Dilbert2468
+6|6754|Australia
rightyo buddy.. in my OPINION god created the world we live into day through science.

how can some ones opinion be wrong. as a meaningless statement or whatever, its an opinon.
im not making an arugment im just expressing my opinion on the matter.

anyways thats all im going to say have fun.

Last edited by Dilbert2468 (2006-05-20 20:50:56)

Dilbert2468
+6|6754|Australia
"Some people have the opinion that one race is superior to another, do you think this is right?"

No i don't agree with that but people are free to there  opinions. we live in a democratic society.
herrr_smity
+156|6641|space command ur anus

topal63 wrote:

Dilbert2468 wrote:

rightyo buddy.. in my OPINION god created the world we live into day through science.

how can some ones opinion be wrong. as a meaningless statement or whatever, its an opinon.
im not making an arugment im just expressing my opinion on the matter.

anyways thats all im going to say have fun.
How can someones opinion be wrong?

Easy:
It could be based upon FALSE beliefs.
If it is created out of ingnorance, then it seeks no facts, but has all the answers.
It might lend no valuable information to a debate demanding information.
It could be an emotional reaction rather than reflection.

Some people have the opinion that one race is superior to another, do you think this is right? If you think an opinion can't be wrong - then it must be right.

By the way I agree with your opinion to some degree but that renders this: You/I can be right & wrong at the same time.

(a) It is wrong from a scientific viewpoint and is meaningless.
(b) It is not a matter of right-or-wrong, it is meaningful from a personal perspective.
for being the first to get to page 50 you get +1
JaMDuDe
+69|6791
whats the longest topic on bf2s?
herrr_smity
+156|6641|space command ur anus
+100 if you can get to page 100
Dilbert2468
+6|6754|Australia
ive seen some pretty long ones.
goblinstomper
I ♣ Seals
+8|6579|Hampshire
Well im a satanist... and before you start putting your hands up ready to ask questions....DON'T!!!!
If you think we sit around conjuring demons or raising the dead... think again!
Read the satanist bible, most of you would be suprised, its probally how you live yur life already.
And although theres mountains of proof against every event in the bible, dont forget its been interpreted thousands of times and although some of the things are completely ludicus, the message is still worth paying attention to.
Besides... god only exists because people belive in him.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS

JaMDuDe wrote:

I think that goes to this topic. 90 pages! Before Trigger closed it
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6735|Sydney, Australia

Dilbert2468 wrote:

"Some people have the opinion that one race is superior to another, do you think this is right?"

No i don't agree with that
Hitler?
Khmer Rouge?
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Need any more?

Mcminty.

Last edited by mcminty (2006-05-21 01:47:23)

Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6709|Mountains of West Virginia

Dilbert2468 wrote:

That is very much like Deism. I am A Deist, and We believe that God created Earth and God also "made" (i use that term loosley) a system of laws to govern the Earth. (aka Gravity)

And through these laws god influences. But God does not take an active role in our day to day life.
Spark
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS

Snipedya14 wrote:

Dilbert2468 wrote:

That is very much like Deism. I am A Deist, and We believe that God created Earth and God also "made" (i use that term loosley) a system of laws to govern the Earth. (aka Gravity)

And through these laws god influences. But God does not take an active role in our day to day life.
There's no problem with this - the PROBLEM is when you try to ridicule science, move away from it and try to explain natural phenomena in an unnatural way.

And please understand that most scientists have a lot better things to do than to listen to creationists - they'd much rather spend their time working out how deep convection currents go, working out how gravity fits into particle physics, uncovering new fossils, etc.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6614|Sydney City, THE city.
I believe, that people read what they want to read in the Bible. I mean, there is so much hatred to Jews, for example, from people of other faiths, and it isnt hard to work that out. But none of them actually stop to think,
"Hey, Jesus Christ was a Jew!"
And if you look at the Qu'ran, you will notice that Muslims have the same prophets as Christians, just with different names. It is things like these that cause so called, "Holy Wars" and the like.
Also, if you look back into the history of the Crusaders, you will realise that every history book has a note, that Crusaders voted on what should be in The Book and what not. In my mind, the First Testament is the true Testament- unabridged. The way it should be.

Now, in my blood, I am Jewish, but dont even celebrate Jewish festivals. I go to the Synagogue once a year, but I am proud of being a Jew in Australia. But I dont believe in Hashem. But I do believe in somebody up there, looking on us little people down here, and making sure we do the right thing.
Spark
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS
I think I some kinda theory about how religion came about. This is merely an anecdotal example - others may be thought of along similar lines.

Tens of thousands of years ago, when tribes were all-important, and stone was the pick of the day, pigs were no-no animals.

The problem is that pigs, in their stomachs and other places, contain all kind of nasty stuff like roundworms. Stuff that can make you very sick. To get rid of these bugs and whatnot, yo have to cook it reaaal slow and reaaaaly long. However, they didn't/couldn't do that. Therefore, eating pig was a surefire way to get ill.

Now the tribal wisdom guy knows this. He doesn't know WHY, of course - that wouldn't be found out until thousands upon thousands of years later. So when he goes to 'spread his knowledge' to the kids:

Wise man: 'Children, don't eat any pig meat.'

Kids: 'Why?'

Wise man: 'It will make you very sick.'

Kids: 'Why will it make us sick?'

Wise man: 'Because God will be angry if you eat pigs and will punish you for eating such a dirty animal.'

Kids: 'Who's God?'

And so a religion is born.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730
that is kinda true, parents dont want to be embarassed by their kids if they dont know sumthing
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6764|the middle of nowhere
No seriously. What is the longest thread on Bf2s.com???
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6714

|CCCCCDark_Helmet wrote:

No seriously. What is the longest thread on Bf2s.com???

Spark wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

I think that goes to this topic. 90 pages! Before Trigger closed it
Reading ftw!
ShreksEsel
+0|6687
What BattlefieldMedic said is actually true... The 3 big religions have the same offspring. Allah, Jaweh, God... Three Names for exactly the same thing... Thora and Bible (old testament) are pretty much the same... And even the prophet Mohamed states, that Jews and Christians are believers, because they have a written religion and believe in pretty much the same thing as the muslims do...
Spark
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS
Actually, there are four. Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, and Ahul Mazda (for Zoroastrians)
~ Richard Feynman
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657
remember this one
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6459|The Land of Scott Walker

ShreksEsel wrote:

What BattlefieldMedic said is actually true... The 3 big religions have the same offspring. Allah, Jaweh, God... Three Names for exactly the same thing... Thora and Bible (old testament) are pretty much the same... And even the prophet Mohamed states, that Jews and Christians are believers, because they have a written religion and believe in pretty much the same thing as the muslims do...
I hate to respond to an old thread, but hey, someone else did so I'll keep it going.  Allah and Yahweh/God are not the same, they're not even similar.  Yahweh/God are the same.  Allah and God are almost exact opposites in their characteristics.  Mohammed has nothing to do with Christianity and is never mentioned in the teachings of Jesus.   The teachings of Islam and Christianity have quite a few differences, also.  Islam requires you to work to get to Heaven, Christianity only requires belief in the Jesus' sacrifice for sin.  Big, big differences.  As a Christian, I do not believe anything close to what the Islamic religion does.
jonsimon
+224|6509

Stingray24 wrote:

ShreksEsel wrote:

I hate to respond to an old thread, but hey, someone else did so I'll keep it going.  Allah and Yahweh/God are not the same, they're not even similar.  Yahweh/God are the same.  Allah and God are almost exact opposites in their characteristics.  Mohammed has nothing to do with Christianity and is never mentioned in the teachings of Jesus.   The teachings of Islam and Christianity have quite a few differences, also.  Islam requires you to work to get to Heaven, Christianity only requires belief in the Jesus' sacrifice for sin.  Big, big differences.  As a Christian, I do not believe anything close to what the Islamic religion does.
Allah is the same being as the christian god. Allah may have different characteristics, but they are the same being. Christianity may not share teachings or the prophet Mohammed, but Islam shares much of christianity, including Jesus. Islam requires you live a good life to enter heaven, and loose interpretation would allow one to enter heaven simply by living by the Koran without being muslim. Christianity also has denominations like the catholic church which require you work for heaven. Basically, Islam and Christianity are in a very general sense almost the same religion.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6544|Boston, MA
What I don't see is why can't we all just lead a good life anyways? If you die and there is a God you will have a great afterlife for eternity. If you die and that's it, who cares? Will that really bother you considering you are now non-existent?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569

Stingray24 wrote:

ShreksEsel wrote:

What a moron. 'Never mentioned in the preachings of Jesus'. Perhaps because a) Mohammed arrived on this planet some 600 years after Jesus and b) prophecies are bullshit. Your lack of understanding of how christians 'get to heaven' is beyond belief. Brahma/God/Allah/Yahweh = interchangeable.
PHPR Hunter
+4|6552
While I'm agnostic, I do find it interesting that so many cultures across the world came to believe in a "god".  What are the odds that people from every continent would all come to believe not only in a higher existence, but some type of life after death?  Granted, many of these religions life after death was only for the rulers or powerful...but there was life after death.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6496

PHPR Hunter wrote:

While I'm agnostic, I do find it interesting that so many cultures across the world came to believe in a "god".  What are the odds that people from every continent would all come to believe not only in a higher existence, but some type of life after death?  Granted, many of these religions life after death was only for the rulers or powerful...but there was life after death.
yeaa they do but any religion they alwys state this because they have to give their followeres moral that what there doing is justified

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard