[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6761
Let's see, how about while frantically trying to manuever a full blackhawk so that some locked-on missiles miss, accidentally hitting the "e" key, and having the chopper crash into the ground.  Yea, I'd say that sucked.

Oh yea, and how about wiring a jeep with c4 (all 5 packs) for a suicide carbombing, while forgetting I was squad leader.  That jeep had a wee bit more than just 5 packs of c4 and me in it when I hit the red button, something I learned of 1 second later.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-10-24 19:30:07)

Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6781|Alabama Coast, USA

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

20 But yeah, all those pistols really can be used as sniper rifles.
Yeah they can... medium-range, anyhow.  I got my pistol badge first try (the stat update after I finished it, I had 9 global pistol kills total).  I was at Sharqi, ran from the TV tower towards construction, and found a nice bushy spot in the grass.  Use Spec-Ops for that... nice silenced pistol, harder to be discovered...  just take your time lining up the shots, and try to pop several rounds in a row.  Spec Ops pistol also seems to kick less... but that may just be my imagination.

How about this one that happened the other night...  on Karkand, most of the fighting had moved North (I think I was MEC), and I notice a lone hostile infantry was spotted at the Hotel (first, southermost cappable flag), I was dead, so I changed my spawnpoint there to defend it.  Another friendly must've done the same... I run up on the building next to (just south of) the hotel patio (with the flag)...  I see grenades popping up in my direction...  one did a fair bit of damage... so I start lobbing back, and hear "Cool it!  Cease fire!" etc.   The other friendly was on the other side of the flag, throwing my way (and I guess got the guy with one of those nades), and we were basically throwing at each other after that point.  Whoops on both of us...  though I'm the only one that said, "Sorry."

Being some kit, could be medic holding the medic bag, or spec ops holding a C4 pack...   see an infantry, and switch weapons to shoot, only to find that instead of a full-auto carbine, or assault rifle, you're lobbing pistol rounds at them semi-auto.  I also use semi-auto a lot on full-auto weapons to try to pick people off at medium-long ranges, and often forget to switch back when I get into close-quarters....  hit and hold left-mouse and  "pop" followed by the dreaded 15 seconds, rather than "rat-at-at-at-at....".

And I always feel like a noob when I'm a full-health Assault, and I meet say a spec ops, start unloading on them, and it seems like they get me in 1-2 shots...  "whoever [G36C] LazarusTaglim"...   lovely... why isn't my G36 that good???
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Talk about the dumbest of all mistakes,

our BH just got shot down, me and 2 mates bailed out in time. We all manage to parachute deep into enemy territory, and land in one of their bases. Totally oblivious to the 3 parachuting men, is this USMC guy who's manning the AA-guns. My mates (we're all sitting side by side at my place - brought our comps over etc since we stay pretty nearby) all gave each other the look.

3 of us proceeded to draw our knives and it was a mad rush for the guy in the AA (Still oblivious). at the SAME time we all jumped past the sand bags and started clicking away like crazy.

I got the guy, and my mates got each other. Talk aout stupid. Lol
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
@polarbearz

Now thats funny right there! 

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-10-25 05:36:15)

Foo-Fighter(UK)
Boom...Headshot!
+0|6843|Sunderland, UK
i got an embarrasing mistake,

i was sniping from a crane on Kurba Dam, i jump off from the crane and pull my parachute. i sail slowly to the floor........

BOOM!!!!!!

only to land on a exploding barrel!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

we were all on bloodlust. Lol
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6838|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Embarassing mistake made good:

I was playing on a 32p Dalian Plant map and I saw a PLA trooper running down a slope behind a flag, towards me (I wonder why he didnt just shoot me as I was in his full view). As he ran behind a knoll, I lobbed a grenade hoping to catch him dead in his tracks. Well, due to lack of bootcamp training and BF2 gym time, my grenade fell short, hit the boxes behind the building and saw it dropping on the floor. I went "oh f**k me, here we go again." And then, the PLA soldier appear from round the corner of the building, ran past the boxes. I went "oh this is effing great! I am about to get blown up by my own grenade and get shot at, all at the same time". So I pointed my L85 at him and he being a member of the bunny hopping clan, he jumped and when he was about to take a shot at me, the grenade that fell short went off and killed him mid air. Touche. I was grinning stupidly for a good 5 minutes after that. His body was twisted like a ragged doll midair
tonynoc
+0|6762
aye, i still shoot at my own team when they come around a corner...good thing i cant aim worth a damn..just look at my kills,blah. and i still jump when my own squad spawns on me. EEK! but my noob moves of all noob moves...jumpin off roof in constuction site..open chute...meeting bobwire...5 times in a row before fig. out what was killing me. "OH, maybe i should jump off the other side?"
Hoosyourdaddy
+0|6758|NZ
As far as I can reconstruct it, my worst moment was as follows:

1. Spawn as USMC on Wake arty island (so far so good)
2. Jump in stinger emplacement to take a pot shot at jet coming in for a low strafing run (also, so far so good)
3. Hit jet at a distance of about 10 metres, jet wreckage rams a friendly attack chopper passing overhead (killing both occupants) which in turn drops onto a number of people just spawning in
4. Instant kick with -17 score for TK'ing and a number of punishes...as apparently it looked like I killed everybody....

*sigh*

At least I think that's what happened...it was all over 10 seconds after I started the round...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard