Poll

You drive over a friendly mine / claymore you didnt notice.

I punish, because it's not my fault!15%15% - 16
I dont. I have to open my eyes...84%84% - 90
Total: 106
xaven
+25|6704|Berlin
I just wonder how many people say they do not punish and I notice so many punishes on official servers (there is a tool that shows who punishes who). Let's make a poll, I'm curious about the result.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra
i think its a bit outdated as most servers now you can run over mines.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6746|EUR
People are going to lie. Like me Ive punished when something like that happens because I was angry. Doesnt happen anymore thoe.
xaven
+25|6704|Berlin
That would be nice, but the EA DE official servers have TK on =/
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.
i still get it in the server i play in. also when in a car and a tosser runs right in front of you. "oo its his fault i walked in front of him whilst he was shooting/driving in this direction. i better punish" fricking noobers. but i never punish
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6701|Uhh... erm...
I don't usually punish.

Once I was spamming jump over a landmine and it detonated. No idea how that happened.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6643|Australia
depends on where they put it.

If they put them near important access points ie. Exits of Factory on Kark. I should say that if someone does that I will purposely run them so I can punish the idiot who put them there.

However if I truly dont see them,  or when I could have avoided them, I wont punish.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6599|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I may have punished once or twice for this, but in general I'll forgive them.

However, i've had friendlies lay claymores and mines in the most stupid places that you can't avoid, so I'll punish them.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6808|Finland
Lol check the vote result...0-16 atm.
']['error
Banned
+630|6615|The Netherlands
lol i almost never punish, except whem im pissed off by something and some n00bteamate drives me over accedently or something, then i punish.. but that is rare
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6620
i usually dont punish, if I think they were in a good place, then its just my fault that i run them over, but when im having a bad day, or they are placed where a lot of teammates are going to be, i punish.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6592|Gold coast, Aus.
LOL! look at the results of the poll. i bet if 38 people were accidenlty tked, more than 3 people would punish. this annoys me so much!! it was quite funny when this noob was being annoying, so we told him to lay his c4 on this car, and then my mate drove the car into about 5 or so teammates, and then he started yelling over the voip "BLOW IT NOW!!! BLOW IT!!!"  amd he got punished by all of them and got banned from the server. we found it justified becaue,

A: he would run in font of people tanks (in karkand) when they were trying to get out, just so he culd get in and spawn camp.

B: he had like 300 ping and was lagging the server, and for some reason he wasn't getting ping kicked. so we did it manually
section9
+9|6818|USA
I forgive more then not because I've realized that punishing diminishes the overall team score and causes a loss if there are too many. And we want to win right?
NoS
karma padder
+13|6597|UK
i punish when i think its deserved, even if it's not their fault. for example i was in the gunner seat of the mec bomber and the pilot makes around 10 runs to the same base, collecting enemy AA missiles and not killing a single enemy, and never going after other targets that the bomber co-pilot can take care of easily. so he flys straight into a uav, and i punish the fucker.
noobmurderer
Banned
+1|6595
i always punish
i ripped out my page up key
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
I usually don't punish unless i'm having a bad kill death ratio day.  Or when the tk'er is a total idiot.  Sometimes I get tk'd by  someone I know, and I punish them when I didn't mean to.  Getting tk'd sucks. I have gotten so mad somedays that I will punish any and every person who tk's weather it my fault or not.
xaven
+25|6704|Berlin

noobmurderer wrote:

i always punish
I guess your second part of your name should be removed
PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada

noobmurderer wrote:

i always punish
lol

somtimes i forgive. Depending on if they keep tking people.
ilyandor
+31|6659|Phoenix, AZ
All A Yall Are Noobs.
Friendly Mines/claymore Does Not Kill Teammates On 99.99% Of Ranked Servers.
So No, I Dont Fucking Punish.
I'd Punish Your Momma, Though...
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
Pre 1.2 they did.  And the stupid idiots would trigger them with surprising regularity.  And you can still be tk'd by them when the enemy sets them off.  Hopefully your idiot teammates don't punish you for their own stupidity.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-03-19 14:59:49)

Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6636
I'll be honest sometimes I'll forgive if I truly know it was my fault , Although I 99% punish because if I TK I get punished.  Also I get really angry when playing BF if I have more deaths>kills and I just instantly punish and scream.
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6675
I dont punish if i screw up and get myself TKed by doing something silly i forgive but if a smaktard Kills me i will punish but i prefer to forgive as shit happens
Finbar123
+6|6777
Played Engineer last night on Warlord,and didnt notice friendly fire was off, laid about five  Mines.
All in places where Tankers usually dont see em.
Wthin I swear a minute I had -26 score must I suppose have TK'ld half my  team.
My bad,......if I had noticed ff was off I would not have laid em.
After five kick votes..... ..the admin quite rightly kicked me.
Lesson ...check the server settings.
Have to say though I kinda wondered if the assorted drivers in my team who drove over the mines thought  they were safe post the patch.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6600|Tasmania
I think I've probably punished twice, and both those by accident. I won't even punish deliberate team kills.

I hate punishers.

It's just like Wolfenstein ET as everyone there punished a tk. Punishing a tk is stupid as most of the time they aren't intentional.

Rise above it all.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6600|Tasmania

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

depends on where they put it.

If they put them near important access points ie. Exits of Factory on Kark. I should say that if someone does that I will purposely run them so I can punish the idiot who put them there.

However if I truly dont see them,  or when I could have avoided them, I wont punish.
Then you are a cocksmoker. You think you're teaching that person a lesson? Why not just join their squad so you can scream at them?

Help out the newer players ffs. Join their squad and let them know that perhaps placing a mine at that point is not helping. By co-operating and sharing information they are far more likely to become useful team players in the future. Punishing them for either their inexperience, stupidity, or samll-mindedness is not going to change anything other than increasing overall frustration and taking your mind off winning.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard