-Gunsmoke-
+165|6648|South Jersey

Jakethe8lf wrote:

I always congratulate players when they rank up. It's polite, and usually in higher ranks, you really need to work for it.
yes, i do that to, especially if its a long-haul one like 1st sgt or sergeant major , or if they happen to be in my squad.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS
Well it gives me a certain amount of respect and trust if their rank is a really fat diamond or star. Stands out a fair bit.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6781|Human Meat Shield
Not really, I do imagine they worked hard on ranking up.. but people play a different game, for a different reason. People can rank up fast by playing small servers on 64 maps..My thing...whopeee.
Flyboy63
+8|6717|South Australia
Rank simply shows you have been around a bit. It doesnt mean your a good player. It proably means you know the maps quite well & may be a good player. Then again you could just be a good stats padder.

The proof is in how you play.
Hiei987
+20|6704
I only look at Colonels as being more experienced players. But that only goes for first time I see them. On city maps most of the time top players end up being the ones below officer levels.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6741|Louisiana
I never pay attention to rank unless it's one of the higher ranks (2nd lieutenant or higher). Then I feel good about myself when I kill them.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas
I've noticed since I ranked up the day before yesterday to 2 LT, that people actually TRY to kill me.  I guess it's some sort of ego thing, IDK.  It was funny though last night, two guys were in a chopper and the pilot wouldn't take off, he told his gunner to get out because he wanted the "Butter Bars" to fly with him.  That felt kinda good.

For the most part though, I don't think rank has anything to do with anything, it just shows how much time you've put into this thing.  I don't play any different than I did a week ago when I was a Seargent Major.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6698|Seattle
I really don't accord special respect to anyone simply because of their rank.

Still, I would rather fly with a First Sergeant than a private...
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6732|The Netherlands
I respect all players, no matter what rank or age they are and i ll fly with anyone who wants to fly with me. When i get a noob gunner... well better luck next time. I wont kill him or try to get rid of him verbally on chat, i ll just fly like i allways do and have some fun.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-21 12:44:17)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6751|The Hague, Netherlands

General-Echo wrote:

I respect all players, no matter what rank or age they are and i ll fly with anyone who wants to fly with me. When i get a noob gunner... well better luck next time. I wont kill him or try to get rid of him verbally on chat, i ll just fly like i allways do and have some fun.
Same here
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6708

SaladForks wrote:

Mortifed_Kangaroo wrote:

Don"t you know any one on a lower rank is a noob and anyone on a higher rank is hacking
I really hope that was a joke. If not, hope never to see you on the battlefield, mate.
Ditto with SaladForks. Because like I said above, the colonel I play with is one of the best I have ever played with, and he's definitely not a hacker (as hackers tend to be non-team-oriented lone wolfs who don't talk ingame very much and nail every bullet out of an MP5A3 clip with a headshot).

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-05 15:12:49)

flyingsquirrel3
+8|6615
i dont care bout the rank at all, i could fly with a private with 0 score (as long as he can drive) and wouldnt care.
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6661|United Kingdom
I do and i dont respect rank. Most of the time its the 1st Sgts and below who run out infront of your jet when your taking off.  So in that aspect i hate lower ranking people.  Then again i have had the same thing happen to me by captains and lts so i dunno. I deff do not fly a chopper with a loooooww ranking person.  I have had a coupld of guys not even know what laser guided is. haha

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard