E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6688|UK
I got promoted last night to FS (3 times actually - I had two connection drops and when I joined other servers I became GS again..and got promoted. I also got two unlocks, can anyone explain this?) and playing on maps with jets and choppers, I had the lower ranks letting me use them, I was waiting, they'd go somewhere else.

I don't tend to fly a chopper with anyone with a lesser rank than mine, although some "noobs" can be really good pilots. But I prefer being on the safe side.

Also, the rank estimates on here seem a little off. It says 123 day till I rank up, but when I got promoted to GS, It said I had 43 days till I ranked up and it took me about 10 or so and thats playing around 3 hours a day.
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
i only fly with someone above staff sarge, strange but yea.  Also i dont respect higher rankers because ive seen 2nt lts and captains do stupid things ..... So far all the Sarge Majors ive been against seem to be better then anything higher
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
i actually never take notice of anyones rank ingame. never even thought to bother looking.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
Neh... I had a captain blocking my aircraft a couple of days ago, so... But retards are retards, no matter rank!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Rank means little, I only ever am the gunner in a chopper if i know my pilot. On pubs I'm always the pilot (And it's still frustrating when your co-pilot doesn't do anything, let alone TV guided missles)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
yeah i've seen high ranks do stupid things like ruin other people's game tk'ing teamates for no reason so it depends on what type of mood u are in, I guess.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I follow the Charles Upham view. Dont respect rank, respect people. If a Private is doing a good job, I respect them. If a Captain is doing a good job, I respect them. If a Colonel is doing a shit job, I don't respect them at all.

I get respect for doing good work, and I very often finish above much higher ranks, (I've beaten everything up to Colonel.) I don't do any smacktard-ish activity, (although today In a fit of rage I fired my PKM at a friendly plane because these two guys wouldn't let anyone else fly - I wanted to be gunner.) and I've seen many a Captain park in the middle of an airstrip, or throw himself infront of a friendly veichle just to make sure other people teamkill him.

I'll be a First Sergeant in a couple of days. I'll tell you if I notice any great respect difference.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6629|Tasmania
Why would a person want to be tk'd?
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6787|Hanging onto the UAV
I ranked up to 2nd Lieutenant the other day, and I can't say I've been treated any differently. On topic, I don't treat lower ranks any differently, although I am wary about getting into choppers/bombers who are being piloted by Pvts or a similar low rank. Too many times I've been concentrating on bombing the crap out of the enemy, only to find that my pilot's bailed over enemy territory and I'm heading for a mountain!
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6728|Honolulu, HI
I've been 1stSgt for a couple months now, nearly to Master Gunnery Sgt, and can't say anyone's given me any "respect" as a result.  Then again, expecting people to say on the in-game chat, "Wow [QXJZ] Capt_Kefra, you're a 1st Sgt?  I yield to your high rank and the wisdom, experience and general 1337ness that comes with it!", ain't gonna happen.  All I can do is take quiet pride in the fact that usually, I get a score that befits my relatively high rank.  I represent, yo!  (I can't even pull that one off in a fucking forum post can I? )

Plus I never play commander so the high rank really does nothing for me.  Oh well.

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2006-03-15 01:51:33)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu
Rank doesn't mean anything besides how long you have played.
I only respect team players.
Whoring for point is a sign of disrespect to others so the person doing it do not deserve any respect himself.
Intentional TK are not cool either.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750

Tyferra wrote:

I follow the Charles Upham view. Dont respect rank, respect people. If a Private is doing a good job, I respect them. If a Captain is doing a good job, I respect them. If a Colonel is doing a shit job, I don't respect them at all.
yeah i will not look at a rank and then think "hey i am going to hang with this guy cause he must be good", i will only stay with a player of any rank if i feel that they are doing a good job, same with choppers and bombers. If i see a lower rank getting in and i join them, then i will give them a chance to show what they can do. if they are shit then i will suggest that i fly and they can shoot, this way they get an understanding of how to make the best use of the bomber or heli.

if the person is insisting on flying but are really bad even though they are a higher rank, then i will let them be.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6620|the side hatch
of course team play is key but i do certainly 'feel' differently about 1st sargeant and above, i think eveyone in this thread really said what they feel but i would bet that in the heat of battle they would more easliy assume that a lieut has more skill as a gunner/medic/sniper etc. than a corp and would give their support accodingly...is it just me or do 1st and sergeant majors really seem to play better that lieuts and majors and caps? the top 5 players in a round are often made up of those ranks but it seems like sergeants are alwasy at the top

of course i assume that any private that is owning is just a 1st that started a new account and any cap that sucks jsut plays 8 hours a day

perhaps it is just my expectations getting in the way and that i notice when there is only one captain in the game and he doesnt take the gold
Skinnister
+43|6725|UK
I have posted something to do with this post before, and I think players dont respect higher ranked players at all....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
some "noobs" may be good teammates, but flying a chopper? they may be real good and theyre a corporal (like my dad, but hes still a noob) but i dont wanna take the risk and crash into the mountain side
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6746

The funniest thing I heard in voice from a guy in my squad talking about an enemy player... "OMG that guys got an eagle above his head. Everyone run away!!" and he was serious. Later in the game, "that eagle dude is back I'm running!"

I never laughed so hard in BF2 because I know why people think like that, you see a high rank symbol on the target you're aiming for and you spend a millisecond more than usual thinking about whether or not you're going to win that fight, but if you see a private running around you will expose yourself much more trying to take that low rank noob out.

People may not respect ranks on their own team, but higher ranks on the other team have two effects: some people run away, or run away and try to get a better angle on a higher rank instead of engaging directly. The other effect is when you see a high rank, you try even harder to kill that bastard, because nothing is more satisfying then killing someone higher up the ladder then you are.

Everyone picks on privates though.
Jakethe8lf
+13|6641|Victoria, Australia
I always congratulate players when they rank up. It's polite, and usually in higher ranks, you really need to work for it.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

Jakethe8lf wrote:

I always congratulate players when they rank up. It's polite, and usually in higher ranks, you really need to work for it.
good atitude. But for my part, I dont respect higher ranks at all. Look, a rank is nothing but the points you´ve earned during the time you´ve played BF2. I salute to the players who has a higher rank then me, but the rank not always shows their skills, and I´ve often recognized that I was much more better at a end of a round then someone higher ranked.

But if there is a colonel (or else higher ranked then me) waiting for a jet, I dont try to steal it.

By the way I respect players all the same if they do a good job.

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-15 03:12:55)

GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6743|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
i respect most players out there except nitromarine , i mostly team play in a squad so if private or colonel is killing im happy , i havent been in the air since 1.12 as the BH is now crap . i managed to fly a jet long enough to get my jet badge and that is it . you guys can have yo jets back to topic, ill switch kits to help out to revive team mates even if they are privates
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

Jakethe8lf wrote:

Same. I have seen a lot of people get 1stsgt. I know how hard the climb is from gunny sgt (1700 pts and im there) so I congratulate them.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK
Lmfao I had 1 2nd lt jump infront of my jet yesterday and a captain and a 2nd lt jump infront of my jet today do I respect them? No but I respect the fact that they have taken alot of time and effort to become quite obviously the biggest cunts to walk the earth, and I also respect the fact that they will die loneley as virgins. I always imagine them going off to report it on their myspace account ROFL that no-one reads, fucking emo kids man...........
FrEaK
+1|6783|Finland
they have just played more longer than you
Lionbeat
+9|6646|LONDON
Yeh, I work a 40 hour week and run parties in my spare time, so it runs to more like 60. I LOVE BF2, but don't have time to kane it. My neighbour, on the other hand, has clocked over 850 hours! But we're of the same level when we play together (though his rank is 2nd lt) and our score per round is almost identical. Rank doesn't mean much. Chances are, the higher ranked players are just students able to waste their ime (and get 2:2 instead of a 2:1 honours degree!) or complete social retards playing in their filthy Y-fronts. Though, my neighbour is neither!

Last edited by Lionbeat (2006-03-17 07:13:38)

BF2Craglyeye
+72|6673|Australia

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

The funniest thing I heard in voice from a guy in my squad talking about an enemy player... "OMG that guys got an eagle above his head. Everyone run away!!" and he was serious. Later in the game, "that eagle dude is back I'm running!"

I never laughed so hard in BF2 because I know why people think like that, you see a high rank symbol on the target you're aiming for and you spend a millisecond more than usual thinking about whether or not you're going to win that fight, but if you see a private running around you will expose yourself much more trying to take that low rank noob out.

People may not respect ranks on their own team, but higher ranks on the other team have two effects: some people run away, or run away and try to get a better angle on a higher rank instead of engaging directly. The other effect is when you see a high rank, you try even harder to kill that bastard, because nothing is more satisfying then killing someone higher up the ladder then you are.

Everyone picks on privates though.
Taking out a private is going to be hell of alot easier than a 2nd lt.

I have however i have noticed an increase in Squad invites since i became 1st Sarge.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-03-17 07:54:32)

BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6730|Rochester, NY
I actually shot an Colonel yesterday on Karkand with my G36E! I am only a Sgt :p anyway I have played with ECR.RC and he was one of the nicest Colonel ever, especially as being a pilot and I am a gunner. I respect some high ranked players, but most of them are retards...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard