Tweaky
+0|6793|Bay Area, CA
I have about 8 to 10 people added to my leaderboard and saved correctly.  When viewing the leaderboard on the frontpage, it only lists 5 people...

I was hoping to see it list more people so I can quickly view who is online, or is it just the Top 5 of your Leaderboard?  Because I looked around and didn't see this documented or written anywhere.  Would be nice if it made note of it on this little area, or something similar...

Also, one of the players on my leaderboard always has an 'add icon' next to it, even though I click it and save the leaderboard.  And still the player stays... strange.

Thanks for this site by the way, I really like it!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6854|San Francisco

I have been bugging chuy for more slots on the frontpage for the leaderboard for awhile now... perhaps he will get on that soon!
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6815|USA, IL
More will display as long as the site has ever pulled up their stats, so type in there name or pid in the get stats slot at the top and it will put them in the quene.  After their stats are pulled up, up to 15 people will display on the leaderboard.

Last edited by MurrayP (2005-09-28 13:05:21)

Tweaky
+0|6793|Bay Area, CA
They all have stats generated though.  And I know they need to have stats generated to be viewed on the My Leaderboard page, but I am talking about the frontpage one, the little snippet in the lower right
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6814|Lake Constanze, Germany
Imo: Frontpage maximum 5, till now
personal leaderboard: maximum 25, till now
Correct me if i'm wrong.....

Greetz,
Agent
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6854|San Francisco

MurrayP wrote:

More will display as long as the site has ever pulled up their stats, so type in there name or pid in the get stats slot at the top and it will put them in the quene.  After their stats are pulled up, up to 15 people will display on the leaderboard.
No. Orange is exactly right, max of 25 in the Leaderboard section, 5 on the front page.
Tweaky
+0|6793|Bay Area, CA
I suppose it is only left to 5 for server loads or something?  Because reading another thread on the current 25 maximum in the My Leaderboard section, chuy states that he would need to recode a bit of the site to reduce server loads if he raised it to say... 50.  I dunno... but I wish we could have more than 5 people on the frontpage leaderboard, thats all :-/

Last edited by Tweaky (2005-09-28 14:28:04)

Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
Lets wait until big master Chuy comes along with candy and many, many presents....
*Woohoo, christmas* hey...its like waiting for the patch *argh -bump- did i say this?*

Greetz,
Agent
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6854|"Frisco"

My answer is no. Doing this, from a server load point of view, isn't the issue. Allowing the full 25 list on the homepage would wreck the design weight of the page.

If you are simply interested in doing a quick check of your mates, I suggest you just bookmark this page.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6854|San Francisco

What about removing 6-10 from the 'Top Players' section and adding 5 more slots to the 'My Leaderboard' section? I don't know about other people, but personally I don't really care about the top 10, and it seems silly to have more random players whom I don't care about than buddies who I play with all the time on the front page.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod

tF-voodoochild wrote:

What about removing 6-10 from the 'Top Players' section and adding 5 more slots to the 'My Leaderboard' section? I don't know about other people, but personally I don't really care about the top 10, and it seems silly to have more random players whom I don't care about than buddies who I play with all the time on the front page.
*clap clap*
I fully agree - who cares about that german 'broggi'....oh wait he's #1 again.....
Seriously, good idea....i vote for that!!! I don't care much about the top 10.

Greetz,
Agent
Tweaky
+0|6793|Bay Area, CA
Well then, I'd rather have a customizable frontpage leaderboard then a top 5 one you cannot control... unless you delete the ones you don't want, which is not something most of us would do.  That... and I really could care less about the top 10 players too.

Would be nice if we could customize the site a tad, like Google's Personalized Home.

Oh well, just seeing if any options like this is kept in thought, worth a shot to ask *shrug*

Last edited by Tweaky (2005-09-28 19:13:48)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6854|"Frisco"

Tweaky wrote:

Would be nice if we could customize the site a tad, like Google's Personalized Home.
o.O

Maybe version 10 of the site :p
Tweaky
+0|6793|Bay Area, CA
Hmmm I don't know what version this site is, but I am guessing v.10 is lightyears away, lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard