[BGE]Cha-Chi
+5|6748
Ok, here's the deal with a real quick statement.  My girlfriend lives with me and plays on my machine under her account name.  I have download, installed, and played EF on my profile. And yes I put my profile in when I downloaded it.  When I try to log into a server on her account, I get the no EF installed error.

Is there a way to add her name to my EF or do I really have to shell out 10 more bones so that she can play the EF maps opn her account???  I sadly think I know the answer to this question but I am hoping I am wrong.

I have posted this same question once and the topic was closed without an answer to my question.  I have seen the post about changing the Gamespy ID and I am fully aware of that.  That does not answer my question since you can only change the Gamespy id 3 times a week.  Using that method for me would have the gamespy id changed 3 times in less than 48 hours probably. 

Again I am asking if a Gamespy ID can be ADDED to the list of who can play on my download.  I have done a search for this on bf2s and haven't found anyone with a posted answer to THIS question.
reubenhelms1
+0|6741|Brisbane, Australia
Sounds like you're in a bind and pickle.  I dont think EA have thought of the shared computer scenario, or they have and just dont care / want to maximize their $10 / £6 per sale.

I dont think shelling out another $10 will do it.  I dont think you'd be able to do 1 installation of BF2 and two installations of BF:EF.  You'd probably have to go the whole hog and buy another version of BF2 and install BF:EF with that, but I wouldnt trust the EAD to which installation to install to.

Yep, your pickle is definitely bound and I think you'll find EA have made one hellava knot.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
From your description... yes you are in a pickle.

The only option is to buy another EF under a different user name so that both of you can use the same computer and play EF on your separate accounts. It checks to see if the login used is associated with an EA account name that has been flagged as having bought the Booster Pack.

This is absolutely a question for EA Support. You must word it very clearly and detailed for them when you contact them. They will attempt to screw you most likely but I say give it a shot with EA Support.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra

[BGE]Cha-Chi wrote:

I have seen the post about changing the Gamespy ID and I am fully aware of that.  That does not answer my question since you can only change the Gamespy id 3 times a week.
there's your answer.

and in your other thread the question was answered, even though you should have searched before posting it.

what your asking here is how to change gamespy id more than the amount they allow you which is a totally different question.
im doubting you will get any answers on this in here, unless someone from gamespy/ea posts one.
[BGE]Cha-Chi
+5|6748
Thanks reubenhelms1 and kilroy0097.  I don't think the issiue is really not having two seperate EF's installed but like how killroy said, have the game profiles tied to a booster pack purchase.  I think sadly I would have to purchase 2 copies but definately will contact ea/dice before I do.
Cryptic_Nemesis
+0|6624
I agree with [BGE]Cha-Chi, my situation is worse (potentially).  We have BF2 and SF installede and have no problems with anyone of the kids logging in as themselves and playing any map.  Now, we purchased EF and installed it (with my user name) but the kids and their mates can't play it.  Does that really imply that I have to fork out $10 USD for EVERY one who wants to play EF?  OMG there's $40 already...

If this is the case, then perhaps EA should have detailed this a bit more openly.  I cannot remember reading this in the user licence (yep, I read it).

Anyway if it's true, I'll just have to cop it sweet and shell out (not for their mates though).  It still strikes me as a bit deceptive on EA's part. 

Oh, yeah, before anyone comments, I will be copying this to EA Games.
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
Hell, you can't even play it offline, you MUST connect to the EA server to play single player.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
The booster itself was barely worth $10.  Let alone $30 for everyone in my family to play it.  They should have just done it the same way they did SF.  They eitehr werent thinking, or were trying to screw us.  And considering their history.....
MightyMet
+2|6687|Tacoma, WA
Found this answer in the EA Support section.  I think this pretty much answers your question right?

Question

When logging in in Battlefield 2 the Euro Force content can only be accessed from one account. Why is this?

Answer

The Battlefield 2: Euro Forces booster pack can only be applied to one account within Battlefield 2.  In order to access the booster pack content you must purchase Battlefield 2: Euro Force for each Battlefield 2 account through EA Downloader.
Breadman
+27|6741|Southern New Jersey
Yes you can use 2 ef acounts on same computer.And you don't have to dl EF again for second account.
You just need 2 EA accounts "that means 2 different acounts to login in ea site and downloader. If you have 5 different EA accounts then you can play EF with 5 different BF2 names on same pc. That you paid for 10 bucks for each account. It's just EA's way of stopping illegal use of EF. No EA account with a bf2 name asigned to it no playing EF. If EA allowed you to asign more then 1 bf2 name to a ea account then friends/clans could share same account.
There's shitload of players playing SF who didn't play for it. Who dl it off internet and used a cd key gen.
This why EA is using this new method of copyright protection.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-03-17 14:39:17)

Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6784|Kansas, USA

Breadman wrote:

It's just EA's way of stopping illegal use of EF. No EA account with a bf2 name asigned to it no playing EF. If EA allowed you to asign more then 1 bf2 name to a ea account then friends/clans could share same account.
There's shitload of players playing SF who didn't play for it. Who dl it off internet and used a cd key gen.
This why EA is using this new method of copyright protection.
Sorry, but I don't accept that. They could just have easily had the EF download tied to the BF2 CD key instead of the account. Currently you can install your copy of BF2 on as many computers as you want using the same CD key - but only one copy of the game using that CD can log into the servers at a time. Tying the EF booster to the CD Key would have prevented most piracy. I say most, because some people will always find a way around it. When HL2 was released, it was supposed to be fool-proof, yeah right.

I think the idea of booster packs is a good one. Small packages of additional content at a very low fee rather than having a large expansion pack for a large price. But, this restriction went a little too far. It doesn't affect me as I am the only one in my house who plays BF2 (my son like BattleFront 2). But, this is a bad business practice, IMHO.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6713|Central Valley,California
Same problem. It's bullshit, EA just wants money money money. They don't care if there product is good or bad, they just want money and they already have are money. My brother is gonna have to shell out 10 bucks to for EF on his account.
Cryptic_Nemesis
+0|6624
Thanks MightyMet,

Figured as much, at least now I can explain (well show the kids this forum) to the kids  friends who have lobbed over here this morning why they can't play EF (or even join severs who host EF maps 'cause they will be dumped.

Thanks folks
Transkohr
+0|6649
I'm really glad that EA decided to screw the lan centers on this one.

As I ordered it, thinking that it would be somewhat like SF, but evidently it couldn't have been that easy. It's installed on two of the 33 computers, but i'm the only one. So thanks EA for tying EF to the BF2 Players account.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6678|Everett, WA, US
Couldn't they flag IP's or Hash#s instead?  Sure it would be harder, but it would make people happy.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
The whole way they handled this booster pack is a disgrace...
reubenhelms1
+0|6741|Brisbane, Australia
Has anyone actually downloaded two installations of EF (or at least paid for 2 installation) and have that working with one installation of BF2?

I'm just a bit skeptical that it would work.. but if it does, then woot and good(ish) for [BGE]Cha-Chi.

I see that Breadman said you "can" do it, but I'd like to see a post by someone who "has" done it.
[BGE]Cha-Chi
+5|6748
I haven't done it yet but its good to see some interest in the subject.  Thanks for all input
SNAP
+2|6722|LONDON
I got 3 kids and they all play BF2, theres no way, im letting them use my account just so they can play euroforce (there goes my stats, they are probably on now, while im a work) and theres no way im paying extra for all of em. Im afraid all servers will carry the new maps so they wont be able to play anywhere! Im not going to be the first to try and buy multiple accounts coz im sure it wont work knowing EA and I think its pure robbery. EA know plenty of people have multiple accounts and this stinks of just another money making scheme, hey I dont mind paying for updates, i would have paid £20 but I think the multiple accounts deal needs to be addressed. If you have multiple accounts and tons of cash, see if you can buy more accounts on 1 machine and let us poor dads know if it works!!
MightyMet
+2|6687|Tacoma, WA
Though I would still argue that they are in business to make money and if it makes them more money then good for EA.  Accusing a company of trying to make money is kind of dumb because they have an obligation to their shareholders or owners to make as much money as they possibly can.

The part that pisses me off is the downloader being XP compatible only when the game plays just fine on W2K.  Now that is just plain stupidity and poor customer service and has nothing to do with making money because by making the downloader W2K compatible they stand to do nothing other then make more money.

Sorry it's a little off topic.   
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Croak wrote:

Hell, you can't even play it offline, you MUST connect to the EA server to play single player.
Uhh, no..

You just have to have a singleplayer account to play offline.
wilks2005
+1|6761
Can't you just install the downloader to the other computer and download again? I downloaded Euro to my laptop and thought I was going to be getting an exe. Had to install the downloader and redownload/install the euro force again, was only charged the one time.
MightyMet
+2|6687|Tacoma, WA

wilks2005 wrote:

Can't you just install the downloader to the other computer and download again? I downloaded Euro to my laptop and thought I was going to be getting an exe. Had to install the downloader and redownload/install the euro force again, was only charged the one time.
Are you playing on both computers with the same account?  The issue is that you need to buy one for each account that's being used.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6784|Kansas, USA

MightyMet wrote:

Though I would still argue that they are in business to make money and if it makes them more money then good for EA.  Accusing a company of trying to make money is kind of dumb because they have an obligation to their shareholders or owners to make as much money as they possibly can.

The part that pisses me off is the downloader being XP compatible only when the game plays just fine on W2K.  Now that is just plain stupidity and poor customer service...
That's exactly my point about the booster pack being tied to an account. It is poor customer service since they totally transformed the manner in which the licensing works for the expansion versus the booster. Just look at all the confusion that the "activation: process has caused, which is apparent from all of the posts on the forums. I can't recall any other game ever being tied to an account in such a way.

I never even realized the issue mentioned above about the LAN centers. I guess the shop could still download it and install it, but if any of the customers want to play they will have to purchase EF on thier own and have it tied to their account. And, as mentioned above they will have to do this even if they don't want to play EF because soo many servers are running those maps with regular BF2 and there is no ewasy way to tell if they are or are not running htose maps.

I still think the booster pack should have been tied to the BF2 CD key. It couldn't have been any harder than tying it to the individual accounts.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6628|the side hatch
anyone know what would be involved in buying the booster for a friend?

for example, if i wanted to buy it for someone else could i just let them log into my ea account and buy another copy to install on his computer?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard