Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS
Are you retarded? Or didn't you hear me saying that 'I won't dispute the bible's account of Jesus'?

Isn't it funny that almost EVERY NATURAL PHENOMENON can be explained by the theories of:

Evolution.
Plate tectonics.
Relativity.
Chaos Theory/Quantum mechanics.

And can you give me A DATE for creation? You're saying that humans lived for either 6000, 10000. 2 million of 20 million years. Make up your fucking mind!

And how do you explain cyanobacteria fossils? Don't tell me they are not real - they are real and can be seen ONLY at shark bay. Why only there? Because the predators that fed on them didn't adapt to very saline conditions, that's why.

How do you explain bacteria evolving IN THE LAB? Why are there 'strains' of bacteria - some less than 50 years old? Why are we afraid of bird flu developing human-to-human capabilities? If God created H5N1 so it COULDN'T - why are we afraid it can? Why are we seeing that this virus is the same strain as the one that developed in the 1910's - killing 50 million AT LEAST? WHY AREN'T THEY IDENTICAL?

Is it a coincidence that cows need a diet low in copper - and come from copper-poor areas (Europe)? Is it a coincidence that sheep need a copper-high diet - and come from copper rich areas (Middle Asia)? Why, then, did God say to raise them side-by-side, even though they have vastly different dietary requirements? What explanation do you have for this? God put them there and they just adapted to the conditions? That's called evolution.

How can you explain earthquakes, volcanoes etc. WITHOUT plate tectonics? Isn't it a bit strange that creationists try to debase the theory, then use it to debase another theory? How do you explain sea-floor spreading, AND weird 'strips' of polar reversal? How do you explain subduction?

How come every time we move to a new place, discover new land - the local wildife is demolished? Shouldn't God have known that humans would spread around the world - especially as HE was the one who did it in the first place! What better explanation do you have apart from the one that they had never been in contact with humans - so didn't develop defences afainst them?

Is it a coincidence that our tolerance for rare earth AND trace elements is EXACTLY PROPORTIONAL to the amount that is exposed to us? Is it God's work that we need a little selenium, but no lead? Isn't it strange that all of these new, man-made elements are toxic to us AT ALL LEVELS - but God must've knew they were possible! After all, he WROTE the laws of physics! Or did the 'laws of physics' evolve into such - so to speak - as most astrophysicists would say?

How do you explain bacteria that break down chemical materials - none of which are of the slightest use to them? Did God just make it so they can eat it - for no reason whatsoever?

If Genesis is correct, then the oldest human remains should be found either in the middle-east or northwest Africa. But hangon! The oldest remains were found in the RIFT VALLEY - a long way away.

And why would they NEED cities? Why do they NEED agriculture - it is much easier to pick up berries, hunt animals and catch fish than it is to plant a crop and harvest. Very unreliable - you depend on too many factors!

And if there was enough water to cover the Himalayas, as you suggest, where is it now? That is a LOT of water - about 9km deep! All the ice in the world can't raise the sea levels more than you can run in 15 seconds. So there are massive stores of water underground? Then show me evidence! I know there IS water underground - but not that much.

And why do humans need stone tools - the bible says that they were 'granted' the knowledge of much more advanced weapons straight away.

How can a flood disrupt U-235 decay? If the earth was less than 600 million years old - then every single rock with U-235 should have more than half of it - and half lead. But instead, we get rocks with almost ALL lead - and about a tenth of a percent Uranium.

IF the Big Bang never happened - then how do explain CMB? How do explain the inexplicable redshift? How do you explain the absence of ANY elements save hydrogen, deuterium, tritium, helium etc. - until fairly recently? How do you explain quasars seeming to be forming NOW - when redshift says that they formed 10 billion years ago?

How do explain the fact that the Big Bang theory was FIRST PROPOSED BY THE CHURCH? Why are you trying to debunk it? (talking to creationists in general here) Why does it seem to work?

How do you explain superdisasters? I hear no mention of the many asteroids hitting earth in the bible - several million of them - that would disrupt WORLD CLIMATE. I hear no mention of the tens of asteroids - some bigger than the 'dinosaur-killer' that have peppered the earth's surface. I hear nothing about super-eruptions, but they've been happening for millions of years! I hear nothing of hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis and such. Wouldn't have God warned the people of the Earth about these dangers? All they knew about was earthquakes. And surprise! the Middle-East is known for being an earthquake prone zone.

How did the dodo survive the flood, heh? No-one had heard of it until they found it on a remote island. And surprise! evolution can explain how they got there but why they can't get out. How would a flightless bird escape a flood that covered the whole globe?

AND HOW CAN FORTY DAYS OF RAIN CONSTITUTE A GLOBAL FLOOD? The atmosphere holds an AMAZINGLY SMALL amount of the the worlds water (like, under a percent). So you're saying that rain can somehow multiply exponentially the amount of water in the ocean?

If it wasn't global, then why are you purporting all this 'evidence' that says it was?

Why are you so SELECIVE when choosing evidence - you seem to focus on carbon dating, but that's not how some very old rocks are dated. How do you explain a rock dated to 4.3 billion years in Western Australia? The flood? Don't work - zircons can survive - untounched -  ALL geologic processes - except subduction (which constitutes plate tectonics. And Australia never has HAD subduction). Remember what I said about radioactive decay? Maybe not, so I will post the answer direct from a well-regarded physics site:

"Because the radioactive half-life of a given radioisotope is not affected by temperature, physical or chemical state, or any other influence of the environment outside the nucleus save direct particle interactions with the nucleus, then radioactive samples continue to decay at a predictable rate. If determinations or reasonable estimates of the original composition of a radioactive sample can be made, then the amounts of the radioisotopes present can provide a measurement of the time elapsed." -- Hyperphysics

So I'm afraid until you can do these two things:

1. Show me how else bacteria can develop resistance to antibiotics and develop new capabilities in a FEW YEARS. - without evolution.

2. Show me how a global flood is scientifically possible - and if not, how uranium/lead zircons can be dated wrongly - given the info I just posted.

3. Show me another, scientifically PLAUSIBLE theory that takes in ALL THE EVIDENCE and fits in with it - something creationists have never done. They are incredibly inconsistent - not giving exact evidence, not giving exact dates or info, giving very sketchy data etc.

Until you comprehensively answer these three questions, you have LOST.

EDITS: After dinner stuff... from the zircons onwards. ~Spark

Last edited by Spark (2006-05-03 03:47:28)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
I2elik
+12|6754|Perth, Western Australia

Spark wrote:

Are you retarded? Or didn't you hear me saying that 'I won't dispute the bible's account of Jesus'?

Isn't it funny that almost EVERY NATURAL PHENOMENON can be explained by the theories of:

Evolution.
Plate tectonics.
Relativity.
Chaos Theory/Quantum mechanics.

And can you give me A DATE for creation? You're saying that humans lived for either 6000, 10000. 2 million of 20 million years. Make up your fucking mind!

And how do you explain cyanobacteria fossils? Don't tell me they are not real - they are real and can be seen ONLY at shark bay. Why only there? Because the predators that fed on them didn't adapt to very saline conditions, that's why.

How do you explain bacteria evolving IN THE LAB? Why are there 'strains' of bacteria - some less than 50 years old? Why are we afraid of bird flu developing human-to-human capabilities? If God created H5N1 so it COULDN'T - why are we afraid it can? Why are we seeing that this virus is the same strain as the one that developed in the 1910's - killing 50 million AT LEAST? WHY AREN'T THEY IDENTICAL?

Is it a coincidence that cows need a diet low in copper - and come from copper-poor areas (Europe)? Is it a coincidence that sheep need a copper-high diet - and come from copper rich areas (Middle Asia)? Why, then, did God say to raise them side-by-side, even though they have vastly different dietary requirements? What explanation do you have for this? God put them there and they just adapted to the conditions? That's called evolution.

How can you explain earthquakes, volcanoes etc. WITHOUT plate tectonics? Isn't it a bit strange that creationists try to debase the theory, then use it to debase another theory? How do you explain sea-floor spreading, AND weird 'strips' of polar reversal? How do you explain subduction?

How come every time we move to a new place, discover new land - the local wildife is demolished? Shouldn't God have known that humans would spread around the world - especially as HE was the one who did it in the first place! What better explanation do you have apart from the one that they had never been in contact with humans - so didn't develop defences afainst them?

Is it a coincidence that our tolerance for rare earth AND trace elements is EXACTLY PROPORTIONAL to the amount that is exposed to us? Is it God's work that we need a little selenium, but no lead? Isn't it strange that all of these new, man-made elements are toxic to us AT ALL LEVELS - but God must've knew they were possible! After all, he WROTE the laws of physics! Or did the 'laws of physics' evolve into such - so to speak - as most astrophysicists would say?

How do you explain bacteria that break down chemical materials - none of which are of the slightest use to them? Did God just make it so they can eat it - for no reason whatsoever?

If Genesis is correct, then the oldest human remains should be found either in the middle-east or northwest Africa. But hangon! The oldest remains were found in the RIFT VALLEY - a long way away.

And why would they NEED cities? Why do they NEED agriculture - it is much easier to pick up berries, hunt animals and catch fish than it is to plant a crop and harvest. Very unreliable - you depend on too many factors!

And if there was enough water to cover the Himalayas, as you suggest, where is it now? That is a LOT of water - about 9km deep! All the ice in the world can't raise the sea levels more than you can run in 15 seconds. So there are massive stores of water underground? Then show me evidence! I know there IS water underground - but not that much.

And why do humans need stone tools - the bible says that they were 'granted' the knowledge of much more advanced weapons straight away.

How can a flood disrupt U-235 decay? If the earth was less than 600 million years old - then every single rock with U-235 should have more than half of it - and half lead. But instead, we get rocks with almost ALL lead - and about a tenth of a percent Uranium.

IF the Big Bang never happened - then how do explain CMB? How do explain the inexplicable redshift? How do you explain the absence of ANY elements save hydrogen, deuterium, tritium, helium etc. - until fairly recently? How do you explain quasars seeming to be forming NOW - when redshift says that they formed 10 billion years ago?

How do explain the fact that the Big Bang theory was FIRST PROPOSED BY THE CHURCH? Why are you trying to debunk it? (talking to creationists in general here) Why does it seem to work?

How do you explain superdisasters? I hear no mention of the many asteroids hitting earth in the bible - several million of them - that would disrupt WORLD CLIMATE. I hear no mention of the tens of asteroids - some bigger than the 'dinosaur-killer' that have peppered the earth's surface. I hear nothing about super-eruptions, but they've been happening for millions of years! I hear nothing of hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis and such. Wouldn't have God warned the people of the Earth about these dangers? All they knew about was earthquakes. And surprise! the Middle-East is known for being an earthquake prone zone.

How did the dodo survive the flood, heh? No-one had heard of it until they found it on a remote island. And surprise! evolution can explain how they got there but why they can't get out. How would a flightless bird escape a flood that covered the whole globe?

AND HOW CAN FORTY DAYS OF RAIN CONSTITUTE A GLOBAL FLOOD? The atmosphere holds an AMAZINGLY SMALL amount of the the worlds water (like, under a percent). So you're saying that rain can somehow multiply exponentially the amount of water in the ocean?

If it wasn't global, then why are you purporting all this 'evidence' that says it was?

Why are you so SELECIVE when choosing evidence - you seem to focus on carbon dating, but that's not how some very old rocks are dated. How do you explain a rock dated to 4.3 billion years in Western Australia? The flood? Don't work - zircons can survive, untounched ALL geologix processes - except suubduction - which constitutes plate tectonics. And Australia never has HAD subduction!

More after dinner.
Probably one of the most well thought out reponses in this thread, makes me proud to live in Western Australia too , what with having the oldest rock in the world in this state.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS
Oh, and I didn't just copy-paste that... I THOUGHT OF IT. Now if you can 'think' too... that would be greatly appreciated
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spark, I think you just killed a 40 page thread with one post.... Hey, next time you see John Howard can you throw some rocks for me? ...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
herrr_smity
+156|6630|space command ur anus

JaMDuDe wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

herr they say its between 6-10,000 years. If we evolved how come those are the oldest people? Wouldnt there be people from before those times?
its the oldest remains of humans going together and living in cities, not as tribes moving around hunting seasonal pray.
But how long are humans supposed to have been around? 100,000 years? Why did they start living in cities and recording history only about 10,000 years ago?
OK here's WHY.
they started to live in cities when they started to domesticate animals and plant crops, this in turn makes a nomadic lifestyle impossible.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
Ok, it just seems a little odd that it took them 90,000 years to domesticate animals and plant crops.

Spark, at least its within a few million years.

So your basis on believing evolution is bacteria can evolve and the flood couldnt happen??? If you prove the flood wrong all it does is say that the bible isnt litteral.

I wont "think" of an answer to this one, ill give you a link because they explain it better. http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art … mp;page=14

"The accumulation of mutations doesn't lead to a new kind of bacterium—it leads to extinction"

Could you show me evidence of this? How do cows and sheep adapting to their environment even prove evolution?

Im pretty sure there are plate tectonics. Sea floor spreading sped up during the flood. Heres how to explain subduction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subduction

So God should have taken mans free will away from moving onto wildlife? Why didnt evolution prepare the animals for human contact?

No its not a coincidence, the earth was made for us. The laws of physics are "finely tuned" and didnt evolve.

spark wrote:

Yeah He did. Do you mind explaining how these bacteria evolved to break down chemicals which are no use to them?

How do you know where eden is? The flood washed it all away. Can you show me where they found the remains? I thought that the first humans were supposed to have come from africa. When i enter rift valley in wiki it says nothing of the earliest human remains.

If they dont need cities why start 10,000 years ago? Did they intentionally wait until when a lot of people thought the earth was created to start living together? 90,000 years is a long time to wait.

Mountains are still rising, that means that they werent as tall thousands of years ago. Heres a link for the the water problem http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar … lood12.asp Do you know how much water is in the deepest parts of the pacific? If the sea floor rose and all that water was spilled onto land that would be plenty of water. Then after the flood the water "receded" back into the great deep.

Because stones are easy to mold and strong. Would you like adam to get his meat with a sniper rifle?

The uranium-lead dating method has produced so many anomalous readings that it has fallen into disrepute, even among Evolutionists.

Why couldnt the big bang happened thousands of years ago? Our galaxy is winding up so fast that if it were millions of years old it would be a featureless disc. But, its supposed to be billions of years and its still a spiral.

Cause the world started at one point and seemed to explode like the bible says. There was nothing then "let there be light"

Why would God warn everybody about every problem they might encounter at one point? Its not His fault we sinned. The bible does talk about "stars falling from the sky" .

How do you know dodo wasnt on the ark and it migrated after and got stuck?

Look at the link above.

There is evidence of a global flood. If you look at an evolutionist the extinction of most humans means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory Creationists think it was a flood. Things like the grand canyon are evidence of huge amounts of water to creationists, and to evolutionists its the result of millions of years.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-05-03 09:45:49)

Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6661|SoCal

JaMDuDe wrote:

Im pretty sure there are plate tectonics. Sea floor spreading sped up during the flood. Heres how to explain subduction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subduction
That doesn't explain the causes for a flood.....these are small gradual movements in the plates, whereas "The Flood" was more instantaneous (40 days vs. millions of years).  After all, the sea floor is still spreading (Atlantic Rift Zone for example) all of these millenia, yet there has been no global flooding recently, if ever.

No its not a coincidence, the earth was made for us. The laws of physics are "finely tuned" and didnt evolve.
Very possible that God created the laws of physics at the time of the Big Bang......hard to prove, but for me, quite easy to believe.

Mountains are still rising, that means that they werent as tall thousands of years ago. Heres a link for the the water problem http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar … lood12.asp Do you know how much water is in the deepest parts of the pacific? If the sea floor rose and all that water was spilled onto land that would be plenty of water. Then after the flood the water "receded" back into the great deep.
Mountains have risen and fallen......The Rockies are getting taller, yet the Appalachians are eroding......at THIS point in time.  The Hawaiian Island Chain is a classic example of mountain building and eroding WITHIN the chain itself, both happening at the same time.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/hotspots.html
http://www.platetectonics.com/oceanfloors/hawaiian.asp

Why couldnt the big bang happened thousands of years ago? Our galaxy is winding up so fast that if it were millions of years old it would be a featureless disc. But, its supposed to be billions of years and its still a spiral.
You are totally misunderstanding the dynamics of galaxies.  The stars in each galaxy evolve at different rates, dependent on their mass.  There are many different types of galaxies as well.....not just spirals, but barred spirals, irregulars and ellipticals (very old galaxies that may have started out as spirals billions of years earlier).......galaxies evolve too.
http://www.galex.caltech.edu/EDUCATION/education.html#
http://www.galex.caltech.edu/EDUCATION/education.html#
http://www.galex.caltech.edu/
Not to mention that from galaxy sizes and their aperture in the sky and the doppler shifts created by the galaxy's movement, we can calculate within a few billion years the age of the universe.  It only takes a high school understanding of physics and astronomy to come to this conclusion, along with observations.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
The causes of the flood were God. Spark asked where the water came from and a sudden lift of the sea floor could have produced enough water to cover the land. I suppose that its just random chance that you can estimate the age of the universe with some basic highschool skills? The people doing those age estimates already "know" how old the universe should be. Other scientists say its younger.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-05-03 11:37:45)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

JaMDuDe wrote:

The causes of the flood were God. Spark asked where the water came from and a sudden lift of the sea floor could have produced enough water to cover the land. I suppose that its just random chance that you can estimate the age of the universe with some basic highschool skills? The people doing those age estimates already "know" how old the universe should be.
Dude, you're just using god as an excuse so you can believe something you KNOW, deep down in your gut, is completely impossible.  What if I were to kill the president and then said 'God told me to'?
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
Its not impossible and theres evidence that it happened.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Give it to us, then, by an unbiased source and educated professors.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
Most websites who prove the existence of God have something about Him. So to you its bias. But there are MANY very educated people who know that we were created. Look on the other page and theres a link where there are 500+ scientist who dont believe in darwinism.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
here i quoted the post, 3rd thing from the bottom is the scientists

JaMDuDe wrote:

Ok, heres some evidence.

Against evoulution

The horse, one of the best examples of evolution says wiki. http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c016.html

http://emporium.turnpike.net/C/cs/top.htm

Finch go through a drought, all of them with small beaks die and the ones with big beaks live. So a bunch of these mutations could change the species right? No beaks go back to normal when the rain comes back. No evidence that they can change species.

Unfossilized dinosaur bones http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c026.html

Cambrian explosion. In china there is a PERFECT layer right under the cambrian to have fossilized anything
that might have evolved into the animals and theres nothing.

Complex organisms that need every part to work. http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art … mp;ID=2594

Fruit flies http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art … mp;ID=2602

Its impossible for life to form from lifeless matter IF there was this soup. http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/4220.asp

Evolutionist Frederick B. Jueneman candidly summarizes the situation:

"The age of our globe is presently thought to be some 4.5 billion years, based on radio-decay rates of uranium and thorium. Such 'confirmation' may be shortlived, as nature is not to be discovered quite so easily. There has been in recent years the horrible realization that radio-decay rates are not as constant as previously thought, nor are they immune to environmental influences. And this could mean that the atomic clocks are reset during some global disaster, and events which brought the Mesozoic to a close may not be 65 million years ago, but rather, within the age and memory of man."

Evidence for creation

HISTORICAL FACT that the prophecies were written before Jesus was born. They were far too detailed to just have so many meaning they must have come true sometime.
http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a023.html
http://christiananswers.net/dictionary/ … ecies.html

More prophecy http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t003.html

Heres some evidence of a young earth http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art … mp;ID=1842

possibly some more http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c009.html

Archaeology http://christiananswers.net/q-aiia/aiia-arch1.html
The bible was written on 3 continents by 35-40 different people over 1500 years.

Some questions for you guys to answer http://christiananswers.net/q-aiia/ques … ptics.html

Earth is perfect for scientific discovery and life. http://www.privilegedplanet.com/ Read the book if you want to know more.

2 billion people believe in this "false religion" when they are taught evolution in schools and its a proven "fact".

heres some scientists, already posted it before  http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB … amp;id=660
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/ar … efault.asp

There is one picture the voyager took....
http://www.planetary.org/html/news/arti … rthpbd.jpg
the next big one will be when they find the imaginary oort cloud. This is earth by the way shining in a beam of light.

This is just some evidence. Im sure there is lots more. Feel free to say its all bias and not true. I did use a lot of christian answer links so that might work.
MooseRyder
+37|6657|Montréal, Canada

JaMDuDe wrote:

Most websites who prove the existence of God have something about Him. So to you its bias. But there are MANY very educated people who know that we were created. Look on the other page and theres a link where there are 500+ scientist who dont believe in darwinism.
Ok Darwin might had been wrong, but hey, he was human like you and I, he can make mistakes.

Now tell me something...How god created humans?

Atleast Darwin had a explanation of the evolution of the human race startnig by "monkeys".

The only thing you have is...God created the man and the woman at the same time the 6th day. etc...

But NEVER you told us how, but hey since its "god", I guess ""god" dont need to tell us how he created humans right?.

Just that is enough for me to believe God was invented to control population by the high society persons.

Now i wonder with which goody goody christian website u gonna come with
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
Darwin never explained how the first cell was made. It just "appeared". A step by step instruction kit on how man was made isnt needed.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702

JaMDuDe wrote:

step by step instruction kit on how man was made isnt needed.
It's not? You keep telling us science is wrong because they can't provide exactly that, and now you're telling us its not needed? Ahhh I love double standards.
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
Saying we were created and saying we evolved over billions of years by random mutations are different. If we were created its not NEEDED to know how he put each organ together. We were created, plain and simple. If we evolved there should be fossil records and stuff.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-05-03 12:53:34)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
I see. So if you're right and we were created, absolutely no evidence is required. But if the overwhelming majority of the world's scientists are right, they need to back it up with observable fact and evidence. That, my friends, is the difference between science and religion...
MooseRyder
OMG you are ready to belive we been create plain and simple like if God was playin the Sims?

Cmon see thats the problem with religions they dont have explanations.

EDIT: You CANT answer my question because theres no answers about it BUT you still keep thinkin and beliving its true, that show me another good exemple of what religion does over people, we just need to look at you.

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-03 13:05:58)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I think Jamdude has gone over to the dark side for good... either that or he was brainwashed like the soldiers in Manchurian Candidiate
JaMDuDe
+69|6779
No. Theres a difference. Creation of man would not leave millions of years of random mutation in the fossil records. Im ONLY sayin that the bible doesnt need to explain how each part of the human was put together when we were CREATED. THAT IS IT. If the bible told us the exact way each and every little thing was created it would take a lifetime to read. Evidence is required on creation. Its not purely faith based.

Please show me how the first cell was made. It seems you know more than i do.

Last edited by JaMDuDe (2006-05-03 13:13:07)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

Jamdude, I didn't go through every one of those links, but I just got done reading the one on the dead sea scrolls.  Again the point I made earlier, they are vague.  The original prophecy stated 3 different people would come.  They conveniently paint the picture that Jesus fulfilled all three roles.

They said a child would be born and would be called "Wonderful" as their name.  Umm, was't this special child called Jesus, not Wonderful?

They also said the child would be noted by special marks, and show special windom and intelligence.  We see kids today with special wisdon and intelligence well beyond their years.  I don't recall the Bible indicating the Jesus had any special markings on his body.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-05-03 13:18:54)

MooseRyder

JaMDuDe wrote:

No. Theres a difference. Creation of man would not leave millions of years of random mutation in the fossil records. Im ONLY sayin that the bible doesnt need to explain how each part of the human was put together when we were CREATED. THAT IS IT. If the bible told us the exact way each and every little thing was created it would take a lifetime to read. Evidence is required on creation. Its not purely faith based.

Please show me how the first cell was made. It seems you know more than i do.
So your saying we dont need proofs over how god created the human, faith supose to do the job BUT YOU need proofs over how the first cell got created?

Are you serious?

EDIT: I guess the creation of the humans goes into the miracle box too huh?

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-03 13:24:15)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
The first cell? I happen to know for a fact that it was created by Him. He reached down into the primordial soup of the early Earth and caused life to appear with his noodly appendage. (Thanks to Marconius for the link). As you can see there is a staggering amount of evidence that this is the case. In fact, I would even hazard that there is more evidence for this theory than there is for creationism.

If you wanted a serious answer, I don't know how the first cell appeared. I don't think anyone knows for certain, but I can only imagine that when someone does come up with a plausible mechanism for the creation of the first cell, you will dismiss it and continue believing whatever the hell you want to believe. Or, I should say, continue to believe whatever answersingenesis tells you to believe.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

Skruples wrote:

The first cell? I happen to know for a fact that it was created by Him. He reached down into the primordial soup of the early Earth and caused life to appear with his noodly appendage. (Thanks to Marconius for the link). As you can see there is a staggering amount of evidence that this is the case. In fact, I would even hazard that there is more evidence for this theory than there is for creationism.

If you wanted a serious answer, I don't know how the first cell appeared. I don't think anyone knows for certain, but I can only imagine that when someone does come up with a plausible mechanism for the creation of the first cell, you will dismiss it and continue believing whatever the hell you want to believe. Or, I should say, continue to believe whatever answersingenesis tells you to believe.
LOL +1

All will bow before the FSM!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard