JAMER
+3|6669
What accent are the EuroForces Soldiers?  Is it just me or does it just sound like a bunch of Yankees trying to talk like ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER?

I was hoping we would at least get some real Brits or Scots in there, not the likes of the SAS in BFSF.

What would you have liked to have seen Dice do for the voice overs instead?

Last edited by JAMER (2006-03-15 07:47:52)

Erkut.hv
+124|6732|California
I'm from the US, and I can't play on the Euro side. Those accents sound like fooked up muppets or something. I am trying to shoot people, and I can't do that if I am laughing every time I hear someone say something.

AWFUL VOICEOVER WORK, Dice should be ashamed.
JAMER
+3|6669
"Enemy Sniper Spotted, Enemy Armor Spotted... It's not a TUMOR!"
Jakethe8lf
+13|6638|Victoria, Australia
Get in, get in, mount up, GET TO DA CHOPPA!
reubenhelms1
+0|6730|Brisbane, Australia
I cant say I've taken too much notice of the Euro accents, but I thought the SAS accents from BF2SF were pretty good.

Just imagine an SAS medic with an east london accent saying "It's a bandaid, init!?", or a Scot accent "Its just a flesh wound, git on yer bike, Jimmy"

For the benefit of alot of US players, sticking with educated british toff accent is probably a good thing.

I'm still holding out for some Australian SAS. "Pass's the savlon, wouldja" "yeah, no worries"
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6680|UK
lol, savlon.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6710|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Erkut.hv wrote:

I'm from the US, and I can't play on the Euro side. Those accents sound like fooked up muppets or something. I am trying to shoot people, and I can't do that if I am laughing every time I hear someone say something.

AWFUL VOICEOVER WORK, Dice should be ashamed.
did you ever heard our prime minister (the netherlands) when he talks in english, its awful, god bless the EF soldiers.
JAMER
+3|6669

Jakethe8lf wrote:

Get in, get in, mount up, GET TO DA CHOPPA!
LOL, GOOD ONE!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6735|The Hague, Netherlands

man i dont have EF yet, but took a look in the files were i could hear the EF voices too, and i have to say they sure sound like arnold schwarzenegger in his young days lol

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-03-15 07:42:57)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6645
i wonder what accent they are really trying to imitate... it's certainly NOT german - not at all! from time to time I think it's french... but then again it just sounds f00ked
YXAndyYX
tank/plane/helo wh0ring since 2005
+8|6726|good old europe
Yep! These voices are ridiculous and annoying at the same time!

"Go... go go"
MaximumMayhem
+27|6648|Mashtuur Boulevard
When I first tested Great Wall with 2 other players (game was waiting for more), the voices were hilarious.

They reminded me of Die Hard With A Vengeance.. the way they talk.  There are French accents too, aswell as British.. they all come out of one person though!  Its a cack to here..

"Medeeeek!" (French)

and then..

"Thanks friend!" in quasi-germanic..
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6786|Singapore

Lol @ people with funny accents.
Chowley
+1|6683|Ireland
It seems like really bad scandinavian accents to me. Like some dude from norway speaking into a phone with a hanky over the handset.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6651|Westminster, Colorado
I too fell victim to uncontrollable laughter when I first heard the voices.  After hearing that first one I started going through all of the commands to see what other interesting sounds they could make.
Buzerk1
+44|6833
Well I have been playing in English only (check box in your sounds setup). I think I'll get to normal for a few week just to hear those funny accent
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6786|Singapore

Thats boring Burzerk. Then you don't know who is yakking on the radio chatter around the corner.
Chowley
+1|6683|Ireland

terrafirma wrote:

I too fell victim to uncontrollable laughter when I first heard the voices.  After hearing that first one I started going through all of the commands to see what other interesting sounds they could make.
Lol, Im actually surprised I didnt get the same amusement out of the voices. Im quite easily amused, maybe when I get over my dissapointment I can enjoy them .
JAMER
+3|6669

polarbearz wrote:

Thats boring Burzerk. Then you don't know who is yakking on the radio chatter around the corner.
Good Point!  The only bad thing it I end up reading the screen more than playing when im on MEC of PLA.  Maybe they could get Steven Segal (cause he is such a talented actor) to redo all the PLA saying but translate to English but Impersonate a Chinese Person.  And Sean Connery to impersonate a Middle-Eastern Man for the MEC, and trow in a little "I'll take SWORDS (S-Words) for 100, Alex".
AirborneCz
+0|6644
each kit should have individual EU country accent  incl ie French, German and so on
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6782|Anaheim, CA

To me they sound like americans who are just slow in the head.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6782|Anaheim, CA

JAMER wrote:

And Sean Connery to impersonate a Middle-Eastern Man for the MEC, and trow in a little "I'll take SWORDS (S-Words) for 100, Alex".
Ha ha ha, classic!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6714|Riva, MD
EA is horrible at hiring people with the real accent so they pretend to have one.  Sadly it fucks up the game because they're so horrible at it.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
another reason not to buy it.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6703|Antarctica
They sound like a weak attempt at an alien-robot voiceover to me. :\

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard