MesserJocke
+2|6657|BN, GER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0

omg; have you ever seen a bunny hopping Mech???  (no its not in the trailer)
MrKamikaze
+10|6672|East
mechs have built in toilets with dump in back

god bless those poor soldiers running behind one... =[
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6803|PNW

Doesn't anybody remember this?

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/steam.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6803|PNW

MesserJocke wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0

omg; have you ever seen a bunny hopping Mech???  (no its not in the trailer)
I've played the Mechwarriors on LAN, and I was one of the bunny hoppers. Only, I did so for the instant cockpit-stomping kills.
man_unit
+0|6723

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I was looking at the game features listed in the sticky above and I came across this:

Battlefield 2142: Overview
Battlefield: 2142 takes place in the year 2142, where humans are struggling to survive on the remaining 25% of Earth that is inhabitable.

Release Date
+ Expected Fall (Autumn) 2006

Features
+ More details are expected to be revealed at this year's BF-CON (April 28-30, 2006) E3 (May 2006).
+ Uses the same core engine as Battlefield 2, with improved visual and physics engines.
+ Thanks to this, more time can be spent developing new weapons, vehicles, maps, etc..
+ Maps can provide ideal vehicle-to-player ratios.
+ Usable Toilets on the Battlefield  <----------------------------------------------------
+ More work has also been put into ensuring the game is balanced at release
+ Uses a similar squad system to that of Battlefield 2, but improved - for example squad leaders can now deploy a beacon which their squad-mates can spawn from, even if the leader dies
+ Parachutes are no-longer issued to troops - replacement is currently unknown
+ Grappling hooks and night vision (รก la BF2: Special Forces) may be included - undecided
+ Expected to contain a new commander system, co-op mode (for teaming up against AI opponents) and possibly even an entirely new game-mode for the Battlefield series

Maps
+ Brand new locations and scenarios - set in the year 2142.
+ Most of the maps are based in North Africa (since this is where most of the remaining land is)

Teams and Classes
+ Players can play as the "American-European Alliance" (Continental America and most of Europe) or "Pan Asian Coalition" (made up of Russia, Middle East, India).
+ No Far East countries - possible add-on in the future?

Vehicles
+ Heavily influenced by futuristic sci-fi movies, such as Aliens.
+ Similar mix of vehicles as in previous Battlefield titles (tanks, APCs, transport, etc.), but with the addition of Mechs.
+ Mechs are armed with an anti-aircraft gun, TOW anti-tank rocket launchers, and anti-infrantry mini-guns on each arm
+ Other vehicles will be given more powerful weaponry to balance this out, such as EMP
+ Helicopters are replaced by blade-less hovering ships
+ Fighter jets are to be included, but details aren't yet known

Weapons
+ Although futuristic-looking, still based on current weapon technology on the whole (ordinary bullets).
+ EMP grenades to scramble vehicles' vision and reduce their speed
+ Number of new mines to use: Chaser (anti-tank)
+ Artillery will still be included
"Usable Toilets on the Battlefield"....wtf is this?
Where did you get this?  Was it on EA's site?
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6860|OP, KS
If you look at this game close it looks like BF, Mechwarrior, and Halo got together and had a big stinky three way in the closet and this is their bastard love child. I want to see a Demo before I even think of throwing $50.00 down on it, I may just go back to racing games.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6675|Cumberland, MD, USA

Neoburn_1035 wrote:

If you look at this game close it looks like BF, Mechwarrior, and Halo got together and had a big stinky three way in the closet and this is their bastard love child. I want to see a Demo before I even think of throwing $50.00 down on it, I may just go back to racing games.
Agree 100%. There's no way I'm dropping half a bill on this only to find it to be a Halo.
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6869|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
Sounds A Big Wind Up To Me
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6520|Gogledd Cymru

lolly tbh
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6724
Surgeon u too?!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6709|Middle of nowhere
now i have to ask, why Fancy's topics?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center
Jesus.

You know, reviving a couple threads as a joke...fine.

This is the fifth, at least.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard