobish questions
no they`re obviously not...as nobody answered yet.

Greets: S3nf
Birdie
+2|6607|UK
great to know its not a noobish question! lol. Thanks for the help!

erm, i guess your explaining a local server ie. Server where i can access all of its files..
well i have a remote server where the only access i have is thorugh bf2cc. Would this cause any problems?
thanks

Last edited by Birdie (2006-03-27 07:25:33)

Not
Great success!
+216|6576|Chandler, AZ
Yeah say, wondering this myself. Since the server is ranked and I have no access to the X:\Program Files\Battlefield 2 folder.

Hate to necro a thread like this but, this was all I found on search and as far as being a server admin goes, I'm about two weeks old and just really getting my feet wet.

Would really appreciate an update on how to configure BattleRecorder on a server that I only have BF2cc access to so we can record matches/scrims played on our server for review after they're done.
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5565|U.S.A.
I'm surprised that no one has taken the time to answer this question in a more complete manner. Here's the information I can give you about your BF2cc issue. First of all, you are correct... You do not have access to the server because ranked servers don't allow it (duh comes from the back of the room). So, what you'll need to do is setup a "demos.con" file under <server>/mods/bf2/settings folder. Your ranked server provider should have some sort of way to allow you to do this. Anyhow, once you are able to get this kind of access, here's the type of file you'll need to create. Check out this page here. You'll notice on that page how the file identify's all the necessary ftp information to upload your demos. Hope this is a start.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
Hehe 2 years and 7 months ago...
The guy asking had probably lost his bf2 disk by now

Also Hooray for 1000+ days members
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Please refrain from bumping topics.

What was the point of this? Just FYI: the person who made the OP hasn't posted here for over 2.5years...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard