ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6737|Las Vegas
I just left a round at Dragon Valley playing as Chinese.   Server was "Hell Is Loose!!!" (which I have never had a problem at in MANY hours of play).  I had taken out 1 1/2 US arty and another teammate had finished the other 1 1/2 moments later, so all three were destroyed.  I backed my jeep into the shed with plans to cover the arty from the MG in the event an enemy engineer arrived to repair.

Within approximately 1 minute from when they were destroyed, I witnessed all three artillery peices suddenly change from destroyed, to fully erect and firing.  No crate was present and even if one had been, it could not have repaired all 3 in an instant.

Can anyone suggest a legitimate reason for this, as I can not think of a single possibility outside of some nefarious action.  In 400 hours of BF2 I have never seen anything like this. 

Any opinions?

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-03-25 01:44:05)

Zukabazuka
+23|6704
Maybe a new hack is running around, ofcourse these would be obvious. Gonna check if there are similar hacks.
mhawk
+0|6656
Since the new patch I've noticed the artil respawns fairly quickly.
Silver18
+10|6644
Maybe the commander told some of his team to spawn as engineer and fix 'um?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6737|Las Vegas

mhawk wrote:

Since the new patch I've noticed the artil respawns fairly quickly.
Hmmm......within the time it takes to back your jeep from the first arty piece into the nearby shed?  Easily under 1 minute but lets just call it a full minute for the sake of this post.  I don't think so.......

Anybody out there think arty respawns after one minute or less?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6737|Las Vegas

Silver18 wrote:

Maybe the commander told some of his team to spawn as engineer and fix 'um?
As I said in my post if you read it, I was in a jeep in the shed covering all three artillery and I saw all three instantly change from wreckage to firing.  Are you suggesting that within the span of 60 seconds, 3 different engineers managed to evade my jeep based MG post in the shed, and repair all 3 arty so that all 3 hit repaired status at the same instant and just happened to coincide with the moment the commander pressed the "fire" button.

I'm afraid that would stretch even the wildest imagination beyond the breaking point.....

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-03-25 02:08:10)

Sweetmate
+1|6769
That has always happened on Dragon Valley, its a bug on the map, both artys seem to auto regenerate.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6691|Australia
Had this happen on Wake yesterday they were yellow on my mini-map so I spawned on the arty island to try and repair them and they were all already repaired in the 15seconds it tooks me to get there.

Yet there were no supply crates around them, nor was there any other player on the island. regardless of that though, it takes longer than 15 seconds to repair all of them to full health by hand.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6728|Germany
Happened to me like 2 times on Dalian already. On the chinese team, playing Engineer, our arty got blown up and I rushed for it to repair. But when I got there about 15 seconds later they were all up again with no other engi or supply box around...
xaven
+25|6751|Berlin
maybe a server setting...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6760|FUCK UBISOFT

wtf, doesnt dragon only have 2 arty?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
xaven
+25|6751|Berlin
depends on the map size. 64 has 3.

Board footer