NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6671|Everett, WA, US
https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/8038/screen0226rc.png
Now, I know I don't have to explain what's wierd with this picture.  Where the hell did that come from?

To bad I couldn't get his name down.  At the time, I thought it was a glitch, didn't think he may have hacked.  But I always thought the F-35B was better than the F-18, so it's a dumb hack if it is one.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2006-03-18 00:15:01)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
The chinese runway. It spawns an f-18 when the americans take it over and at least one of the chinese jets is not airborn.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6671|Everett, WA, US
No it doesn't.  I am fairly certain that the airfield only spawns jets if it's chinese.  Thats how it works with every capturable airfield.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
wanna bet?
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6656|Los Angeles, CA

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

No it doesn't.  I am fairly certain that the airfield only spawns jets if it's chinese.  Thats how it works with every capturable airfield.
You are incorrect. If the USMC captures the Airfield at Wake Island, they have American jets spawn on the runway. It's the same for the PLA; if they capture the Airfield, they have Chinese jets spawn on the runway.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
umm....I can't play most levels involving planes in it (graphics card isn't supported by BF2) so what is exactly wrong?
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6656|Los Angeles, CA

gene_pool wrote:

umm....I can't play most levels involving planes in it (graphics card isn't supported by BF2) so what is exactly wrong?
Exactly wrong about what..the jets spawning, or your graphics card problem?
arson
+99|6638|New York

Skruples wrote:

wanna bet?
Yes but first take the hand eye test I just dont want to steal a blind mans $
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
the jet thingy.
DeathsTouch
Team NHB
+35|6656|Los Angeles, CA
lol I scared the crap out of my little brother with that dirty little thing arson. gg.

edit:

About the jet, nemesis doesn't believe that the USMC jet can respawn at Airfield of Wake Island 2007 if they capture the Airfield, and believes that it is a Chinese-only airfield. I'm telling him he's wrong, and gave a quick and dirty explanation of why...basically.

Last edited by DeathsTouch (2006-03-18 00:23:13)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
well there was a jet on wake we can all agree on that.

so the only possible solution is he is playing a mod or its from the pla airfield that is now under usmc control.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6671|Everett, WA, US
Not a mod, the server message says 702recon, which is a ranked map.  I guess I have to test that USMC airfield bit.  But if USMC planes did spawn at the airfiled, shouldn't F-35Bs spawn instead?  There is generally only one or the other.

Then again in Zatar Wetlands, F-35Bs spawn at the carrier, and an F-18 spawns at the airfield I think.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
Trust me about the airfield. I dont know of any other map where this is the case, but the f-18 does spawn there when the US takes the field. If you dont believe me, go chill out at the airfield until the U.S captures it, and you'll see. (You may have to wait until the chinese jets get shot down as well.)
Bilco
+3|6675|Northamptonshire UK
i have seen this plane once i have captured the airbase on Wake many times
[tlv]TDL
+7|6659

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Not a mod, the server message says 702recon, which is a ranked map.  I guess I have to test that USMC airfield bit.  But if USMC planes did spawn at the airfiled, shouldn't F-35Bs spawn instead?  There is generally only one or the other.

Then again in Zatar Wetlands, F-35Bs spawn at the carrier, and an F-18 spawns at the airfield I think.
No, it's not a f18 on zatar, only f35s.

And back to topic: As said many times, airfield on wake spawnes two j10s if chinese, and a (one?) f18 if USA holds it.

Last edited by [tlv]TDL (2006-03-18 02:08:11)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

neg.

When us has airfield us jets spawn there. Found this out on my own tonight actually.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6674|Australia
When the US take the Airfield it spawns instead of one other J10.

This is %100 accurate
Inquatitis
+1|6639
wake island is the only map that does this.
once you cap airfield, you get hte F-18.

now if you cap Intake on Kubra Dam nothing spawns.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

its f-18s at the airfiled is USMC has captured it, end of discussion
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
WOW people, the F-18 DOES spawn, I'm 100 trillion gazillion percent sure, my most played map is Wake Island, I have 88 hours there.  The F-18 spawns at the Airfield after the USMC takes it, not sure if it matters how many jets the PLA has, but it does spawn there.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-18 08:33:16)

ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6742|Clinton, MD, USA
YEp. THe f-18 does spawn on the US-captured Chinese runway.
R.Rabshaw
+1|6680
I thought this thread was a joke, but now that I read through it, I guess the original poster is serious.

I honestly can't think of words to express how unintelligent I think you (the original poster) are.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6758|Longueuil
when usmc capture the chinease airfield it spawn a f-18 in order for it to chase the j-10s
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
its true, an f-18 spawns wen usmc has chinese airbase. how could u not know that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

There is honest confusion about aircraft spawning. Some flags on maps, if taken from the original owners, will not spawn aircraft. However, the airstrip on Wake Island will spawn jets for any side that controls it, so long as at least one of the original jets have been destroyed. It was this way in 1942 as well.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-18 12:58:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard