=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835
Seriously. you never know how much flak noobs get til people think you are one. I'l explain what I mean.

so tonight.. I join a server with a bunch of buddies. half way into the 2nd round I notice my rank says Private, but  I have my unlocks. well I remember reading on here that this has happened to multiple people so I didn't give it another thought. well.. when I was pretty much owning it up, I was getting called a noob and crap. and I was like "WTF" and then this guy "|||BRUISER|||" was asking why all us 4th weren't getting in the top three in the past few games(when we actually were). then he would say "BECAUSE YOU'RE THE 4TH TEAM HAHA" lame I know... anyways.. it was kind of funny.. because  he was a lance corporal and he had like 9 kills and 20 deaths.. and most of his score was team score... and the round that he said that crap, I placed second... I woulda been first but the commander pulled ahead.
anyways. the next round came and  everyone on the opposite team started raggin on me calling me a noob.. all the while I was owning them.. and they'd make excuses like "oh yeah shoot me while I'm shooting somebody else" (keep in mind we were in planes.. lol.. and I shot this guy out of the cockpit when he said this.) and then the same guy bailed out of his jet and was parachuting over our runway. and I killed him while he was parachuting. and I was jokingly saying "owned" and he's like "yeah shoot me while I'm parachuting" LOL.. anways.. this went on and on and on.. this guy would not let it go... but finally I guess I owned him too much and he left

anyways.. though it was funny that they were calling me a noob while I was in 1st/2nd place, it was still horrible how mean people can be to noobs.
Does this mean I'll stop saying "hahaha NOOB." haha probably not.. considering I'm usually joking when I say it.  but anyways, yeah.. that's my story.

have any of you had this happen?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

tell the f00bar to go home and cry to m0mmy.

Happens all the time, esp cuz i play commander a lot, they go like: oh all you know is arty, i bet you can't beat me 1v1 etc etc
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
noobs.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6826|St. Louis, MO
NOOB,what a stupid word to make complete dorks feel superior.
McCullough
+7|6840
If some moron walks right into my claymore and then give me punish i get mad and call him/her noob. because no Pro gamer would ever give punish for claymores
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6843|Missoula, MT
Kind of happened to me last night too...although there wasn't any name calling involved.  I started a new account last night for kicks... So really, I was a noob for that round...and did quite well if I say so myself. Check the stats for yourself.  http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/player/bf2s.dave/ (I only link to this site because it hasn't updated on bf2s yet, sorry chuy )

Started "owning" for the round and racking up medals...all in my first game!  Even got that darned Purple Heart, which I wasn't trying for and still haven't gotten on my regular account.  Thank goodness.
Bloody Sky
+2|6846|Texas
I never call anyone a n00b.
1. We all where at one time.
2. N00b is just a fucking stupid word.
3. It annoys me when I get called a n00b so I don't say anything.
4. It's just plain annoying. When I see people say that word in severs it makes me sick.
5. The word n00b is just fucking stupid.  Oh, did I already say that?
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6840|Munich, Germany
i only call out n00b tubers and some even dont get it
had this one guy some days ago running around with the 203 out all the time and i called "n00b tuber". his response was only " im not a n00b its my 2nd account man". i just refuse to reply to something like that.

to bad the other guy whom i shot while he was bunny hopping didnt reply to my global "the bunny is down!" comment

but i agree its a stupid word but appropriate for stupid ppl
Guruz
Sir
+20|6840|government yard in trenchtown.

Bloody Sky wrote:

4. It's just plain annoying. When I see people say that word in severs it makes me sick.
You can't read my mind more!
McCullough
+7|6840

mort4u wrote:

but i agree its a stupid word but appropriate for stupid ppl
Exactly! Indeed!
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6788
You do have to feel bad for new people, I definitly agree on that, but I would have to say that its when more experienced people start acting rediculously or in a horrid manner that it really takes the game down a few levels.
I was on a server earlier and after a while (and I am doing quite well) I see a kick vote against me.  After asking what they wanted me kicked for, I get the blunt answer "cause u hack".  I can see why it looked that way, I had 25 kills to 4 deaths with the MEC Spec Ops, so while understandable, it was a little dissapointing to have him then insult me and telling me I had to call him Sir.  (he obviously had no idea about rank seeing as he was the same as me )

Sad when people cant get along.
fistfullofclams
+1|6834
A while back i got called Ass cock sucker for killing some guy...I asked "why would you call me that" after i said that  he stayed quit the whole game hehe.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6810|Lake Constanze, Germany
There are sometimes very stupid ppl out there and sometimes,
but only sometimes, i call em 'b00n' or 'idiot' (mostly ppl on my team)  or 'camper' ....but only if it really has to be!
Ok, i don't think the ppl are stupid, though (perhaps there might be some) - it's their behaviour i call stupid.
On the other hand, i dont have a problem when ppl call me that cuz of doing stupid things.
It's ok, i know i do stupid things sometimes and then it's fair to flame me also

So c'mon guys, it's a online game - lil flaming granted...

https://217.20.115.62/images/show/agents-pics/funpics/drchaos.jpg

Greetz,
Agent
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6850|San Francisco

In your case SlayThem, these people were calling you a noob because you were owning them. They had their little gaming egos hurt and resorted to namecalling because they apparently weren't good enough to shoot your plane down.

Every multiplayer video game has some form of this. In q3 people call me an aimbot, in ut2k4 its cheater, and bf2 has adopted noob.

I think it is getting even worse though, since it seems like more and more 'casual gamers' are starting to play much more frequently. They simply cannot comprehend how someone else can be so good at a video game. Compare that to the current q3 community where only the most hardcore of people still play online. Noone ever gets accused of cheating anymore because everyone knows everyone else and because we have all been playing quake for years and years.

As game companies expand their user base I expect these issues to get even worse, but there really isn't much to do about it.
Epitome
+0|6843|The Netherlands
Never been called a n00b, but I got called a camper whilst in a chopper over Sharqi Peninsula...

They just hated it when I killed them every time when they were trying to take over a flag.

When people really get anoying I simply change to another server, I'm not accepting someone's rant when I'm trying to have some fun.
Bloody Sky
+2|6846|Texas

Epitome wrote:

Never been called a n00b, but I got called a camper whilst in a chopper over Sharqi Peninsula...

They just hated it when I killed them every time when they were trying to take over a flag.

When people really get anoying I simply change to another server, I'm not accepting someone's rant when I'm trying to have some fun.
I've been called a camper while sniping. 0.o
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod

Epitome wrote:

And what did u do in that chopper? I guess u camped a flag and didn't leave, but call it fun.
If not, tell me.......
I see many of these guys on Sharqi....

Bloody Sky wrote:

I've been called a camper while sniping. 0.o
@Sky: Eh, how else would u call a sniper then?! Especially when lying always at the same position or lying at an uncap.
Even lying at a capable, but all they do is spawnkilling without taking any flag.....
Imo sniper=camper (in most cases)

Greetz,
Agent
Epitome
+0|6843|The Netherlands
As a chopper pilot I camp all flags so the enemy doesn't take them...

If u camp one flag as u say, ur dead in an instant by an enemy chopper, tank, AA or whatever!

And u expect snipers to take over flags?!?
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod

Epitome wrote:

As a chopper pilot I camp all flags so the enemy doesn't take them...

If u camp one flag as u say, ur dead in an instant by an enemy chopper, tank, AA or whatever!

And u expect snipers to take over flags?!?
Yeah, say what u want......i know u guys
And, tbh yeah...a sniper can walk, too! So why couldn't he cap flags?
Did you know the flag lowers/raises when a sniper is in the radius. Just wondering.......

Greetz,
Agent
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6808|The planet Tophet
i feel bad too you just got to stick up for em. i say "takes one to know one" like when someone says NOOOB
Rakasan
+7|6839|California, USA
Holy chit *TS*tphai, something must be wrong with your bf2s sig

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-09-28 19:58:12)

Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
Vote for: best player

Greetz,
Agent
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6842|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
He hit the reset button on the console- wait a minute...

BTW, I don't. (Thread title)
clssfdlogic
+0|6812|Uijeongbu, South Korea

Bloody Sky wrote:

Amen brother.
[LFX]angus
+0|6828|Texas...unfortunately
4th, I don't think you could've been doing too wonderfully; I calculated your score per hour, and you are getting less than 100, a SPM of 1.62...not exactly great

Last edited by [LFX]angus (2005-09-28 23:48:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard