clssfdlogic
+0|6814|Uijeongbu, South Korea
I thought the patch was supposed to come out in August? 

DELAYED TILL SEPTEMBER

- EA Games

I thought the patch was supposed to come out in September?

DELAYED FOREVER CAUSE WE LIKE TO SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY PEOPLE GAVE US FOR THIS GAME WHEN WE KNOW THERE ARE THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED, BUT WHO CARES?  THEY ALREADY BOUGHT IT, LOL LOL! 

- EA Games

I wish there was a mutiny button for EA Games.  They need to get their act together and finish what they start!

Anyone know the inside scoop?  When the heck is this thing going to come out?
Croak
+11|6809|San Marcos, CA
Word on the street is that the patch will be released next week, Oct. 3rd.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6791|North Lauderdale, FL
unfortunately it's a little bit too late.  there are already hundreds of players who have ungodly amounts of points "earned" by blackhawk capping, stats padding, etc.  even if we try to believe that EA is going to strip these players of these points, the sad reality is that it probably won't happen. 

and i find it unlikely that EA will make it more difficult to capture flags while hovering over flags in the blackhawks in the next patch.  call me cynical if you want, but you have to see the situation from their perspective.  they are only out for our money, not for our best interest.  if you still have doubts, check out their own employees (some of them ex-employees, by the way) weblogs who develop for them.  they work 80+ hours a week for months on end trying to get games out the door and on store shelves.  for example:  http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html

EA is not a company that is interested in developing games the "right way" like Blizzard or id Software does.  id Software, for example, has maintained the mantra of "when it's finished" for all of their game releases.  they never give speculatory release dates for their games until they are 100% certain that the customer is getting the best game for their money.

will this keep me from buying EA products like BF2?  no.  will it keep me from playing them?  probably not.  i just try to enjoy the game for what it is.

just my $0.02.

Last edited by The Soup Nazi (2005-09-28 21:34:59)

Donnyboy
+1|6790
You know, the way the set a date, then promptly breeze right past it...makes you wonder if they're owned by microsoft.
Stasiek
Pojebany Hlop
+1|6844|Sicily, Italy
the rumor going around is october 3 2005 but this is what EAUK_Protagonist wrote to EA community on its forums http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6673

As many of you know already there is a new patch currently in development for Battlefield 2 which will address a large number of gameplay issues, balancing and bugs which have been reported through this forum and other sources.

Naturally there is a great deal of speculation about what the patch will contain and there have been several posts from users claiming to have insider knowledge into the final makeup of the patch.

While we understand the need and demand for further information, at this time there is nothing further to add except to say that patch development is progressing and so far is on schedule.

When we have definite, finalised fix lists or a release date for the patch we will update this thread immediately, however until that time there is nothing further to be added.

I would also reiterate the point that until you see information regarding the patch on an official EA site, such as this forum or the US site, posted by an EA employee take any information you receive with a pinch of salt.

Apologies for the frustration at the wait, however it is vital that the patch be delivered in the best possible condition, improving the game from where it is now and solving many of the issues and complaints which have been received so far. Similarly, speculative information from us at this point will undoubtedly lead to disappointment as the makeup of the final, release, patch will not be set in stone until it enters the final testing phase.
Heylove
Clear!
+0|6789

Croak wrote:

Word on the street is that the patch will be released next week, Oct. 3rd.
This is what I have heard as well.
evilcream
+0|6847
Sadly EA and Battlefield2 has lost my allegiance.  I don't care if the patch is being released today.  The whole game has already be ruined because of their indifference. Sometime in Aug. I decided "ill just wait for the patch before I continue playing." It was probably only a week or two till it was comming out anyway. Well, a couple months later, im done waiting, f-um! If they don't care about me and the money I gave them, Thats fine. There are Thousands upon thousands of games released every year and im certain that ill find another that is just as much fun, and I wont have to deal with all this crap. I don't think I would ever buy another EA product again.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6845|Missoula, MT
I don't see any reason to complain about the patch until Oct. 4th, if there is still no patch.  Time will tell. 
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6812|Lake Constanze, Germany
Since we stickied kilroys post, i think we can keep this all here...?!
Thx a lot for ur kind cooperation.

Greetz,
Agent

[/closed]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard