[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6752

polarbearz wrote:

Thats boring Burzerk. Then you don't know who is yakking on the radio chatter around the corner.
If you don't see the same command in text on your screen, then the enemy said that with english VO. I use this to great effect because if you hear "Grenade!" or "Frag Out!", and you don't see any text on your screen then you better move your ass. Also, if you hear Clear! It's recharging! and you don't see that on your screen, you know a medic is nearby with his paddles out, so two easy kills coming up...

If you use the other voice chat you can't always tell what they are saying, although grenade is pretty obvious.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6842|Deutschland/Germany
You didnt see the worst mistake they made:
go into *yourBF2folder*\mods\bf2\   and open Common_client.zip
Sounds\EU\Grunt\no_filter\AUTO_MOODGP_TM_goodtogo_alt.ogg and listen to it.

You will hear one say: "You re alright, back in there......sorry....*laugh*"
I guess they forgot to cut the laughter at the end out. You can hear this ingame too......
JAMER
+3|6679
Canadians, are like, smart, uh... or something.

Good Post.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
To me their accents sound like a German/Austrian speaking English.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6842|Deutschland/Germany
Hmmm no I really dont think it s German. To me it sounds like a scandinavian language. The only thing I know for sure is that the squad leader has a french accent.
-----> Common_client.zip    Sounds\EU\Squadleader ....

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-03-15 11:52:51)

Deety
Grammar Nazi level 4
+5|6670
Sod the bugfixes, in the next patch they should fix the USMC lone wolf or squad member voices so they resemble Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel...
Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6648|Puerto Rico
I think that the accents were funny, but nice. After all, Eurpeans DON'T spesk english on daily life, so I get why its the accent so fuc*** funny.
Buzerk1
+44|6843

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Thats boring Burzerk. Then you don't know who is yakking on the radio chatter around the corner.
If you don't see the same command in text on your screen, then the enemy said that with english VO. I use this to great effect because if you hear "Grenade!" or "Frag Out!", and you don't see any text on your screen then you better move your ass. Also, if you hear Clear! It's recharging! and you don't see that on your screen, you know a medic is nearby with his paddles out, so two easy kills coming up...

If you use the other voice chat you can't always tell what they are saying, although grenade is pretty obvious.
Now everybody know why I use this setup...tsk tsk tsk...

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-03-15 13:32:03)

Chowley
+1|6692|Ireland

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

You didnt see the worst mistake they made:
go into *yourBF2folder*\mods\bf2\   and open Common_client.zip
Sounds\EU\Grunt\no_filter\AUTO_MOODGP_TM_goodtogo_alt.ogg and listen to it.

You will hear one say: "You re alright, back in there......sorry....*laugh*"
I guess they forgot to cut the laughter at the end out. You can hear this ingame too......
lol .

After listening to all them, i can actually understand what they are saying while unfiltered . They need to change that its really bad. Im pretty convinced they are scandinavian, at least the commander anyway.
Hydroion
+67|6629|England
they should actually get some actual real brtish army soldiers to do the voices.. i mean who better to voice the britsh sas than THE sas?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
rofl

Spec-Ops - French
Sniper - German
Assault - Scandanavian
Support - British
Engineer - Scandanavian
Medic - French
AT - Scandanavian

j/k, but they seem to have all sorts of different accents.  It's really weird
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
how can u change the lanuguage an army speaks (I want to change to EU voices to either French or German)
barleymeister
+0|6624
i think they're trying to be dutch, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when they thank me for healing or reviving them
{CN}420
+30|6684
Yeah it's funny because you have more time to see where they're coming from because they talk so slow.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock

reubenhelms1 wrote:

I cant say I've taken too much notice of the Euro accents, but I thought the SAS accents from BF2SF were pretty good.

Just imagine an SAS medic with an east london accent saying "It's a bandaid, init!?", or a Scot accent "Its just a flesh wound, git on yer bike, Jimmy"

For the benefit of alot of US players, sticking with educated british toff accent is probably a good thing.

I'm still holding out for some Australian SAS. "Pass's the savlon, wouldja" "yeah, no worries"
yeh i would like AUS SAS, there are mods u can get 4 those things, but i dont know how 2 mod so it is kinda useless 2 me!

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2006-03-15 22:29:21)

Nikolos
+0|6632
The euro force voice song gay.... but i think it's funny !
I like the medic
armin
+0|6762| Bosnia & Herzegovina
sounds to me like a few guys from Ea just did the VO overnight
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6716|austria
its funny about what pllz can complain..... roflmao ownserbizzlebopped! go and die in a corner!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
sheggalism
+16|6749|France
Right, EU squad leader has a french accent, but what a weird french accent he has !
I've never heard people from my country saying "requesting ammo ICI" ("ici" means "here" in french) : that's called "frenchglish", a mix between english and french (like Jean-Claude Van Damme for those who know him), : like "putain guys on se fait kick ass by les ennemies bien bad and it hurts beaucoup" lol

Commander and female voice sound quite germanic. I don't complain about that, since chinese and SAS voices are already funny (russian make me laugh sometimes too).

It should be like that :

Spec Ops : Scandinavia
Sniper : UK (they make quite good sniper riles : Accuracy International)
Assault : Germany
Support : Spain
Enginner : Italy  (they make the best shotguns : Benelli, Franchi...)
Medic : France (cuz of the FAMAS and our medicine is said to be one of the best)
AT : Poland or any slavic country
wiking18
+0|6771|Norway
I could do Norwegian voices for EU, that could be fun.

Be prepared for phrases like:

AMMO! (simple to get)

KONTAKT FRONT! (simple to)

"FI!" (Not so simple to get)

"SE T HELVETE Å FÅ RÆVÅ I GIR"

"DET BRENNE PÅ DASS!"

"Mottatt"

"Gjenta"

On another note, 2 Norwegian soldiers died on exercise 2 days ago
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

Good to see the BF2 series have continued the tradition of really really bad european accents. They probably couldn't decide which european nationality to use, so kind of went for a basterdised hybrid, which obviously didn't work.

I for one would have opted fo a scottish accent. Scottish people just have an awesome accent. Same with Irish, but if I had to chose one, it would be scottish.
Seeing EA try to do an Aussie accent would be hilarious. It would be so OTT that it would fulfil every Kiwi's vision of the Australian steriotype.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
doktajimmy
+0|6657
Awesome, I'm just downloading EF now,  I've heard that it's not worth it.  But from what I've been reading about the accents I can't wait to get this mutha installed.
Ballistix5
+36|6781|Forster NSW
I think there REALLY muffled, Metro Sexual French men

Dunno why they didnt make it proper or somthing instead of Frenchys Speeking english.

Cant wait for the Australian SAS
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6741|cairns australia

Ballistix5 wrote:

I think there REALLY muffled, Metro Sexual French men

Dunno why they didnt make it proper or somthing instead of Frenchys Speeking english.

Cant wait for the Australian SAS
the aussie sas will surely sound like steve irwin.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD

Spearhead wrote:

rofl

Spec-Ops - French
Sniper - German
Assault - Scandanavian
Support - British
Engineer - Scandanavian
Medic - French
AT - Scandanavian

j/k, but they seem to have all sorts of different accents.  It's really weird
Assault should be the British since they're using the L85A2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard