w00tson
+0|6643|Schmuckland

belikeron wrote:

ROFL im glad im not the only one, I was playing with it in sp lan and i could take off np, but when id land Id get it nice and level touch the ground and boom loop de loop every time, no matter how hard i fought the joystick.
Watch your airspeed. While you can use the ground as a brake with the other choppers, you can't with this one. Brake, THEN land. Far more realistic I think. Now the bad habits we have developed with the other choppers are coming back to bite us
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6670
A lot of people are saying "I can land it fine", and yeah, in a calm LZ it can land w/o taking dmg, but if you're on the run, or say in a field with slightly uneven ground, its damn near impossible to not take at least a little damage, which is retarded.  And if you bump somthing, it reacts more like the Hind than anything from vanilla BF2 as far as losing control.  The gun and missle are fine if the pilot knows how to aim you, but the guns movement arc in both axes is less than the MEC choppers (it doesn't point as low, and maybe not as high either...or as far to the sides if I'm not mistaken), and the missle is a little lower than the vanilla BF2 choppers. 

All in all, with a good pilot AND gunner it can compete with the Mi-28, but you gotta hit and run because the Havoc can own the Tiger if you stick around it too long...best to just let the gunner get a TV off, let the pilot fly by and use his missles as the gunner uses his gun, then get out of there and repair/reposition.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Chowley
+1|6702|Ireland

[BSUS]wishous wrote:

Chowley wrote:

[BSUS]wishous wrote:

I can land it just fine, ..weird.

As for rotation, I found it to be a fast rotator, it was extremely easy to flip a 180 when I needed to. Maybe it's my joystick? Who knows.
I think he means using the rudder to turn not banking the heli. Thats a big problem in my opinion its extremely slow to turn.
That's what I meant when "rotating, flipping a 180". Wouldn't "flipping a 180" when banking mean going upside down?

LOL.

Well to me a flip is when you pull the nose up and throttle. The same idea while banking would be a barrel roll. Yes 180 would mean going upside down, but im quite used to people referring to a 360 as a 180 on these forums so it can get confusing .

You could be right, your joysticks rudder may be far more effective than a keyboards. But then no chance ill go back to trying to fly a heli with a joystick its awful. I just hope they change the Tiger handling, bring it up to par with the z10 maybe .

Last edited by Chowley (2006-03-15 13:52:30)

w00tson
+0|6643|Schmuckland

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

A lot of people are saying "I can land it fine", and yeah, in a calm LZ it can land w/o taking dmg
Why in the name of all that is slightly chopperish would you land in a not calm LZ?

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

then get out of there and repair/reposition.
Getting out of there is what the Tiger is good at. The Tiger-cannon doesn't go as low as the havoc one, but just as high. Not sure about sideways.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6670
You try to land in calm LZs every time I would assume...I was just saying that if you have to drop down to the pad in a hurry -like if a jet is flying at u guns ablaze and it locks, and you hit flares and drop down to dodge the guns, and thus might hit the pad at a faster speed than you should- you are gonna take considerable damage compared to what you would in the other choppers.  And if that is an attempt to balance the Tiger against the Mi-28, so be it... I can adapt easily enough.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard