chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

I've (finally) posted the Rules for BF2S up. I suggest you take a spare 5 minutes of your life to read them, you will be held to them.

These are, for the most part, the de facto rules we've been using, so there isn't much you wouldn't expect. However, now that they are in writing, we can more strictly enforce them.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6830|Finland
You ought to make like a HUGE ultra flashy box on the attention bar so that someone actually reads them
But yeah, good job. Maybe a bit more search button use from now on.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6813|Belgium

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. This is not a friendly request, if you do not search, you're very likely to have your thread closed and told to search. Harshly.

Hehe, let's go Harshly

Cheers,
R
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway
Niiiiice!

Am i to believe that if anyone posts a topic, from this minute onward, with one of the following titles:
- Help!
- Oh No!!!
- ZOMG!!!!
- Can you help me?
- I don't know what to do!!!!!
- Sh1t!!!!

etc.etc - they might be edited/closed/deleted/banned???

Looking forward to the dreadful Scourge of 2006 that will happen right now and up until everyone who is interested in a thriving place is in and everyone else is out

Good Luck!!!
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6646|Westminster, Colorado
I agree totally with Friluftshund.  The title should be very descriptive about what the post is about.  I would also add that threads with spelling errors in the title be closed. If you cannot put enough time and effort to get the spelling right in the TITLE, I am not going to read your post.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6700|NL
my comment;

in the rules it says:

Signatures: No nudity, total height of your sig(s) should be under 300px, and keep the total file size under 150 kilobytes.
i would like to see this info also on the "Compose your signature" webpage

thats all. not really a comment...

EDIT:

Do not advertise. Ever.
does this include a link to your own homepage?

Last edited by Poncho (2006-03-14 13:41:56)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Poncho wrote:

my comment;

in the rules it says:

Signatures: No nudity, total height of your sig(s) should be under 300px, and keep the total file size under 150 kilobytes.
i would like to see this info also on the "Compose your signature" webpage

thats all. not really a comment...

EDIT:

Do not advertise. Ever.
does this include a link to your own homepage?
1) Yeah, i have to editup the php to the forums to put it there

2) Do you make money from having people go to your homepage? No, it's fine. Yes, it's not ok.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

A good attempt, I'll say that, but you will always get the random troll who won't read the rules and post those annoying topics, flame, and demonstrate bad spelling and grammar.
Yes, but now when we ban them they have no room to say, "There were no rules saying I couldn't do that!!"

Besides, I think for the most part this will weed out those types of people leaving this community better in the long run. Ultimately though, it is up to the mods and admin to enforce these rules, else they mean nothing.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Yes, but now when we ban them they have no room to say, "There were no rules saying I couldn't do that!!"

Besides, I think for the most part this will weed out those types of people leaving this community better in the long run. Ultimately though, it is up to the mods and admin to enforce these rules, else they mean nothing.
*stands up*

Clap...clap...clap...
I hope you manage to straighten out the debate forum first, should people who arn't interested in a debate stay out of it? imo: yes...
And then help forums.. I hate boats being spotted on a innocent question - Everyone has the right to not know something, and they shouldn't be flamed for wanting to learn!

*goes to bed*

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-03-14 17:23:16)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6798|Portland, OR, USA

Yay, sig height limits! Although 300px is a bit tall IMO. I mean, that's the height of d4rkph03n1x's sig and it's huge IMO.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand
All good! except, "All rules are subject to change without notification, check back once in a while to see any changes." If there are any changes, is it really that hard to "Mass Email" everyone the changes if it is anything suffient, as you have every members email addy.

Also, jsut a question, when new people join, in the confimation email, is there a link to the rules page?

Cheers
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6830|Finland
Yay you made that announcement!
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway
Together with introducing these rules, would you also consider a hall/wall of shame where people who has been kicked/banned is displayed?

It could be irritating to lose a discussion partner because he called someone a homo on another thread and not know why he isn't responding (just to take a completely hypothetical example )
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Fril, if a person is demoted/tempbanned their title changes accordingly.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6715|England
Ok then i have read the rules just one question.
The sigs have now been set a heigth limit and size. Does this mean if i have a sig that is like 149kb and then i wanted to use another sig that is 130kb would i be allowed to do that or has that gone over the limit??

Last edited by gazzie (2006-03-15 10:04:17)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

That would be over the limit. Comeon now, 300kb for sig images?
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6715|England
lol sorry but errrm you didnt specify whether it was for one image or 2 or more images and yes i have a few sigs that go way over the limit because of the animations in it

Last edited by gazzie (2006-03-15 13:24:48)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra
i think you should also add somthing about people posting how to use glitches and cheats ingame.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6720|Madrid, Spain
Rules are perfect, let's hope everybody spends 5 min. reading them.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6830|Finland
How strict is that advertising rule? Since there are a few topics in chatter about ppl asking to join their server.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra

Landepaukku wrote:

How strict is that advertising rule? Since there are a few topics in chatter about ppl asking to join their server.
he means advertising as in making money from it..... i think
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6651| United States of America

Viper007Bond wrote:

Yay, sig height limits! Although 300px is a bit tall IMO. I mean, that's the height of d4rkph03n1x's sig and it's huge IMO.
is my sig fine?
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6700|NL

Lt.Goldman wrote:

tvmissleman wrote:

is my sig fine?
It's  400 x 178   but only 28 Kb  !

If you want it to be the offcial 300, complain to the one who made it... gee that's me
HEIGHT is 300

width is kinda unlimited....

edit:

so his is ok. his width is 400.

Last edited by Poncho (2006-03-17 08:09:22)

Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6655|The Netherlands
@ Chuy: What about the rule   Do not advertise. Ever.    ???
EVERYONE who has a stats sig has the Hypernia logo on it .... that's advertising to me   
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Goldman, that doesn't count really -- can't be helped. Even *I* advertised the site with the sigs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard