THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

Schw3nk3r wrote:

you probably wouldnt know what a relaxing round is because you never play any other kit
sooo you have relaxing rounds with the other kits then?
the only relaxing rounds i have are in single player.

Schw3nk3r wrote:

i would stop talking unless you learn what other kits and maps are like.
well for starters this thread is about about snipers is it not?

plus i would stop talking unless you read the whole thread, instead of just throwing in your usless two cents when you dont know what your talking about.

-fe.lep- wrote:

So you have another account hidden away,  and You just showed this one because you like the under 4000 points score?

the_heart_attack wrote:

its not hidden if you use you brain, i started this account becuase i needed 1to1 infront of my name.
i play with that account now as sniper is the kit i prefer, iv had my fun playing all maps and all classes, and getting badges and fucking around with mates and all the rest of it.

i started my new account to take sniping more seriously ingame, and didnt just add 1to1 infront of the_heart_attack becuase 1) it sounds gay and 2) becuase i play with best mate 1to1sniper and wanted a name that goes along with that.
if you check his stats you will see he is also a fantastic sniper, better than most.

i play sharqi only as its what i choose to do, i play usmc only as its what i choose to do.
i am an excelent sniper and my stats show that. and to boot they are all on the rise.

who cares what my global score is, its only a 30hr old account.

and win/loss is never going to be big playing usmc on sharqi, but that doesnt bother me, what does bother me
is k/d with sniper rifle and overall. and thats about it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

How in God's name can you have a "relaxing" round with all the madness and mayhem?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6799|Singapore

the_heart_attack wrote:

Schw3nk3r wrote:

you probably wouldnt know what a relaxing round is because you never play any other kit
sooo you have relaxing rounds with the other kits then?
the only relaxing rounds i have are in single player.

Schw3nk3r wrote:

i would stop talking unless you learn what other kits and maps are like.
well for starters this thread is about about snipers is it not?

plus i would stop talking unless you read the whole thread, instead of just throwing in your usless two cents when you dont know what your talking about.

-fe.lep- wrote:

So you have another account hidden away,  and You just showed this one because you like the under 4000 points score?

the_heart_attack wrote:

its not hidden if you use you brain, i started this account becuase i needed 1to1 infront of my name.
All Hail THA.

Stfu everyone who disagrees.
mporlier
+42|6650|Montreal, Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ok, to settle this..............who has the biggest internet penis?
I do! and I can write my name in the snow while peeing!
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6662
Enemy cookie spotted.
Defiance
+438|6681

I'm gonna have to agree with you. I hop on a server and see bunches of snipers huddling around one spot.

Easy pickings. I just take em all out...It's really sad, two clips of 1 hit kills...

Although, It's going to make it easier for expert sniper
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6656
the_heart_attack, although you have a good K : D ratio with a sniper rifle, your win:loss ratio is pretty crappy. Any sniper can hide somewhere and get 5-10 kills in a round without dying, but they are not contributing anything to their team's winning or losing. I, on the other hand, can grab a PKM and rambo it up and completely shift the balance of the battle.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-03-24 11:09:23)

Defiance
+438|6681

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

the_heart_attack, although you have a good K : D ratio with a sniper rifle, your win:loss ratio is pretty crappy. Any sniper can hide somewhere and get 5-10 kills in a round without dying, but they are not contributing anything to their team's winning or losing. I, on the other hand, can grab a PKM and rambo it up and completely shift the balance of the battle.
He's already said he doesn't care about W:L

Hush now.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Defiance wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

He's already said he doesn't care about W:L

Hush now.
Yep.  I have seen various opinions on W:L.  In my opinion, if you play on a 64 player server, it is pretty much beyond the individuals control.
THA
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

i already said why i have a crap win loss,

plus grab a pkm and rambo it up? i normaly get close to the most kills in a round for my team, so then by your reasoning i must shift the balance too, thus contradicting yourself.

killing enemy is contributing is it not? defending flags is helping even more than running round handing out amo bags. and staying alive is a huge contributer to your ticket drop rate slowing.

but thats not what this thread is about now is it?, its about there being no good snipers and that they are easily picked of with a pkm.

if the thread was about team work and capping flags i wouldnt post in it.

this thread would have half the posts if people stuck to what it was about.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON
Ok, lets get this all straightened out:

I am NOT a devoted "Sniper".

I am a TEAMWORK Sniper WHILE maintaining outstanding W/L and amazing SPM.

My Rifle KD will plateau around 2.4 (According to my new "test" account).

I will admit I will not best a devoted sniper, but by God's all-seeing-eye, I will hold my own in the battlefield.

Nyte Out.

Last edited by Nyte (2006-03-24 11:55:30)

Alpha as fuck.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6692
49% accuracy with sniper rifle. jumping wont save you from my bullets
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6655|Malibu

Nyte wrote:

Ok, lets get this all straightened out:
I am NOT a devoted "Sniper".
I am a TEAMWORK Sniper WHILE maintaining outstanding W/L and amazing SPM.
Wow all my fellow snipers all got mad at this thread. lol
I also am not a devoted sniper myself, I try to be jack of all trades, changing kits whenever needed. I usually play all the kits in one round depending on what my team needs.
But sniping is what I like to do and I am pretty good at it.
Sniper is not a useless class people.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas

the_heart_attack wrote:

Cougar wrote:

That actually goes to show you who the better sniper is.
was it the fact my sniper stats smoke yours that brought you to that conclusion?

Cougar wrote:

GOOD snipers don't jump into tanks, choppers and planes.  GOOD snipers spend half the game stalking someone or getting into a prime firing spot which is of strategic importance.  Most people don't understand this.
you have 2200 kills as sniper kit and 1300 with rifle

i have 1600 kit and 1300 rifle, seems i understand this better than you.

Cougar wrote:

My kills are lower and time is higher because I have patience.  I don't switch to sniper between classes, I choose a round to do nothing but sniper and I stick with the kit no matter what.  That sometimes means having extremly slow rounds, and sometimes, extremly fast rounds.  Mostly slow RELAXING rounds.
thats odd, sniper is all i play and i never have slow relaxing rounds.

Cougar wrote:

Bullet drop there is at certain distances
How long the bullet travel time is to certain distances
How fast my reload time is as opposed to thier reload time
Which elevation marks to use at certain distances
maybe you would have more kills for your time if you stopped trying to live out fantasies of being a sniper in real life and realised its a game, and i go for head shots at any distance and never allow for bullet drop, going on our stats it seems my theory work alot better than yours.

Cougar wrote:

Out of sight sniping is a secret of mine, so we will not discuss that here.
wow i must be totally invisible to the enemy ingame then

you sniper rifle k/d 1.37

me 3.00

maybe that explains your slow quiet rounds and why you are never seen, you just stay away from the action.
Hey, why don't you put your money where your mouth is bitch?  I'd have great stats like you too if I created accounts that only play one kit, but, unlike you obviously, I have a life and I don't have time for that.  Also, who gives a flying fuck about stats?  I suppose if I checked my stats enough to become a mod for this site (ohh wait, thats because you rubbed you nose so far up chuys ass, it looked like he was giving birth), I would have "great" sniper stats too, because I might start to give a shit.

Now, you can either get your big fucking mouth in a server so I can shit in it, or you can shut the fuck up. 

Thats the way I see it.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6656
You can't be contributing to your team if all you do is camp the top of the TV station for an entire round. It's not  like it's a clever spot to snipe either. I hear the shots and misses all day as I'm running through the city, and when it annoys me enough I just look up at the TV station and pop a few shots into 2-3 sniper's head with my PKM. Not like it's a surprise that they're up there anyway.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-03-24 12:14:05)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6655|Malibu
Fancy_Pollux you don't even have your stats up.
Also Fancy_Pollux is not an BF2 account.
THA
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

Cougar wrote:

Hey, why don't you put your money where your mouth is bitch?  I'd have great stats like you too if I created accounts that only play one kit, but, unlike you obviously, I have a life and I don't have time for that.  Also, who gives a flying fuck about stats?  I suppose if I checked my stats enough to become a mod for this site (ohh wait, thats because you rubbed you nose so far up chuys ass, it looked like he was giving birth), I would have "great" sniper stats too, because I might start to give a shit.

Now, you can either get your big fucking mouth in a server so I can shit in it, or you can shut the fuck up. 

Thats the way I see it.
ssshhhhh use your indoor voice.

its amazing how humans can always be relied upon to carry on like new borns when they are backed into a corner with no real substance to reply with.

Cougar wrote:

I have a life and I don't have time for that.
time played per day you 1.8429
                               me 1.2696
                               mmmmm seems you do

Cougar wrote:

I suppose if I checked my stats enough to become a mod for this site
I would have "great" sniper stats too, because I might start to give a shit.
that made sense.

Cougar wrote:

Hey, why don't you put your money where your mouth is bitch?
im happy too, right after you create a magical uber optic connection so i can get less than 350 ping on a us server.

Cougar wrote:

I'd have great stats like you too if I created accounts that only play one kit
thats irelivent as i only compared sniper stats.

now that you have shown us all how smart and witty you can be with that amazingly well thought out reply.
dont post in this thread again unless its 100 percent in reply to the thread starters post.

anything else will be swiftly deleted.

if you wana act like a baby thats how ill treat you.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6705|Mountains of West Virginia

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are a useless class. 90% of the tiime they die more than they kill they never help the team except the odd time when they defend a flag. usely the team with the most snipers will not win. And if you notice the guys that are sniper are once again 90% noobies with low ranks. I do thank EA for putting the useless class in though without it I would never got my Expert knife  Expert C4 bagdes and soon expert pistal . Sniper's are the number one eazy target in battlefield and with maybe 20 to 25 guys in all of BF2 that are even good enough to play that class. I say long live the sniper has long has there on the other team it is almost like stat padding how eazy it is to kill them.

Plus how many time have you guys killed a sniper and then the dumb SOB goes right back the the same spot you just killed him.  Did I tell you how much I love my knife badge. Sniper are like crack just don't do it
I'll meet you on the battlefield man.

Lets see how you think about snipers afterwards.

Good luck.
Im in the same boat with ya. Id love to get my m24 and put your punk ass down.
/rant

Ok i have played sniper more (much more) then any other kit. I like to countersnipe, but ground level sniping is what i do best.

Now am i going to say that there are not noob snipers? Hell no. But people like nyte and infernal show good snipers are out there.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Fuck all of you, I am good sniper target, where is my kudos?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6677

the_heart_attack wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

plus grab a pkm and rambo it up? i normaly get close to the most kills in a round for my team, so then by your reasoning i must shift the balance too, thus contradicting yourself.

killing enemy is contributing is it not? defending flags is helping even more than running round handing out amo bags. and staying alive is a huge contributer to your ticket drop rate slowing.

but thats not what this thread is about now is it?, its about there being no good snipers and that they are easily picked of with a pkm.

First off, please don't take this as an attack on your skills or play style.  I'm just a casual gamer who mainly plays for the thrill of the kill.  I don't play for SPM, evident by my limited medic playtime.

I consider myself an OK sniper.  But from my own personal experience, Sharqi is really not very challenging for semi-auto snipers.  There are far too many kills of opportunities.  Many great sniping places, and easy enough to go hiding again if spotted.  There are far too many regular combat going on that snipers are often ignored.  Hell, I've PKM sniped on Sharqi quite a few times and never been hunted down, as loud as the gunfire may be.  The choppers and artillery ignore you too.

Now for a real challenge, you should try your sniping skills on Ghost Town.  A good 20-25% of the players are bolt-action snipers.  I'd say Ghost Town would be a harder map to maintain that 3 K/D.

Regards...
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6643|Florida

Snipedya14 wrote:

I like to countersnipe, but ground level sniping is what i do best.
Thank you. Here's someone that understands that to be an effective sniper you can't just climb a crane or get to the top of a building. Most of the good snipers here will hardly ever be found, because they have good places to snipe from. So all the newbie whiners ranting about pkm-ing our worthles sniper asses, need to take a seat and stfu.
THA
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra

Ilocano wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

First off, please don't take this as an attack on your skills or play style.  I'm just a casual gamer who mainly plays for the thrill of the kill.  I don't play for SPM, evident by my limited medic playtime.

I consider myself an OK sniper.  But from my own personal experience, Sharqi is really not very challenging for semi-auto snipers.  There are far too many kills of opportunities.  Many great sniping places, and easy enough to go hiding again if spotted.  There are far too many regular combat going on that snipers are often ignored.  Hell, I've PKM sniped on Sharqi quite a few times and never been hunted down, as loud as the gunfire may be.  The choppers and artillery ignore you too.

Now for a real challenge, you should try your sniping skills on Ghost Town.  A good 20-25% of the players are bolt-action snipers.  I'd say Ghost Town would be a harder map to maintain that 3 K/D.

Regards...
well i only play usmc so its bolt actions only for me.

plus i do like ghost town but unfortunantly the lag i get on sf is shocking, especially ghost town.

but in all honestly im pretty much sick of every map but sharqi.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6677

the_heart_attack wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Regards...
well i only play usmc so its bolt actions only for me.

plus i do like ghost town but unfortunantly the lag i get on sf is shocking, especially ghost town.

but in all honestly im pretty much sick of every map but sharqi.
Woops, forgot about that "USMC" part.  And I agree with you, Sharqi is my fave city map.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Snipedya14 wrote:

I like to countersnipe, but ground level sniping is what i do best.
Thank you. Here's someone that understands that to be an effective sniper you can't just climb a crane or get to the top of a building. Most of the good snipers here will hardly ever be found, because they have good places to snipe from. So all the newbie whiners ranting about pkm-ing our worthles sniper asses, need to take a seat and stfu.
How effective can a sniper be on a 64 player map full of 64 players when the round is over in 20 minutes or so?  Unless you play just all urban maps, which I beleive most of the self proclaimed sniper gods do, then you are not really helping that much.  Can you kill a tank, a helo, a plane, take a flag.....no.  In my opinion, unless you play those 24/7 Karkand maps that have rounds that last for an hour or so, I am not sold on the snipers effectiveness.
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6699
Im a good sniper! I used to play A LOT or cs so ya but the claymores r CRAZY!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard